• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Specials products carousel

coconimo

This add-on allows you to display a new module for specials products with a jquery carousel animation.

you can change the settings of the animation in your administration's backoffice:

-> animation speed/numbers of products for display & scroll/and more ...

-> add 'bound animation' (you can activate/desactivate this effect in your backoffice)

-> add 'imagebox' effect for yours pictures.

-> add automatic calculation (percentage) above the picture.

-> total control with externals css files

-> Compatibility with only these browsers :

Internet Explorer 6/7/8béta(PC) - FireFox 1.5/2/3 (PC/Mac/Linux) - Opera 9.01 (PC/Mac) - Safari 2/3 (Mac)

Safari 3.1.0 (PC) - Konqueror 3.4.0 (Linux) - Google Chrome béta (PC)

-> screenshot for module :

capture1ea8.jpg

-> module with imagebox :

capture2jo0.jpg

-> administration :

capture3qc9.jpg

installation : 5mn.

demo live : http://ouistiti.ke0.eu/catalog/

support FR: http://www.oscommerce-fr.info/forum/index....showtopic=59278

appreciations & comments welcome.

Coconimo, moderator on forum www.oscommerce-fr.info

nb: sorry for my poor english, php is easier than this language ! ;)

I have one question, and I hope you can help me.

Is it possible to change the "work" of this contri. Now when you click on the pic it open a lightbox pic.

But I only want that there is a link to the product. FX. you click on the product and now you are linked to the product so that you can read andf buy it.

just change this line in catalog/includes/modules/specials_products_carousel.php :

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $specials['products_image']) . '" rel="imagebox"  title="' . $specials['products_name']  . FOR_ONLY . $currencies->display_price($specials['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($specials['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' !' . '" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $specials['products_image'], CLICK_ON . $specials['products_name'] . FOR_ZOOM, SPC_IMAGE_WIDTH, SPC_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';?>

with :

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $specials['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $specials['products_image'], $specials['products_name'], SMALL_NPG_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_NPG_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';?>

Thanks for your help in the French support forum. I've tried enclosing the include on the index page in a table, but I still have a problem with page width. No matter where I put the table, it causes the page to become enormously wide and needing a scroll bar at the bottom. Most of the page content disappears off to the right!! The problem only appears in Internet Explorer (I'm using IE7), but doesn't appear in FireFox.

The code I'm using to include the carousel on the index page is:-

<table align="center" border="0" width=100%>

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_SPECIALS_PRODUCTS_CAROUSEL); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

I've uploaded an example of the problem to:-

http://www.tooltrolley.co.uk/problem.php

An identical page, but without the carousel is at:-

http://www.tooltrolley.co.uk/index.php

This such an attractive contribution, I'd love to include it on my site - any help you can give will be truly appreciated!!

How do I execute the sql file???????

1. - Open the sql file in notepad.

2. - Copy the entire contents to the clipboard.

3. - Select your store's database from phpMyadmin (you'll find a link to this in cpanel).

4. - Click on the SQL tab.

5. - Paste the contents of the clipboard into the large SQL box.

6. - Click 'Go'

7. - The sql file will make all necessary additions to your store's database, including installing the admin panel control (this appears in the 'configuration' section of the admin panel menu.

That's it - sql file exectuted!

Thanks for your help in the French support forum. I've tried enclosing the include on the index page in a table, but I still have a problem with page width. No matter where I put the table, it causes the page to become enormously wide and needing a scroll bar at the bottom. Most of the page content disappears off to the right!! The problem only appears in Internet Explorer (I'm using IE7), but doesn't appear in FireFox.

The code I'm using to include the carousel on the index page is:-

<table align="center" border="0" width=100%>

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_SPECIALS_PRODUCTS_CAROUSEL); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

I've uploaded an example of the problem to:-

http://www.tooltrolley.co.uk/problem.php

An identical page, but without the carousel is at:-

http://www.tooltrolley.co.uk/index.php

This such an attractive contribution, I'd love to include it on my site - any help you can give will be truly appreciated!!

The excessive width problem seems to be linked to the number of specials the site has on offer. It is as if the screen width is being prepared to accommodate the display of all specials even though only 3 are displayed in the carousel. Is there a restriction on the total number of specials the site can have listed for this contribution to work (my site has lots!!)

hi,

@NeilColeclough

I visited your site.

with or without my add-on, firefox is in quirks mode !

read this first : http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/quirks-mode.html

The excessive width problem is due to a code of standards that fail to comply.

example of error found on your site :

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" >

<link rel="icon" href="animated_favicon1.gif" type="image/gif" >

declared after the </ head>

so, you have to correct all your mistakes before you install the module. this plugin for firefox is very useful -> http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/

@aking02

How do I execute the sql file??????? :

-> http://drupal.org/node/81995

hi,

@NeilColeclough

I visited your site.

with or without my add-on, firefox is in quirks mode !

read this first : http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/quirks-mode.html

The excessive width problem is due to a code of standards that fail to comply.

example of error found on your site :

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" >

<link rel="icon" href="animated_favicon1.gif" type="image/gif" >

declared after the </ head>

so, you have to correct all your mistakes before you install the module. this plugin for firefox is very useful -> http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/

@aking02

How do I execute the sql file??????? :

-> http://drupal.org/node/81995

I must admit I know nothing of "quirks mode" do thanks for the pointer. I took a look at the link you provided above and understand that quirks mode kicks in when the doctype is missing. I've checked my index page and it appears to be the very first line in the file. Could you offer any further help in where I should be looking for the errors on the site please...?

First off, Thanks to the both of you for helping me with phpmyadmin!

Simple question since I am a perfectionist.

For the stylesheet.css

The instructions says to add the 3 lines to import the 3 new .css files.

Can I place these 3 lines:

@import url(skin.css);

@import url(jcarousel.css);

@import url(imagebox.css);

Before:

/*

$Id: stylesheet.css,v 1.56 2003/06/30 20:04:02 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

.boxText { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; }

.errorBox { font-family : Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size : 10px; background: #ffb3b5; font-weight: bold; }

.stockWarning { font-family : Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size : 10px; color: #cc0033; }

.productsNotifications { background: #f2fff7; }

.orderEdit { font-family : Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size : 10px; color: #70d250; text-decoration: underline; }

BODY {

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

A {

color: #000000;

text-decoration: none;

------------------

If not at the very beginning, where should it go??? B/c it doesnt make sense to me that it would be the first command.

I placed the 3 lines just after the following:

/*

$Id: stylesheet.css,v 1.56 2003/06/30 20:04:02 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

----------------------------------------

I continued with the installation, I now have the options displays in my admin page.

However, I cannot seem to get the carousel displayed on my homepage.

What to do from here? I have reached a dead end LOL

Hi i have a question

is possible to move the image position in lightbox?

when i click the product picture the lightbox popup and images will show on very top which needs to scroll up to see it~

really appreciate if anyone can help me out

@Yutaka

I noticed this problem with Safari.

a possible hack :

change in catalog/includes/modules/new_products_glide.php this line :

<div class="image"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image']) . '" rel="imagebox" title="' . $new_products['products_name']  . ' for only ' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' !' . '" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], CLICK_ON . $new_products['products_name'] . FOR_ZOOM, SMALL_NPG_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_NPG_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';?></div>

with :

<div class="image"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image']) . '" rel="imagebox" title="' . $new_products['products_name']  . ' for only ' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' !' . '" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], CLICK_ON . $new_products['products_name'] . FOR_ZOOM, SMALL_NPG_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_NPG_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'onClick="window.scroll(0, 0);"') . '</a>';?></div>

i just added this parameter : onClick="window.scroll(0, 0); ? ... for want of better...

@Yutaka

a possible hack :

<div class="image"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image']) . '" rel="imagebox" title="' . $new_products['products_name']  . ' for only ' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' !' . '" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], CLICK_ON . $new_products['products_name'] . FOR_ZOOM, SMALL_NPG_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_NPG_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';?></div>

with :

<div class="image"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image']) . '" rel="imagebox" title="' . $new_products['products_name']  . ' for only ' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' !' . '" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], CLICK_ON . $new_products['products_name'] . FOR_ZOOM, SMALL_NPG_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_NPG_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'onClick="window.scroll(0, 0);"') . '</a>';?></div>

i just added this parameter : onClick="window.scroll(0, 0); ? ... for want of better...

thanks for reply

i still having problem

couldnt find the file new_products_glide.php in my catalog/includes/modules/

only new_products.php

and i tried to find the code you mention but still cant find

maybe it's version different??

i am using 2.2ms2

Edited by Yutaka

I ve installed Specials Products Carusel on my test site and it worked fine. But, later i added the Xsell 2_5_3 contribution and Carousel stopped in the catalog side. Its working in my administration but i get the following error on my store :

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_SPECIALS_PRODUCTS_CAROUSEL) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shops/public_html/new/index.php on line 324

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_SPECIALS_PRODUCTS_CAROUSEL' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/shops/public_html/new/index.php on line 324

The 324 line on index.php is like this :

<table align="center" border="0">

<tr>

</tr>

The special products carousel is also in its place, at thw includes/modules folder.

Any ideas ?

hi

thanks for Specials products carousel its beautiful

in index.php change

<tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>
	  </tr>

wiht

<tr>
		<td class="main"><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_SPECIALS_PRODUCTS_CAROUSEL); ?></td>
	  </tr>

and appear good

their some problem i put 5 product in specials but appear in Specials products carousel 3 only

when i edit Configuration /Special products carousel/Display animation bounce effects &Scroll &Visible &Wrap

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_mod_select_option() in \xxx\xxx\xxxx\admin\configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

• 1 month later...
@Yutaka

a possible hack :

with :

thanks figured out that part however i have flash at the place where image picture pop up ......for some reason the flash is on top of lightbox so cant see the image .

any solution to this?

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I've installed this very cool contribution on my site at www.tooltrolley.co.uk and it looks great. However, I have noticed that if an image is clicked on, the lightbox effect displays perfectly, but the carousel continues to slide. This means that by the time you have looked at the enlarged picture in the lightbox, the product has scrolled out of view, so that you can't click on it to view full details. Is it possible to pause the carousel until the lightbox is closed, alternatively, could a "view full details" button be included in the lightbox?

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I just installed this mod, and I think it will look great, however, I can't get "Anything" to display!

I've installed and modified all files as per instructions, and installed the sql.... All went well, and I get No errors, but no mater what I do, I have no carousel... :(

Any ideas Anyone??

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I cannot upload the sql file. I get everytime this error:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible )

VALUES (

'43'
'Special products carousel'
'Setting for special products carousel'
'43'
'0'

);

MySQL said: b_help.png

#1062 - Duplicate entry '43' for key 'PRIMARY'

can anyone help me how to bypass this?