• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking for SIMPLE contribution to add one more Product Picture

I've been at this for days now.... not the add a pic part, but just cleaning up my site and getting ready to stock the shelves. I now need to be able to add one more picture to my product pages. I don't want to have to install a contribution that offers all shapes and sizes and as endless amounts of pictures, I just need one more that works the same as the one that shows with Stock OSC. I sell books and I want to show the cover pic and a pic of the blurb on the back for the storyline.

Is there a EASY, SIMPLE contribution to do just this?

I just spent days getting the Make An Offer installed, removed and installed again 3 TIMES as well as several other contributions and edits... broke the store a few times but was able to fix it... now I just want simple. If there isn't a simple, I can always edit the two pics together into one, but they just don't look very nice that way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Lalla

Edited by Jan Zonjee

The simplest is probably More Pics 1.4.3. Make sure you get that version and not the new one. It does allow for up to six additional images, but will do one quite easily. It's fairly simple to install and use.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The simplest is probably More Pics 1.4.3. Make sure you get that version and not the new one. It does allow for up to six additional images, but will do one quite easily. It's fairly simple to install and use.

Regards

Jim

Thanks so much! I will definately check into it and see if I think my brain can handle it :blush:

Thanks again!

PLEASE HELP!

I swear this is the LAST contribution I am going to attempt because I can not afford to spend any more time breaking and repairing this site <_< .

I just finished installing the 1.4.3. I thought it all went well, but not I have not only NO pictures on the product page, but no product info as well !!!

What did I do???? and how can I fix it????? :huh:

It does show the option 6 image places thru admin and it lets me upload them and everything, it even shows the pic on the list of products page, just not in the listing or the listing info itself.

Please help!

Thanks

Lalla

Edited by Jan Zonjee

I can't tell exactly where the problem is, but it has to be in the edits to catalog/product_info.php. There is a change to the query (Lines 72-74 in the distribution version) that is the most likely. There is also the change at Lines 167-168 that could cause this. Pretty much everything else is additions rather than changes.

Regards

Jim

Thanks so much for that, but it still didn't work. Still not showing product info or pictures.

Also, is there a way to copy the code from here and get it in the right format? I just spent all this time since you posted it trying to get the text formated back. Had line errors but I knew what the problem was when I looked at it in HTML-Kit.

Unfortunately it appears that the codebox strips out all of the indentation. It does make the code hard to read. I don't know of any easy method of fixing that.

Taking another look at the code, I found a couple more mistakes. Find this code:

<?php // EOF: More Pics 6 ?>
</noscript>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

and change it to this:

</noscript>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<?php } // EOF: More Pics 6 ?>

Now find this

// BOF: More Pics 6
if (MOPICS_TABLE_LOCATION=='above' && !empty($mopics_output)) {
echo ' <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td align="center" class="smallText">'.$mopics_output.'</td>
</tr>
</table>
 <br>'."\n";
} else if (MOPICS_TABLE_LOCATION=='sides' && !empty($mopics_output)) {
echo $mopics_output;
}
// EOF: More Pics 6

and change it to this:

<?php
<tr>
</tr>
</table>
 <br>'."\n";
echo $mopics_output;
}
?>

Now find this and delete it:

<?php } // Balancing the parens... ?>

Regards

Jim

Unfortunately it appears that the codebox strips out all of the indentation. It does make the code hard to read. I don't know of any easy method of fixing that.

Taking another look at the code, I found a couple more mistakes. Find this code:

<?php // EOF: More Pics 6 ?>
</noscript>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

and change it to this:

</noscript>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<?php } // EOF: More Pics 6 ?>

Now find this

<tr>
</tr>
</table>
 <br>'."\n";
echo $mopics_output;
}

and change it to this:

<?php
<tr>
</tr>
</table>
 <br>'."\n";
echo $mopics_output;
}
?>

Now find this and delete it:

<?php } // Balancing the parens... ?>

Regards

Jim

The middle edit is causing a error in line 285

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/jnothing/public_html/product_info.php on line 285

the line only contains :

<?php

Thanks for your help with this. I have just read and re-read over the thread for the Contribution and I think I understood it to say that you can't use it with Simple Template System (sts), which is installed on my site from years ago. I have since backed everything out and will have to live with the single picture for now.

Thanks again!

Lalla

Edited by Jan Zonjee