• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change Let's see what we have here to Category Name

whitewolfspirits

I did an OsCommerce shop one time and I was able to change the "Let's see what we have here" to the name of the category. I have spent the last couple hours trying to find the post that told me how to do it without any luck. Can someone please re-enlighten me? Thank you!

White Wolf Spirits

I did an OsCommerce shop one time and I was able to change the "Let's see what we have here" to the name of the category. I have spent the last couple hours trying to find the post that told me how to do it without any luck. Can someone please re-enlighten me? Thank you!

click me

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

MY INDEX.PHP IS DIFFERENT' IN THE FIRST CODE TO CHANGE THIS IS WHAT I HAVE

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

THIS WHAT GERM SAID TO FIND, SHOULD I CHANGE THIS ANYWAY?

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
?>
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<tr>
<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo tep_get_category_name($current_category_id); ?></td>

CHANGE TO THIS

<?php
?>
<tr>
	<tr>
	  <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo $category['categories_name']; ?></td>

Do it burt's way: click me

It's easier and just a better way to do it.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I'm using v2.2 RC2. I also want to have the product category name replace the standard "Let's see..." text on pages like this. I have main categories and subcategories listed on my site. In catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php I tried changing:

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Let\'s See What We Have Here');

To this:

define('HEADING_TITLE', ucwords(strtolower($categories['categories_name'])));

I also tried this method. Either way the heading text is erased (just goes blank, and without errors). If I merely change the text from "Let's see..." to something else (like it is currently) it is fine. My site's major contributions incude Ultimate SEO URLs (v2.1d UPDATED-23-NOV-2008) and (Header Tags SEO v3.1.0). Could they affect this issue?

The main category heading displays fine, as does the sub-category. It is only on the next level where I'd like to see the category name listed. Any thoughts on how to achieve this?

Ideally, I would like for it to grab the name from the category (which feeds the page title & meta tags title) and do some SEO at the same time, maybe by using code like this <h2><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h2> in place of the "Let's see...", but I just do not know how to write it. Besides I need for it to work first using either of the above mentioned methods before fooling around with this.

Archived