• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

show product information on transaction detail page

l3reacher

Hi, I've been searching everywhere on this forum and have been googling up for a while for an answer but was unable to find it.

How can I have PayPal show the product information on the Transaction Details page, because I do not know exactly what the customers purchased at the moment, unless I go back to the admin page. Currently, the Transaction Detail page only shows the total amount of the purchases, but no product information. It is time consuming for me to go to the admin page to look up for the details. It will save time for me if i can know what the customers purchased from the transaction detail page. Can anyone help me if there is a mod that can solve this issue? Thanks alot!

• 3 weeks later...

+1

I need to break the total and guess which items have been ordered. Very often, OsCommerece doesnt store ordder info but payment goes through. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Hi, I've been searching everywhere on this forum and have been googling up for a while for an answer but was unable to find it.

How can I have PayPal show the product information on the Transaction Details page, because I do not know exactly what the customers purchased at the moment, unless I go back to the admin page. Currently, the Transaction Detail page only shows the total amount of the purchases, but no product information. It is time consuming for me to go to the admin page to look up for the details. It will save time for me if i can know what the customers purchased from the transaction detail page. Can anyone help me if there is a mod that can solve this issue? Thanks alot!

I believe we are having the same problem. See my post for help here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=327099

Like you I have not had any response to my post. I posted on the Paypal site for help but they said it was not the way the shopping cart was supposed to work, and that I should seek help here.

I cannot believe that others have their carts set up this way. If someone could please help us to understand what we are doing wrong.

If you find a solution, please post it here so myself and others can correct out sites.

I believe we are having the same problem. See my post for help here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=327099

Like you I have not had any response to my post. I posted on the Paypal site for help but they said it was not the way the shopping cart was supposed to work, and that I should seek help here.

I cannot believe that others have their carts set up this way. If someone could please help us to understand what we are doing wrong.

If you find a solution, please post it here so myself and others can correct out sites.

If your IPN was set correctly when the customers finish with the Paypal site they click a button to return to ../../checkout_success.php. This will generate an email to you outlining what the order is as well as the paypal email.

If your IPN was set correctly when the customers finish with the Paypal site they click a button to return to ../../checkout_success.php. This will generate an email to you outlining what the order is as well as the paypal email.

That's all well and good, but I would think that the customer would like to be sure of what he is purchasing before he makes the payment.

The cart should pass the product details to paypal.

That's all well and good, but I would think that the customer would like to be sure of what he is purchasing before he makes the payment.

The cart should pass the product details to paypal.

I don't see why it should. You customer selects the products in your cart. At the moment they select method of payment they see what they have ordered and a total to pay. They then select the payment and pay that amount.

They then receive an email outlining their payment and order.

Why do they need to see it in paypal as well?