• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

resize image on uploading

tudoroiuj

hi

I have a problem with images. I have images that pass 4 MB and they are so big (like size in Mb and size on screen). I want to resize the image when I upload it.

I tried the add on resize image from contribution section.. but it doesn't work... it doesn't keep the proportionas of the picture.. and if the picture pass 2Mb it doesn't upload it any more...

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

Edited by tudoroiuj

are the pictures big because they are not in jpg or because they are really big in width/height?

if its because they aren't in jpg its quite easy to process a whole folder of images in photoshop with 1 click... google for "photoshop batch processing" for more info

Designrfix.com | Graphic Design Inspiration & Web Design Resources - @designrfix

You need to process them trough photoshop first (80% or 90% quality)... seriously those file sizes are humongous for jpg's. maybe your scanner just renames the files as jpg's but doesn't actually do anything with them.

Unless you're on a dedicated server and you can change your php.ini setting (max_execution_time or max_input_time and upload_max_filesize) no script will help you since you're trying to upload a 4MB file and the webserver is giving you the middle finger ;)

Designrfix.com | Graphic Design Inspiration & Web Design Resources - @designrfix

They are in jpg format... I scan the pictures and then i upload them...

1. Scan all your photos

2. Install Photoshop or some other photo editing software

3. Batch edit your photo folder to make the pictures smaller (Scale) (if you don't know how to do this - read Help)

4. Upload to your server.