• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PP - Security Header is not Valid

I asked a question in the last posting on this topic. I enabled both and answered my own question. This did not work. I am still getting the error that says Security Header is not Valid when I try to process a payment. I have a ssl cert and it has been in place for almost a year. I have no clue how to fix this. I would appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks!

Chelle

ok, after reading in this forum, paypal developers forum, and other oddball forums in which I googled for help, with no successful direct answers, I have come up with this possibility and I have no clue as to what I'm doing here. I downloaded the zip from paypal to my desktop, forgetting that everything was already in admin, just needed to be installed and enabled, so I did not copy or ftp anything over to the shop. I redid everything several times where you install and enter config/settings, re-entered information for the api, put them live, put them sandbox....still, Im getting the error that my security header isn't valid. The ONLY thing that I can come up with from reading the install file that was contained in the zip is running two small SQL scripts, ie. paypal_wpp.sql and pwa.sql. I will admit freely that I am totally lost. Shouldn't this have been done with installing and configuring from admin? If not, how the heck do I do this or find out if it is already there? Im losing sales because I can only accept payments when ppl have a paypal account. I really need to be able to accept direct payments with credit/debit cards, etc.

Should I remove the API info through paypal, get another signature and try it again? That is the only thing I've not tried yet, well, besides the sql scripts.

I am so frustrated at this point.

Many thanks,

Chelle

I was attempting to use paypal website payments pro. After a day or two of much frustration, the reason for this error is that even though the module is there in oscommerce and you can install it and you can get all of your API info, install, do your settings, config and all, you still have to apply for the pro account with paypal FIRST. After you apply and are approved and you sign a billing contract for the $30.00 a month fee, only then will the mod work. I thought it was too easy to just install it and go about my merry way...LOL

I should have posted my findings earlier so that others may benefit from my fumble, as no one else has before.

Thanks!

Chelle

• 2 weeks later...
I was attempting to use paypal website payments pro. After a day or two of much frustration, the reason for this error is that even though the module is there in oscommerce and you can install it and you can get all of your API info, install, do your settings, config and all, you still have to apply for the pro account with paypal FIRST. After you apply and are approved and you sign a billing contract for the $30.00 a month fee, only then will the mod work. I thought it was too easy to just install it and go about my merry way...LOL

I should have posted my findings earlier so that others may benefit from my fumble, as no one else has before.

Thanks!

Chelle

I am using Paypal express checkout which does not need any monthly fee so why am I getting the "security header not valid" when I try to use the express checkout button?

I am using Paypal express checkout which does not need any monthly fee so why am I getting the "security header not valid" when I try to use the express checkout button?

Hmm, Im not sure, but if I read it all correctly, you have to use WPP and Express together. That was my understanding anyways. Both have to be enabled. I may be wrong, however. I would call PayPal and ask. Sorry Im not much help here.

Chelle