• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to determine the page link?

casch

If it helps any...

You get that error from tep_href_link function if the connection type passed to it is not 'SSL' or 'NONSSL'.

Maybe a minor code change willl help track down the offending code?

:unsure:

/catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

In the function:

////
// The HTML href link wrapper function
 function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {

You could change this code:

die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL</b><br><br>');

To:

$from = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
  die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL</b><br><br>Method[' . $connection . ']<br>Script[' . $from . ']');

I tested this and purposely introduced the error on a page and it told me the connection method I was trying to use and the script it was called from.

Maybe you just have a glitch in an FTP'd file.

:(

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a long shot at best...

Mind saying what the entire error message was (by confidential PM if you want)?

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Actually it did not change the message at all.. but the one you gave me there above referenced Unable to determine connection method on a link. After no result I applied the same method to Unable to determine page link just above that reference. It then said the same thing except for it then Method: [filename of what ever page I tried]

That's odd....

:blink:

Method should contain the connection method requested, and Script should have the filename...

If I had any more tricks up my sleve I'd post them - but I don't.

:(

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Most all the information I can find says to add this directly above the tep_href_link function.

global $HTTP_SERVER_VARS;
if($page='')
$HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'];

The error remains unchaged though with no success.. Is there something wrong with the code supplied that would effect today as most of those code snippets I am finding is somewhat outdated.

The PHP manual says $HTTP_SERVER_VARS has been deprecated and to use $_SERVER instead.

Although that may not get you any closer to a solution.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

you have us stabbing in the dark somewhat here as u provide v limited info

try this:

in application_top.php

find (94)

$PHP_SELF = str_replace(getenv('PATH_INFO'), '', $PHP_SELF);

add after:

if (($PHP_SELF == '') || (strlen(trim($PHP_SELF)) == 0)) $PHP_SELF = rtrim(str_replace(array(getenv('PATH_INFO'),getenv('QUERY_STRING')) , '', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']), '?');

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Sorry Sam I didnt make it back here in time before you made your post. So far I got rid of the problem. Since I had no personal edits in the file I replaced it with a stock file. /includes/functions/html_output.php is the one I replaced. Got rid of the error. Now I am getting new errors which I have worked my way through most and am stuck again though. Im getting this error from a stock file at that?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/www/********.com/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 115

My editor shows this function being part of 115. Again this is stock. Line 115 according to Notepad ++ is $_SESSION[$variable] = null;

if ($session_started == true) {
  if (PHP_VERSION < 4.3) {
	return session_register($variable);
  } else {
	if (isset($GLOBALS[$variable])) {
	  $_SESSION[$variable] =& $GLOBALS[$variable];
	} else {
	  $_SESSION[$variable] = null;
	}
  }
}

return false;
 }

• 4 weeks later...
If you have PHP4.1.0+ here's a suggestion that might be even better than simon's suggestion:

Just change the function definition from this:

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {

to this:

function tep_href_link($page = $_SERVER[ 'PHP_SELF' ], $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {

That will just set $page to $_SERVER[ 'PHP_SELF' ] if it's not set to something else when the function is called. No need to declare any variables (HTTP_SERVER_VARS) global or anything.

There is a concern about defaulting $page to php_self of course - what if there's a redirect that isn't receiving a page reference and just keeps pointing to itself. It will generate a message (at least in IE) something along the lines of 'The page request reached it's maximum redirect blah blah blah'.

-chicken

Here is what mine shows...where would I put the code?

// Redirect to another page or site

function tep_redirect($url) {

if ( (strstr($url, "\n") != false) || (strstr($url, "\r") != false) ) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false));

}

if ( (ENABLE_SSL == true) && (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ) { // We are loading an SSL page

if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url

$url = HTTPS_SERVER . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)); // Change it to SSL

}

}

Here is what mine shows...where would I put the code?
In the function, tep_href_link rather than in tep_redirect?

Also, note that the next post after the one that you quoted notes that you can't use $_SERVER in a function definition. I think that Sam's solution in the third page of this thread is better, you should change how $PHP_SELF is defined in includes/application_top.php rather than changing html_output.php.

For example, changing (around line 46)

// set php_self in the local scope
 if (!isset($PHP_SELF)) $PHP_SELF = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'];

to

// set php_self in the local scope
 if (!isset($PHP_SELF)) $PHP_SELF = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'];
 if (!isset($PHP_SELF)) $PHP_SELF = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];

might fix your problem.

Always back up before making changes.

• 2 months later...

I think i solved this problem - if you still find it hard to figured out - please give me a sign B) - I don't really now if this topic is still active

I think i solved this problem - if you still find it hard to figured out - please give me a sign B) - I don't really now if this topic is still active

Hi,

I have OSC 2.2RC2a installed in the root directory of my server (MySQL 5 is there) and I keep receiving this 'Unable to determine the page link!' error. It happens for the footer only and only if one of the following conditions are met:

1. Site address is entered as http://domain (without/index.php)

2. Top link is used to go to the main page.

Oterwise it works smoothly. Also it doesn't happen if the store is installed inside catalog folder, but I just need shop without any fancy webportals around, so creating "index.html" or any other workaround using shop inside catalog folder is really the last one I'd use. I just need something that works without any workarounds of this kind...

I tried some contributions (like indexfix) and other stuff mentioned in the posts around different forums, but nothing helped.

I have no possibility to downgrade mysql (as one of the posts I read suggested), so I'm still looking...

I'd really appreciate any help (other thatn changing provider - this is not an option).

Thanks in advance,

piotr

Hi,

I have OSC 2.2RC2a installed in the root directory of my server (MySQL 5 is there) and I keep receiving this 'Unable to determine the page link!' error. It happens for the footer only and only if one of the following conditions are met:

1. Site address is entered as http://domain (without/index.php)

2. Top link is used to go to the main page.

Oterwise it works smoothly. Also it doesn't happen if the store is installed inside catalog folder, but I just need shop without any fancy webportals around, so creating "index.html" or any other workaround using shop inside catalog folder is really the last one I'd use. I just need something that works without any workarounds of this kind...

I tried some contributions (like indexfix) and other stuff mentioned in the posts around different forums, but nothing helped.

I have no possibility to downgrade mysql (as one of the posts I read suggested), so I'm still looking...

I'd really appreciate any help (other thatn changing provider - this is not an option).

Thanks in advance,

piotr

Try this, it works for me:

Hi,

Very first i want to inform you those are not much familiar with oscommerce.

The function tep_href_link is not in general.php, this is in html_output.php in the same directory.

I have just added given lines in tep_href_link function and then all working fine on my server:

global $link,

if($page == '') { $page = basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']); }

Now the function will look like this..

global $request_type, $session_started, $SID, $spider_flag;

global $link;

if($page == '') { $page = basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']); }

/* if (!tep_not_null($page)) {

// die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>');

die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000">'.TEP_HREF_LINK_ERROR1);

}*/

if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {

$link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG;

} elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {

if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {

$link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;

} else {

}

} else {

//die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL</b><br><br>');

die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000">'.TEP_HREF_LINK_ERROR2);

}

and this one:

you have us stabbing in the dark somewhat here as u provide v limited info

try this:

in application_top.php

find (94)

$PHP_SELF = str_replace(getenv('PATH_INFO'), '', $PHP_SELF);

add after:

if (($PHP_SELF == '') || (strlen(trim($PHP_SELF)) == 0)) $PHP_SELF = rtrim(str_replace(array(getenv('PATH_INFO'),getenv('QUERY_STRING')) , '', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']), '?');

I had the same problem, now it works fine so far :D

• 3 weeks later...

I also have this problem. I have tried several stuff but with no luck. Search-Engine Safe URLs is set to false.

I receive the "Unable to determine the page link!"-error message on product_info.php page for some products, but not all. And I cant find any pattern for the products that generate the error message.

Is there anyone that have any ide of what I can do to solve this?

I also have this problem. I have tried several stuff but with no luck. Search-Engine Safe URLs is set to false.

I receive the "Unable to determine the page link!"-error message on product_info.php page for some products, but not all. And I cant find any pattern for the products that generate the error message.

Is there anyone that have any ide of what I can do to solve this?

Without your code its very hard to tell what your error is caused by!! Can you post the code?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Here's the code from seo.class.php. Do I need to post some more code?

/**
* Stock function, fallback use 
*/        
 function stock_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {
   global $request_type, $session_started, $SID;
   if (!$this->not_null($page)) {
     die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>');
   }
       if ($page == '/') $page = '';
   if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {
   } elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {
     if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {
       $link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;
     } else {
     }
   } else {
     die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL</b><br><br>');
   }

I thought you said the error occured in product_info.php ??

Sam

Contributions:

Yes, it does. But I didnt thought the code in product_info.php had anyting to do with it. But heres the code for product_info.php:

<?php
/*
$Id: product_info.php 3 2006-05-27 04:59:07Z user $

osCMax Power E-Commerce
 http://oscdox.com

Copyright 2006 osCMax

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Most of this file is changed or moved to BTS - Basic Template System - format.
// For adding in contribution or modification - parts of this file has been moved to: catalog\templates\fallback\contents\<filename>.tpl.php as a default (sub 'fallback' with your current template to see if there is a template specife change).
//       catalog\templates\fallback\contents\<filename>.tpl.php as a default (sub 'fallback' with your current template to see if there is a template specife change).
// (Sub 'fallback' with your current template to see if there is a template specific file.)

require('includes/application_top.php');

// LINE ADDED: MOD - Added for Dynamic MoPics v3.000
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'dynamic_mopics.php');
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

// BOF: Additional Images
 if (empty($_GET['pID'])) { $_GET['pID'] = $_GET['products_id']; }

if (ADDIMAGES_MENU_LOCATION == 'product_info') { 
 include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_POPUP_ADD_IMAGE);

// $navigation->remove_current_page();

if (!empty($_GET['imagesID'])) {
   $products_query = tep_db_query( "SELECT ai.products_id, ai.images_description, ai.thumb_images, ai.medium_images, ai.popup_images, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_pop, p.products_image_description FROM " . TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES . " ai, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p WHERE ai.products_id=p.products_id and ai.additional_images_id = '".(int)$_GET['imagesID']."'");
   $selected_image = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);
 } elseif (!empty($_GET['pID'])) {
   $products_query = tep_db_query( "SELECT products_id, products_image, products_image_med, products_image_pop, products_image_description FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " WHERE products_id = '".(int)$_GET['pID']."'");
   $selected_image = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);
 }

$imagemenu = new displayonpageimagemenu ( $selected_image['products_id'] );

// calculate menu size in pixels
 $extra_window_width = 24;  // space for web browser
 $extra_window_height = 86;  // space for web browser

if (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_SHOW_ON_POPUP == 'true' && ($imagemenu->addimages_count > 1)) {
   list ($menu_width, $menu_height) = $imagemenu->boxsize();
   if (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_TABLE_LOCATION == 'sides') { 
  $extra_window_width += $menu_width; 
  if ($imagemenu->maximageheight < $menu_height) { $imagemenu->maximageheight = $menu_height; }
}
   if (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_TABLE_LOCATION == 'above' || ADDIMAGES_POPUP_TABLE_LOCATION == 'below') { 
  $extra_window_height += $menu_height; 
  if ($imagemenu->maximagewidth < $menu_width) { $imagemenu->maximagewidth = $menu_width; }
}
 }
 if(!empty($selected_image['products_image_description'])) { 
   $imagemenu->maximageheight += 22; // add space for large image description text height
 }
}
// EOF: Additional Images

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);

$content = CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO;
 $javascript = 'popup_window.js';

?> <?php // BOF: Additional Images ?>
<script language="javascript"><!--
function showImage(img,width,height) {
 if (document.getElementById("mainimage")) {
   document.getElementById("mainimage").src = img;
   document.getElementById("mainimage").height = height;
   document.getElementById("mainimage").width = width;
 }
}
//--></script>
<?php // EOF: Additional Images ?> <?php

include (bts_select('main', $content_template)); // BTSv1.5

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

As you can see I use BTS, so heres the code for product_info.tpl.php

<?php echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<?php
 if ($product_check['total'] < 1) {
  // BOF Separate Price per Customer
    if(!tep_session_is_registered('sppc_customer_group_id')) { 
    $customer_group_id = '0';
    } else {
     $customer_group_id = $sppc_customer_group_id;
    }
  // EOF Separate Price per Customer
?>
     <tr>
       <td><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND))); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
               <td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 } else {
 // BOF: Additional Images: Added:  $product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_pop, p.products_image_description, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " set products_viewed = products_viewed+1 where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {

$scustomer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']. "' and customers_group_id =  '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
       if ($scustomer_group_price = tep_db_fetch_array($scustomer_group_price_query)) {
       $product_info['products_price']= $scustomer_group_price['customers_group_price'];
}
     $products_price = '<span style="text-decoration:line-through">' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
   } else {
       $scustomer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']. "' and customers_group_id =  '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
       if ($scustomer_group_price = tep_db_fetch_array($scustomer_group_price_query)) {
       $product_info['products_price']= $scustomer_group_price['customers_group_price'];
}
     $products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
   }

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_model'])) {
     $products_name = $product_info['products_name'] . '<br><span class="smallText">[' . $product_info['products_model'] . ']</span>';
   } else {
     $products_name = $product_info['products_name'];
   }

$additional_images = new displayimages ( $product_info['products_id'] );

// BOF: Mod - Wishlist
//DISPLAY PRODUCT WAS ADDED TO WISHLIST IF WISHLIST REDIRECT IS ENABLED
   if(tep_session_is_registered('wishlist_id')) {
?>  
     <tr>
       <td class="messageStackSuccess"><?php echo PRODUCT_ADDED_TO_WISHLIST; ?></td>
     </tr> 
<?php
     tep_session_unregister('wishlist_id');
   }
// EOF: Mod - Wishlist
?>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="main">
<?php
// BOF: Additional Images    ADDED to if statement:  && ADDIMAGES_GROUP_WITH_PARENT == 'false'
   if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_image']) && ADDIMAGES_GROUP_WITH_PARENT == 'false') {
?>
<!-- // BOF: Additional Images  -->
         <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" align="<?php echo ADDIMAGES_TABLE_ALIGNMENT; ?>"<?php if (ADDIMAGES_MENU_LOCATION == 'product_info') { echo ' width="'.($imagemenu->maximagewidth+$extra_window_width).'" height="'.($imagemenu->maximageheight+$extra_window_height).'"'; } ?> style="position: relative;">
<!-- // EOF: Additional Images  -->
           <tr>
             <td align="center" class="smallText">
<?php 
if (ADDIMAGES_MENU_LOCATION == 'product_info') { 

if (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_TABLE_LOCATION=='above' && ADDIMAGES_POPUP_SHOW_ON_POPUP=='true' && ($imagemenu->addimages_count > 1)) {
  echo '<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%"><tr><td valign="middle" align="center" class="pageHeading">' . TEXT_MENU_TITLE . '</td></tr><tr><td valign="middle" align="center">' . $imagemenu->altgroupoutput() . '</td></tr></table>';
}

echo '<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr>';
if (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_TABLE_LOCATION=='sides' && (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_TABLE_ALIGNMENT=='left' || ADDIMAGES_POPUP_TABLE_ALIGNMENT=='center') && ADDIMAGES_POPUP_SHOW_ON_POPUP=='true' && ($imagemenu->addimages_count > 1)) {
  echo '<td valign="middle" align="center" class="pageHeading">' . (TEXT_MENU_TITLE != ''?TEXT_MENU_TITLE . '<br>':'') . $imagemenu->groupoutput() . '</td>';
}

echo '<td valign="middle" align="center" width="' . $imagemenu->maximagewidth . '" height="' . $imagemenu->maximageheight . '">';
   if (!empty($_GET['imagesID'])) {
     echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES_PRODUCTS . (!empty($selected_image['popup_images'])?$selected_image['popup_images']:(!empty($selected_image['medium_images'])?$selected_image['medium_images']:(!empty($selected_image['thumb_images'])?$selected_image['thumb_images']:''))), $selected_image['images_description'], (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE=='true'?POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE=='true'?POPUP_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'id="mainimage"') . (!empty($selected_image['images_description'])?$selected_image['images_description']:'');
} elseif (!empty($_GET['pID'])) {
     echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES_PRODUCTS . (!empty($selected_image['products_image_pop'])?$selected_image['products_image_pop']:(!empty($selected_image['products_image_med'])?$selected_image['products_image_med']:(!empty($selected_image['products_image'])?$selected_image['products_image']:''))), $selected_image['products_image_description'], (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE=='true'?POPUP_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_RESTRICT_IMAGE_SIZE=='true'?POPUP_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'id="mainimage"') . (!empty($selected_image['products_image_description'])?$selected_image['products_image_description']:'');
}
echo '</td>';

if (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_TABLE_LOCATION=='sides' && ADDIMAGES_POPUP_TABLE_ALIGNMENT=='right' && ADDIMAGES_POPUP_SHOW_ON_POPUP=='true' && ($imagemenu->addimages_count > 1)) {
  echo '<td valign="middle" align="center" class="pageHeading">' . (TEXT_MENU_TITLE != ''?TEXT_MENU_TITLE . '<br>':'') . $imagemenu->groupoutput() . '</td>';
}
if (!empty($imagemenu->maximagewidth) && !empty($imagemenu->maximageheight)) { echo '<td>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '4', $imagemenu->maximageheight) . '</td>'; }
echo '</tr></table>';

if (ADDIMAGES_POPUP_TABLE_LOCATION=='below' && ADDIMAGES_POPUP_SHOW_ON_POPUP=='true' && ($imagemenu->addimages_count > 1)) {
  echo '<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%"><tr><td valign="middle" align="center" class="pageHeading">' . TEXT_MENU_TITLE . '</td></tr><tr><td valign="middle" align="center">' . $imagemenu->altgroupoutput() . '</td></tr></table>';
}

} else {
?><script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_ADD_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES_PRODUCTS . (!empty($product_info['products_image_med'])?$product_info['products_image_med']:(!empty($product_info['products_image_pop'])?$product_info['products_image_pop']:(!empty($product_info['products_image'])?$product_info['products_image']:''))), addslashes($product_info['products_name']), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . (!empty($product_info['products_image_description'])?$product_info['products_image_description']:TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES_PRODUCTS . (!empty($product_info['products_image_pop'])?$product_info['products_image_pop']:$product_info['products_image'])) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES_PRODUCTS . (!empty($product_info['products_image_med'])?$product_info['products_image_med']:(!empty($product_info['products_image_pop'])?$product_info['products_image_pop']:(!empty($product_info['products_image'])?$product_info['products_image']:''))), $product_info['products_name'], (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_WIDTH:''), (ADDIMAGES_RESTRICT_PARENT=='true'?DISPLAY_IMAGE_HEIGHT:''), 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . (!empty($product_info['products_image_description'])?$product_info['products_image_description']:TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE) . '</a>'; ?>
</noscript><?php
}
// EOF: Additional Images ?>
             </td>
           </tr>
         </table>
<?php
   }
if (ADDIMAGES_TABLE_LOCATION=='above' && ADDIMAGES_SHOW_ON_PRODUCT_INFO=='true' && ADDIMAGES_MENU_LOCATION == 'popup') {
  echo $additional_images->altgroupoutput();
} else if (ADDIMAGES_TABLE_LOCATION=='sides' && ADDIMAGES_SHOW_ON_PRODUCT_INFO=='true' && ADDIMAGES_MENU_LOCATION == 'popup') {
  echo $additional_images->groupoutput();
}
?>
         <p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></p>
<?php
   $products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $products_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query);
   if ($products_attributes['total'] > 0) {
//++++ QT Pro: Begin Changed code
     $products_id=(preg_match("/^\d{1,10}(\{\d{1,10}\}\d{1,10})*$/",$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] : (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']); 
     require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'pad_' . PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_PLUGIN . '.php');
     $class = 'pad_' . PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_PLUGIN;
     $pad = new $class($products_id);
     echo $pad->draw();
//++++ QT Pro: End Changed Code
   }
?>
       </td>
     </tr>
<?php // BOF: Additional Images
if (ADDIMAGES_TABLE_LOCATION=='below' && ADDIMAGES_SHOW_ON_PRODUCT_INFO=='true' && ADDIMAGES_MENU_LOCATION == 'popup') { ?>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo $additional_images->altgroupoutput(); ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php } 
// EOF: Additional Images ?>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
   $reviews_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");
   $reviews = tep_db_fetch_array($reviews_query);
   if ($reviews['count'] > 0) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td class="main"><?php // echo TEXT_CURRENT_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews['count']; ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
   }

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_url'])) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td class="main"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode($product_info['products_url']), 'NONSSL', true, false)); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
   }

if ($product_info['products_date_available'] > date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td align="center" class="smallText"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_available'])); ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php
   } else {
?>
     <tr>
       <td align="center" class="smallText"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
          <!-- <td class="main"><?php // echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>  -->
               <!-- Wish List 3.5 Start -->
               <td class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', 'Add to Wishlist', 'name="wishlist" value="wishlist"'); ?></td>
               <!-- Wish List 3.5 End   -->
               <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '50'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td>
<?php

//added for cross -sell
  if ( (USE_CACHE == 'true') && !SID) {
   echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
  } else {
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
     include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);
   }
 }
?>
       </td>
     </tr>
   </table></form>

Sorry, don't know BTS, perhaps you should raise this in the BTS thread.

Sam

Contributions:

• 3 weeks later...

A quick and easy hack to fully resolve this issue is:

Edit includes/configure.php

At the top, add:

$HTTP_SERVER_VARS = $_SERVER;
$HTTP_GET_VARS = $_GET;
$HTTP_POST_VARS = $_POST;

This essentially does the same thing as Register_Globals = On.

Chris

• 9 months later...

A quick and easy hack to fully resolve this issue is:

Edit includes/configure.php

At the top, add:

$HTTP_SERVER_VARS = $_SERVER;
$HTTP_GET_VARS = $_GET;
$HTTP_POST_VARS = $_POST;

This essentially does the same thing as Register_Globals = On.

Chris

I can confirm this worked great for me. I wish I had read this post first(something I forgot tonight but learned long ago is to often read troubleshooting thread backwards). All the changes/fixes previously were very specific and didn't fix everything. This fixed it all. Box variable issues, Error message in the admin section, non-functioning edits in the admin section, my nagging friend whose site I was fixing... All better now. Thanks!

Archived