• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Sorry the program works great what i am talking about is when http://(whatever.com)/catalog/sitemap.php is displayed

@ the bottom of the page after all the sitemap is generated it says

(Please contact us if you experience any problems finding what you need:)

and underneath that

Company Name

Address

Phone #

E-mail address <--------- this is it sorry for the misunderstanding

Oh, I see. That is loaded from the store address setting in admin. If you can't edit it there (it may be used elsewhere), then you would need to edit sitemap.php language file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

In your includes/language/english/sitemap.php file find

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<p>Please contact us if you experience any problems finding what you need:</p> ' .

nl2br(STORE_NAME_ADDRESS) . '<br>' .

STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS

);

and change it to

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<p>Please contact us if you experience any problems finding what you need using the contact us form.</p>');

That will keep the text, but remove the address details and email.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

In your includes/language/english/sitemap.php file find

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<p>Please contact us if you experience any problems finding what you need:</p> ' .

nl2br(STORE_NAME_ADDRESS) . '<br>' .

STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS

);

and change it to

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<p>Please contact us if you experience any problems finding what you need using the contact us form.</p>');

That will keep the text, but remove the address details and email.

thanks i did this

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<b>Please <a href="/contact_us.php">Contact Us</a> if you experience any problems finding what you

need :</b><BR> ' .

nl2br(STORE_NAME_ADDRESS) . '<BR>' .

SITEMAP

);

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

In instructions for installation I didn't find correction for file bm_information.php. I fixed it myself off course in language file bm_information.php add define('MODULE_BOXES_

INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO', 'sitemap')

While I was arranging Boxes Group Control 2 notices appeared.

Notice Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /.../.../.../admin/sitemap_seo_box_control.php on line 162 I fixed with:

if (! is_array($activeBox))

$boxName = explode(".", $activeBox);

Following notice was still left:

Warning: file(/.../.../public_html/includes/modules/boxes/Array) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/.../.../public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 203.

What is wrong? How to fix this?

I have a version 2.3.3.

Edited by Matjaz

I'm not seeing that error here but you can try changing

$boxName = explode(".", $activeBox);

to

$boxName = explode(".", implode($activeBox));

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

1. Despite correction note about sitemap.php on line 203 stays.

2. Why I cant plug in via administration:

Enable Articles Manager

Enable InfoPages

Enable Page Manager

When I start install. php php admin notices me:

1048 - Column 'set_function' cannot be null INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Sort Order - Articles Manager', 'SITEMAP_SEO_SORTORDER_ARTICLES_MANAGER', '4', 'Where to place this module in the listings.', '18', '16', NULL, now(), NULL)

1. Despite correction note about sitemap.php on line 203 stays.

2. Why I cant plug in via administration:

Enable Articles Manager

Enable InfoPages

Enable Page Manager

Do you have those addons installed?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

@@Jack_mcs

Anytime I click "(show products)," and then click on a product, and then hit the "back" button, I get a re-submission prompt from my browser. Is this intended, or have I made a mistake with installation?

The re-submission problem occurs whenever a form is used. This addon doesn't use any forms. I don't know what you are clicking on when you click "show products" but that is where I would start looking.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs

The lastest version has the option in Admin>Configuration>Sitemap SEO "show products in categories" true/false. I have it set to false as default, so it just shows categories. However, at the top of the sitemap, right next to "Categories," there is also (show products) which when I mouseover, it shows the link as: "javascript:document.sitemap.submit()" .

There are no forms on the page at all.

This isn't a huge detraction from the sitemap, but it may lead some customers to think they've made a mistake or that there is a security risk. If there's a way to avoid the prompt, I'd like to, but I can also live with it, if it presents a large hurdle.

Please forgive my ignorance. I don't know, so I must ask :)

Yes, there is a form but it is not a security problem because the database doesn't use the results of the form. You can remove that link though by deleting this code

$showCategories .= tep_draw_form('sitemap', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO)) . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_draw_hidden_field('show_products', $showStatus);
  $showCategories .= '<a class="sitemap" href="javascript:document.sitemap.submit()">' . $showProducts . '</a> ';
  $showCategories .= '</form></th></tr>';

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

@@Jack_mcs

How difficult is it for the sitemap omit/exclude categories that contain 0 products? My site does not display empty categories in the category box, but they do still show in the sitemap.

It's not an addon, exactly...more like a short snippet added to the bm_categories.php shown here:

// DISABLE CATEGORY WITH NO PRODUCT
$bShowCategory = false;
$products_in_category = tep_count_products_in_category($counter);
if ($products_in_category > 0){
 for ($i=0; $i<$tree[$counter]['level']; $i++) {
 $categories_string .= "    "; /*alters the offset of subcategories*/
 }
 $categories_string .= '<a href="';
 if ($tree[$counter]['parent'] == 0) {
 $cPath_new = 'cPath=' . $counter;
 } else {
 $cPath_new = 'cPath=' . $tree[$counter]['path'];
 }
 $categories_string .= tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">';
 /* if (isset($cPath_array) && in_array($counter, $cPath_array)) {
 $categories_string .= '<strong>';
 } commented out original before "easier categories in 2.3.1.*/
if (isset($cPath_array) && in_array($counter, $cPath_array)) {
$categories_string .= '<span class="categoryBox-active">';
} else {
$categories_string .= '<span class="categoryBox">';
}

// display category name
 $categories_string .= $tree[$counter]['name'];
 /* if (isset($cPath_array) && in_array($counter, $cPath_array)) {
 $categories_string .= '</strong>';
 }*/
$categories_string .= '</span>';
 /*if (tep_has_category_subcategories($counter)) {
 $categories_string .= '->';
 }*/
 $categories_string .= '</a>';
 if (SHOW_COUNTS == 'true') {
 if ($products_in_category > 0) {
	 $categories_string .= ' (' . $products_in_category . ')';
 }
 }
 $categories_string .= '<br />';
}
//End Hide Empty Category

I assume mimicking this behavior on the sitemap isn't quite as simple?

I haven't tried this but the following may work, or should at least get you started. In the includes/classes/category_tree.php file, find

function buildProducts($category_id)
{

and add this after it

if ($products_in_category < 1) return '';

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No change in "hide products" page, which is my default, but that caused the category tree in "show products" to be blank on the category side....still messing around with it.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Jack_mcs

I've modified the category_tree_no_products in the following way, but I get a blank page:

$spacer_string = '',
$spacer_multiplier = 1;
function osC_CategoryTree($catID = 0, $load_from_database = true) {
global $languages_id;
$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd on c.categories_id = cd.categories_id where cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.parent_id, c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");
$this->data = array();
$this->root_category_id = $catID;
while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
$this->data[$categories['parent_id']][$categories['categories_id']] = array('name' => $categories['categories_name'], 'count' => 0);}
} //end class osC_CategoryTree
function buildBranch($parent_id, $level = 0, $p_category_link = false) {
if ($products_in_category < 1){ return '';}else{
$result = $this->parent_group_start_string; //starts the <ul> tag

Am I even close?

I don't know the code by heart so I can't see what was changed. But I don't provide specialized coding help in the forums due to the number of requests. If it is somethign I can see at a glance, I will try to help but, usually, not anything beyond that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

@@Jack_mcs

Is information pages compatible with Sitemap SEO? I have Enable InfoPages checked in Settings control.

Then, I went to Box Control. Down at Additional Link Control, I selected information.php and added information.php?info_id=10 with a display name of Frequently Asked Questions. But, when I go to the sitemap, I get this error (I had to exclude the box to get rid of the error):

Warning: file(/home/essent8/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/information.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/essent8/public_html/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 84

If I try using the Box Group Control for information.php or bm_info1.php I get this error:

Warning: file(/home/essent8/public_html/includes/modules/boxes/Array) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/essent8/public_html/backoffice/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 203

Also, I've been through the installation directions three times to make sure I didn't miss any directions or files, but Sitemap SEO does not show up in the Configuration box. I have the Sitemap SEO box with the three control files, but not a Sitemap SEO link to change display settings.

Diana

It is compatible with it in pre-2.3 shops but I don't recall ever testing the two together in newer shops. The path you show is for pre-2.3 and since it is failing I assume you have a 2.3 shop. So, if that is the case, I would say it is not compatible with those shops. I'll change that in the next version but I've no idea when that will be.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons