• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with Ultrapics install on new 2.2rc2 shop

pschwab

I have a new installation of oscommerce 2.2rc2. The only thing I've done so far was added STS 4.5.8_1_2_1 to it. I then installed Ultra Pics 2.07.01 (2.04.1 + LightBox + CCGV + STS) With updates sql file, STS installation description and Dutch translation, and when I select a product, the whole top half of the screen is black. I've removed it and reinstalled 3 times, all with the same result. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The site is www.kurvyassets.com if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Edited by pschwab

I have a new installation of oscommerce 2.2rc2. The only thing I've done so far was added STS 4.5.8_1_2_1 to it. I then installed Ultra Pics 2.07.01 (2.04.1 + LightBox + CCGV + STS) With updates sql file, STS installation description and Dutch translation, and when I select a product, the whole top half of the screen is black. I've removed it and reinstalled 3 times, all with the same result. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The site is www.kurvyassets.com if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Well, I had to get started on other things with this site, but took a screenshot of the error that you can see here

http://www.kurvyassets.com/images/ultrapicserror.jpg

If anyone has seen this before and can point me in the right direction I would sincerely appreciate it.

• 2 months later...
I'm in the same boat as pschwab and was hoping someone could tell me were I've gone awry

maoaaaabo.jpg

It was quite a while and many contribs ago, so I don't remember exactly, but I believe I just restored to a working site and installed a different version. The one I am using now is Ultrapics 2.08 w/ Lightbox 2.04 from 5/22/08. Hope it works for you. Let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
It was quite a while and many contribs ago, so I don't remember exactly, but I believe I just restored to a working site and installed a different version. The one I am using now is Ultrapics 2.08 w/ Lightbox 2.04 from 5/22/08. Hope it works for you. Let me know.

I just had this happen to me recently while tweaking a shop... if I recall correctly, the problem is you're calling the Lightbox Javascript twice. I had an include file calling the same script after the main file had called it. Try checking that with a PHP editor or get a good HTML sniffer and check the CSS file links when you render the page.

Suggest you poke around in PHP first. REM out the first set of calls to the Lightbox JS and see if it goes away (note it might not work either, but if the black box disappears you know you are on the right track). Even if that does not solve it, I think that is still likely your problem somewhere in your code.

Regards,

David

I just had this happen to me recently while tweaking a shop... if I recall correctly, the problem is you're calling the Lightbox Javascript twice. I had an include file calling the same script after the main file had called it. Try checking that with a PHP editor or get a good HTML sniffer and check the CSS file links when you render the page.

Suggest you poke around in PHP first. REM out the first set of calls to the Lightbox JS and see if it goes away (note it might not work either, but if the black box disappears you know you are on the right track). Even if that does not solve it, I think that is still likely your problem somewhere in your code.

Regards,

David

sure enough that fixed it

thanks Dave!