• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx Freight module defaults

chimol

Hi all,

I installed the FedEx freight and it works good, but when you look at the product page it has two fields one for hazardous and the other for a freeze protection and they are defaulted to "yes". I would like them to be defaulted to "no". Where do I change that in the code? Here's exactly what comes up.

Require a hazardous indicator? Yes

Require freezable protection? Yes

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

Come on, 49 views and nobody knows how to change the default?? I looked in the SQL table and changed a few things which didn't do anything (I changed them back). So, it has to be in one of the .php files, just which one and where at.

Steve

Steve

OK, I have looked at the module briefly. Looks like all you need to do is set `products_fxf_haz` and `products_fxf_freezable` to 0 for all rows in `products` table. And make sure that the default is 0 for those two columns to that it's No for all new products. I am not sure how you ran fxfreight.sql, because it does set it up correctly.

Not sure why you have been "working" on this problem for so many days as it only took a 5 minute look at the source files...

OK, I have looked at the module briefly. Looks like all you need to do is set `products_fxf_haz` and `products_fxf_freezable` to 0 for all rows in `products` table. And make sure that the default is 0 for those two columns to that it's No for all new products. I am not sure how you ran fxfreight.sql, because it does set it up correctly.

Not sure why you have been "working" on this problem for so many days as it only took a 5 minute look at the source files...

I've been on and off with it because of lack of responses helping out I was starting to get frustrated. I'll look at the sql

tables and set it up as you said. I ran the .sql file the way it is said to run it in the install. I did get an error once it

ran the file and I'm thinking this was part of the error, but when I saw the the tables where created, I wasn't sure

what the error was since everything seems to work, other then those fields being set to "yes".

Thank you for looking at this and offering some solution

I just looked at my table and here's what it looks like, seems like it should be defaulting to "no", but maybe I'm reading this wrong.

products_fxf_haz tinyint(4) No 0

products_fxf_freezable tinyint(4) No 0

Does that look correct?

Edited by chimol

Steve

It should be '0' by default. '0' corresponds to 'No', '1' corresponds to 'Yes'.

You could run "update products set products_fxf_haz=0, products_fxf_freezable=0" to set all existing products to 'No'. If this doesn't help, maybe there is a problem in the code and I can check again. But it really seems that this is just a database problem.

• 2 weeks later...
It should be '0' by default. '0' corresponds to 'No', '1' corresponds to 'Yes'.

You could run "update products set products_fxf_haz=0, products_fxf_freezable=0" to set all existing products to 'No'. If this doesn't help, maybe there is a problem in the code and I can check again. But it really seems that this is just a database problem.

Yea, my tables seem to be setup correctly then. I just don't understand why it keeps putting Yes in those spots. Also, if I click both to No and save everything when I go back to edit, they are yes again...weird! Anybody have any ideas?? Maybe it's in a php file for the contrib or something.

Steve