Latest News: (loading..)
Jack_mcs

Sitemap SEO

I have the files and instructions changed but there are a few code changes I wanted to make first. I'll upload a new version this week, without those additional changes if I can't finish them in time.

A new version has been uploaded. The changes are only for the Bootstrap version and maybe some later versions of 2.3.4.  If your shop is a different version, there's no need to bother with this update. Here are the changes made:

• Added a clear command on the sitemap page to keep continue button in place - found by member 14steve14.
  • Added index modules (BS and some later 2.3.4 versions only).
  • Added hook for the product page  (BS and some later 2.3.4 versions only).
  • Fixed some security issues.
  • Removed the install instructions that referenced database tables and filenames for the BS version - found by member valquiria23.

Please be sure to read the install file since the procedure has changed.

Dear Jack @Jack_mcs

Just try the new version and I had some problems:

The first problem occurred after the installation I had the following error:

1146 - Table 'oscnt235.sitemap_seo_settings' doesn't exist

select * from sitemap_seo_settings where language_id = '2' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

which I solved by executing:

http:// YOUR DOMAIN NAME /sitemap_seo_install.php?reset

The second problem is that the sitemap page do not  Display the Manufacturers or other information only the categories (without its title) .

Any idea what can it be?

Best regards

Valqui

Per the instructions - "Change the settings in admin->Sitemap SEO->Settings Control." If you don't enter a heading for a section, that section won't display.

I'm glad it worked for you. :)

@Jack_mcs

hi Jack,

I tried to install this addon and am not able to get the database tables set up. I've installed and uninstalled via sitemap_seo_install.php and sitemap_seo_uninstall.php with no luck.

I initially replaced all the deprecated <font> tags from the install file with <span> tags and thought that I may have made an error, so I uninstalled and installed the original file from your package (the one with the <font> tags). That did not work either. I looked at my database and there are no sitemap tables installed. Could you take a look at that install file and see if anything sticks out?

sitemap_seo_install.php

When you run the install file, add the reset parameter if it is already installed, like this: http://....com/sitemap_seo_install.php?reset Though that should only be needed if the database changes have already been made. If you use the uninstall script then you don't need to do that. I have used both of those files recently when installing the addon so they do work.

yeah, there is nothing in my error log either. I personally prefer the manual SQL installs rather than running an auto-install script, but I understand the need for it. I'll try and see if I can add these SQL commands manually.

Jack, do you have a notepad version of this SQL install?

Edited by Demitry

The older versions of the addon have sql files. I don't recall when I switched but you can go through them to see. If there are any additional database changes made after the switch, they will be documented in the upgrade files.

Jack,

I went back to version 1.7 ..according to the history log v1.8 is when you took out the sql file.

I'm not great with sql and that version was dated back to 12/23/2009. Since that time MySQL has changed and osC now requires utf8 encoding compliance. Could you take a look and see if it is compatible with the latest version of osC and MySQL?

I've attached that sql file from the v1.7 release. I just want to make sure it's all correct and not missing anything before installing it. Thanks.

sitemap_seo.sql