• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Methods V3.0.2 - International Shipping Methods

jdaturi

I've set up the USPS Methods V3.0.2 - Configured and sync'd with my USPS api production account. Everything is working properly except that the "First Class Int'l" method is not showing up as an option for International customers on the checkout page. Express, Priority, and Global Express display as options but First Class does not. I'm not sure if this is a configuration problem, but when I go to Modules->Shipping and edit the USPS shipping module, it doesn't give me options to check off for international shipping methods, but it gives me options for Domestic. This is what I see:

"Domestic Shipping Methods

Select the domestic services to be offered:

[ ] EXPRESS

[ ] PRIORITY

[ ] FIRST CLASS

[ ] PARCEL

[ ] BPM

[ ] MEDIA

Int'l Shipping Methods

Select the international services to be offered:

"

Then it goes on to configure insurance options, etc. But I would assume checkboxes with options to appear under Int'l Shipping Methods just like the domestic options, but nothing is there.

Has anybody else seen this? Or, does anybody know if it is a configuration issue or something. I'm pulling my hair out because everything else is working properly except this one option. My store specifically sells products to Europe and I am US based, so I need that first class option to appear for my customers because most are not going to want to pay for express or priority. Any help would be appreciated.

J

I apologize.... I should've read more posts before I added a new topic.... If anyone else is having this issue the answer which was already posted is:

"Just to backup the quick fix to get USPS First Class International up and running, anywhere in the includes/modules/shipping/usps.php file where it says

'First-Class Mail International' should be changed to

'First Class Mail International Package'

Make sure the dash is taken out of the word: First Class."

there still seems to be an issue in there somewhere that i cant find. my international choices are not showing up under admin with the check boxes but they are fine on the user choice end. I did also notice I get this error when I click on edit to edit that module:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_GLOBAL, expecting ')' in /home/shopfou3/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php(216) : eval()'d code on line 1

I'm guessing it has something to do with why the int'l choices arent showing up in admin?

I just use priority and first class for international so i just went into the usps.php and blocked all the other choices from the code manually since i cant do it in the admin for some reason.

My code is as follows for the first class:

'FIRST-CLASS MAIL INT' => 'First Class Mail International Package');

Edited by Jayman11

Under configuration, edit the set_function type. Mine was set at the varchar. I changed it to text and all works good. No more error and the int'l boxes show up in admin now.

Thanks. I changed the type in my DB, however I still don't see those Int'l options in Admin. Did you have to delete and re-install the shipping module? I didn't want to do it unless I have to because then I'll feel compelled to do my testing all over again. However, if that's what you had to do, I'll do it.

Thanks for the help,

J

Thanks. I changed the type in my DB, however I still don't see those Int'l options in Admin. Did you have to delete and re-install the shipping module? I didn't want to do it unless I have to because then I'll feel compelled to do my testing all over again. However, if that's what you had to do, I'll do it.

Thanks for the help,

J

Sorry, yeah I had to remove it then reinstall it and everything showed up fine and that little error went away too.