• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

I have the files and instructions changed but there are a few code changes I wanted to make first. I'll upload a new version this week, without those additional changes if I can't finish them in time.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. The changes are only for the Bootstrap version and maybe some later versions of 2.3.4.  If your shop is a different version, there's no need to bother with this update. Here are the changes made:

• Added a clear command on the sitemap page to keep continue button in place - found by member 14steve14.
  • Added index modules (BS and some later 2.3.4 versions only).
  • Added hook for the product page  (BS and some later 2.3.4 versions only).
  • Fixed some security issues.
  • Removed the install instructions that referenced database tables and filenames for the BS version - found by member valquiria23.

Please be sure to read the install file since the procedure has changed.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack @Jack_mcs

Just try the new version and I had some problems:

The first problem occurred after the installation I had the following error:

1146 - Table 'oscnt235.sitemap_seo_settings' doesn't exist

select * from sitemap_seo_settings where language_id = '2' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

which I solved by executing:

http:// YOUR DOMAIN NAME /sitemap_seo_install.php?reset

The second problem is that the sitemap page do not  Display the Manufacturers or other information only the categories (without its title) .

Any idea what can it be?

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Per the instructions - "Change the settings in admin->Sitemap SEO->Settings Control." If you don't enter a heading for a section, that section won't display.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs

hi Jack,

I tried to install this addon and am not able to get the database tables set up. I've installed and uninstalled via sitemap_seo_install.php and sitemap_seo_uninstall.php with no luck.

I initially replaced all the deprecated <font> tags from the install file with <span> tags and thought that I may have made an error, so I uninstalled and installed the original file from your package (the one with the <font> tags). That did not work either. I looked at my database and there are no sitemap tables installed. Could you take a look at that install file and see if anything sticks out?

sitemap_seo_install.php

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&amp;geo=US&amp;q=oscommerce

When you run the install file, add the reset parameter if it is already installed, like this: http://....com/sitemap_seo_install.php?reset Though that should only be needed if the database changes have already been made. If you use the uninstall script then you don't need to do that. I have used both of those files recently when installing the addon so they do work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

yeah, there is nothing in my error log either. I personally prefer the manual SQL installs rather than running an auto-install script, but I understand the need for it. I'll try and see if I can add these SQL commands manually.

Jack, do you have a notepad version of this SQL install?

Edited by Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

The older versions of the addon have sql files. I don't recall when I switched but you can go through them to see. If there are any additional database changes made after the switch, they will be documented in the upgrade files.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I went back to version 1.7 ..according to the history log v1.8 is when you took out the sql file.

I'm not great with sql and that version was dated back to 12/23/2009. Since that time MySQL has changed and osC now requires utf8 encoding compliance. Could you take a look and see if it is compatible with the latest version of osC and MySQL?

I've attached that sql file from the v1.7 release. I just want to make sure it's all correct and not missing anything before installing it. Thanks.

sitemap_seo.sql

It is OK to run. It adds a few settings that were later removed but I don't think those will cause any issues. They were removed so they could be handled in the settings section for multi-language shops. If your shop has more than one language, then you may want to remove them too (should be in the update docs). Otherwise it doesn't matter. Also,

If the sitemap tables already exist, that script will remove them and add them back in. But it won't remove the configuration settings so you could end up with two of the same settings if they already exist.

The commands to add to the configuration tables assumes a group ID of 545. If that group, in the configuration_group table, already exists the scrip will not work correctly so you should change that number, if necessary.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs

Jack, that may have been the issue with the auto install. I checked and the Featured Products addon has that 545 group ID. So, should I just change all the 545 to NULL?

Update: my mistake that was configuration_id

Edited by Demitry

The install file uses code to get the next ID from the database so it shouldn't clash with what you have. Although, I haven't tested it with php 7 so maybe that has something to do with it.

As for the manual install, the first command will create an entry in the configuration_group table. That is required. Whatever ID is used there need to be changed for the rest of the options. So if 545 is already in but 546 isn't, then just do a search and replace in the MySQL file and replace all instances of '545' with '546' (apostrophes required).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

To adapt this addon for the responsive BS version so that the left and right columns do not mesh together on smaller screens, do the following:

catalog/sitemap.php

FIND this code:

$leftWidth  = (tep_not_null($rightColDisplay) ? 'style="float:left; vertical-align:top; width:50%"' : 'style="float:left; vertical-align:top; width:100%"');
  $rightWidth = (tep_not_null($leftColDisplay) ? 'style="float:right; vertical-align:top; width:50%"' : 'style="float:right; vertical-align:top; width:100%"');

and REPLACE IT with this:

$leftWidth = (tep_not_null($rightColDisplay) ? 'class="pull-left col-xs-12 col-sm-6"' : 'class="pull-left col-xs-12"');
  $rightWidth = (tep_not_null($leftColDisplay) ? 'class="push-right col-xs-12 col-sm-6"' : 'class="push-right col-xs-12"');

Edited by Demitry

Dear Jack @Jack_mcs

Just try the new version and I have the next problem :

The Related Categories appear, but the Related Products and Related Manufacturers do not appear. 

In the admin I have the Show Related Products and Show Related Products by Manufacturer in true.

Any idea what can it be?

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

No, I'm sorry but I don't. Unfortunately, it might be a while before I can get back to this addon, though I will as soon as I can.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@valquiria23

Valqui,

Setting those to view in the Configuration page is not enough. You have to go into Admin > Sitemap SEO > Settings Control and add the Heading Text into the input boxes for the sections you want to display.

Dear @Demitry and Jack @Jack_mcs

The Related Categories appear, but the Related Products and Related Manufacturers do not appear. 

please see the example image:

5b08858831ae1_RelatedCategories.thumb.jpg.e1734ff5d3639e6bbcbb8f38fc7810bd.jpg

Another problem is that I can not enable the options in the Admin: Enable Articles Manager, Enable InfoPages and Enable Page Manager.

please see the example image:

seomap.thumb.jpg.9b87c6e9fa217f424dfabbe48ae71b81.jpg

Please I need help my friends !!!

Best regards.

Valqui

@valquiria23

Valqui,

I think the reason you cannot enable Articles Manager, InfoPages and Page Manager.. is because I you have to have those addons installed first. I have the same thing on my BS Edge install.

As for the manufacturers and related pages on the product_info.php page, I just noticed that I have the same issue. I actually have not seen that Related Categories menu on the product_info.php page, until you brought it up.

I'll look into it on my end and see if I can come up with anything.

@Jack_mcs

Jack,

Valqui is right, there is a problem with these two modules displaying. I'm not sure if it's the javascript, the hook file, or the modules. And, the modules' html needs to be restructured. I looked at the source code and there are partial html table structures inside div tags,.. and that's just for the Categories module that displays.