• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Deal of the Day

grgr

I am in the process in making a Deal of the Day page and I'm almost there.

I have to say that my PHP progamming knowledge is, well, no existant.

My Deal of the Day I have based on the Specials module and is mostly a copy of it.

I have only a few little problems to solve, the follwing one is the one I have hit a wall with.

I have added a bit of code to the catalog/product_info page to try and display the normal price or the special price of the DotD price.

This is where I am after a few hours trying different things (the DotD Works but the Specials price does not).

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
 }else {
  $products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
  }
  if ($dotd_price = tep_get_products_dotd_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
 $products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($dotd_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
  } else {

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
  }

Like I say, the above half works in that it currently displays a DotD price but not a Specials price.

I'm sure it is probably very easy but I have just hit a wall.

Any help greatfuly recieved!

Done.

I knew it was going to be simple!

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
  $products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
 }else {
  if ($dotd_price = tep_get_products_dotd_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
 $products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($dotd_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
} else {
  }
  }

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Do you have a URL for a demo, interested in taking a look at what you did.

Thanks,

Matt

Sorry, didn't see your question earlier.

You can see it at puppycages.co.uk - It is an adult toys site, be warned, and the dotd isn't always running.

Essentially, all that has been done (from memory) is exactly duplicate everything to do with the specials: boxes, functions, DB tables, queries, admin etc. the only real exception is a dotd landing page which is just a simple php page with the product picture and then this links to the product info page.

• 2 months later...

Here's how I made my judaica deal a day site with oscommerce... check it out http://www.judaicabargains.com

I used the happy hour contribution ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3568 ) with few modification that I would be happy to share with others who need such thing.

Edited by netgroupone

• 2 months later...

I think the best deals on www.justek.com.au, as it's also counting down time.

Edited by web-project

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's how I made my judaica deal a day site with oscommerce... check it out http://www.judaicabargains.com

I used the happy hour contribution ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3568 ) with few modification that I would be happy to share with others who need such thing.

I am totally interested in your contribution. I use the Happy Hours contribution, but have no interest in the TIME - only the DAY since I run a daily deal site. I am looking for a slimmed down version of the Happy Hours contribution that only applies to Daily Deals, not hourly.

Please share with us your contribution, I'd love to see what you've done :)

• 1 month later...

I am totally interested in your contribution. I use the Happy Hours contribution, but have no interest in the TIME - only the DAY since I run a daily deal site. I am looking for a slimmed down version of the Happy Hours contribution that only applies to Daily Deals, not hourly.

Please share with us your contribution, I'd love to see what you've done :)

Does anyone have this updated version of this contribution.

• 3 years later...