• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate - Products_id & Products_model

mentmentment

I currently have about 100 products that are currently "linked" to about 80 categories. Rather than indexing only 180 pages on the search engines I would like all 800 pages to be indexed individually. I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get Easy Populate to fill them in individually. I'm currently using version 2.76G. Does anyone know if the newer versions will allow you to update the products_id or there is a way changing the code to do so. I understand that this version uses "products_model" as the main column. In my application, the same part will work in 20 different widgets. Is there a way I can keep the same "products_model" but change the "products_id". I've tried simply adding the "v_products_id" but it didn't work. Any thoughts, clues or suggestions?

Thanks in advance you guys,

Paul

Edited by mentmentment

The newer version 3.00+ are the same as 2.76g but with better install instructions, so if you have tried it with your version and it does not work, the neewer ones unfortunately won't make any difference.

Hope this helps.

I currently have about 100 products that are currently "linked" to about 80 categories. Rather than indexing only 180 pages on the search engines I would like all 800 pages to be indexed individually. I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get Easy Populate to fill them in individually. I'm currently using version 2.76G. Does anyone know if the newer versions will allow you to update the products_id or there is a way changing the code to do so. I understand that this version uses "products_model" as the main column. In my application, the same part will work in 20 different widgets. Is there a way I can keep the same "products_model" but change the "products_id". I've tried simply adding the "v_products_id" but it didn't work. Any thoughts, clues or suggestions?

Thanks in advance you guys,

Paul