• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS xml - not showing up under admin...

EmDash

I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I've got a fresh install of osCommerce 2.2 RC2a. I've tried to install the UPS xml (1.3.5) contribution... done it twice now according to the directions in the readme.txt file. (Unless there's a secret undocumented step, I didn't miss any.)

When I go to the site's admin, it just doesn't show up as a shipping module. It's not there in the list so I can't activate it.

Anyone come across this before? Any thoughts on how to fix this?

I've got a fresh install of osCommerce 2.2 RC2a. I've tried to install the UPS xml (1.3.5) contribution... done it twice now according to the directions in the readme.txt file. (Unless there's a secret undocumented step, I didn't miss any.)

When I go to the site's admin, it just doesn't show up as a shipping module. It's not there in the list so I can't activate it.

Anyone come across this before? Any thoughts on how to fix this?

It comes up in the list as UPS. Are you sure you aren't just overlooking it.

When you upload the upsxml.php files to the correct places the module will show up in the list, unless the webserver has not enough permission to "read" the files.

Thanks for the quick response! I'm not overlooking it in the admin panel, I'm still getting only the five default shipping modules (flat rate, per item, table rate, United States Postal Service, zone rates).

I just tried it a second time on the testing server. I had the same problem. Then I double checked my files on the server. The catalog/includes/modules/shipping directory somehow got a shipping subdirectory created by my ftp program (Dreamweaver fwiw), and the upsxml.php file was in there. I moved them back to where they should be (one level up), and now I can find it as a module in admin.

I thought it may be the same issue on the site's server, but no, all files are present and correct and still no UPS module in admin. I'm guessing it's a file permission problem then.