• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC Image help PLEASE

taytay46

When adding products in oscommerce via Configuration / Categories / Products / Edit. Everything works fine except when I try to link the image. I browse to select my products image, gif or jpeg and then hit the preview button, all that comes up is a small RED dot with the product name in a white box.

At the top of Oscommerce logo in a pink bar are these two messages

Error: Destination does not exist.

Error: Catalog images directory does not exist: /home/users/web/b2345/sl.annefabricandmore/anneosc/images/

Any ideas or aid would be ever SO wonderful after spending 4 hours searching for help and watching three online videos on "OSC how to" and following VERY step.

Chris

:blink:

it sounds like the image folder is missing in Catalog

Here's the folders that I see under my file manager, and there appears to be a "images folder" and my site display images that I've uploaded. Yet nothing when dealing with my products. Yet I don't see a folder named "Catalog".

folder anneosc 777 8.0 K Mon Jan 19 19:06:33 2009

open folder admin 755 4.0 K Fri Jan 09 12:52:00 2009

open folder download 755 4.0 K Fri Jan 09 12:52:04 2009

open folder ext 755 4.0 K Fri Jan 09 12:52:04 2009

open folder images 777 16.0 K Mon Jan 19 19:15:57 2009

open folder includes 755 4.0 K Thu Jan 15 21:02:36 2009

open folder install_old 755 4.0 K Fri Jan 09 12:52:05 2009

open folder pub 755 4.0 K Fri Jan 09 12:52:07 2009

open folder cgi-bin 755 4.0 K Tue Dec 09 11:16:16 2008

open folder store 775 4.0 K Wed Sep 10 11:52:44 2008

open folder stats 777 4.0 K Mon Jan 19 16:21:17 2009

rename your install_old directory or delete after copying it to your pc.

Some images show, others don't. Perhaps it is a permission error on the files (if the files are really in the images directory).

Your image folder is missing or cannot be found or cannot be written to, so that you can upload images of products. Your configuration file for the image directory may be set wrong, did this just go tits up after installing the template, if so seek advice from who sold you the template.

just login via ftp and see if the image folder is there

Boy this forum is so cool. I just want to truly thank everyone for there help on this matter. After days of trying to fix this problem I have HOPE that with the help of fine folks on this forum that I can get this site up and running to help my dear mother (her store) in making ends meet.

Andy, I whet to the file manager section via FTP and yes there is and image folder where it should with the proper product images inside the image folder.

To the guy who said to delete the old_install folder, (sorry I can see your name as I write this) Are you saying that I should back-up the folder then delete it from my file manager?

Thanks again, I'm more of a designer than a programmer type and of course this is my first attempt at a oscommerce site. I hope y'all remember what it was like when y'all were newbies to osc.

please keep your wisdom coming.

Is there a way to attach a screen grab that I've made to show y'all what I see at my file manager section at the host server? When I try to attach the grab jpeg here it ask for a http:// link not a normal browse and upload box like most e-mail apps. I think this would help.

hi you dont have to delete the install folder just rename it or add a number on the end and are you using file manager in the admin part of the shop?

"

If you mean osc adim part of the control panel of startlogic.com (that my hosting site) YES. So I just renamed it to "install_old2". Now what?

Oh, dude I LOVE your user icon. Sweet.

hi send a like to your shops admin and details to login and your ftp will help just going to have my tea will be 10 mins

Roger That. Thanks Andy. Tea? I'm having a glass also. Where are you located? Me Atlanta, Georgia usa.

Here's the goods.

http://www.startlogic.com

login as annefabricandmore

password: anne4848

Then once in the control panel, you can either A) scroll the the bottom, "scripting and add-ons" to "install central" or go through FileManager. If you go the install central route then do as follows.

login button adim

OsCommerce , Administrator Login , username "admin" password, 1q2w3e4r

Your the best ANDY!

hi send a like to your shops admin and details to login and your ftp will help just going to have my tea will be 10 mins

Roger That. Thanks Andy. Tea? I'm having a glass also. Where are you located? Me Atlanta, Georgia usa.

Here's the goods.

http://www.startlogic.com

login as

password:

Then once in the control panel, you can either A) scroll the the bottom, "scripting and add-ons" to "install central" or go through FileManager. If you go the install central route then do as follows.

login button adim

OsCommerce , Administrator Login , username "

Your the best ANDY!