• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

I went through all steps of installation and had no problems. I used the automated script to change the DB. I checked all of the code changes side by side and they look correct. I did initialize the DB per the two instructions in install. I have not made any configuration changes and have not turned on infoboxes, pages, etc. So I can't shut them off. I tried turning them on one by one and had table missing errors. I'm assuming this is from not having another contribution installed for them. I am going down a list of basic contributions to install that I found on one of the boards - I think you put it out but can't remember - and haven't gotten to infopages yet.

Any other ideas? Should I start over and install this first? Has anyone considered the order of installs - I could see this being a problem with file names already as there are different SEO or sitemap contributions.

The order of installation doesn't make any difference as long as you follow the install instructions for each contribution (merge instead of upload files) and you are not using contributions that serve the same purpose (don't install two sitemap contributions). For this one, it should work straight-away, evenif you don't initialize the tables in admin, though only the categories will show. If you installed it all correctly and got that error even when just the categories were showing in the map, then my guess is that there is something wrong with one of your categories. I can't think of anything else that would cause it, though there could be, of course.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks again Jack for the quick reply. You certainly spend a lot of time helping people that are way under skilled dealing with this. So thanks for that.

I do have others in there - and I have had problems with others. So I started with a clean install and put in STS first. I will then put in Sitemap and see if it works. I think that should remove anything from the equation. If I still have the problem I'll start fresh and just put in Sitemap.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just loaded, but problem with sql - when clicking sitemap in colum_left receive following message

1146 - Table 'storefront_49.TABLE_INFORMATION' doesn't exist

SELECT information_id, information_title FROM TABLE_INFORMATION WHERE visible='1' and language_id='1' ORDER BY sort_order

[TEP STOP]

This is my include/boxes/information.php

<?php

//$info_box_contents = array();

//$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

//new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

echo '<br><div id="box_infoWrmation_heading" class="box_head">'.BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION.'</div>';

$text = '';

$text .='<div id="box_information">';

$text .='<a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>';

$text .='<a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING).'">'.BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING.'</a><br>';

$text .='<a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY).'">'.BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY.'</a><br>';

$text .='<a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS).'">'.BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS.'</a><br>';

$text .='<a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_ABOUT_US).'">'.BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT_US.'</a><br>';

$text .='<a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO . '</a>';

$text .='</div>';

echo $text;

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- information_eof //-->

Can you give me an idea where I went wrong.

Thanks

Nikki

Just loaded, but problem with sql - when clicking sitemap in colum_left receive following message

1146 - Table 'storefront_49.TABLE_INFORMATION' doesn't exist

It means you have enabled the Information Manager option in the settings and that you either don't have teh Information Manager contribution installed or it is not installed correctly.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

I'm installing the catalog only new files and i dont see a javascript folder in my catalog. Can i just creat a brand new javascript folder and put the new file in there?

Yes, that is correct.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks. I finished the installation and see everything installed to the oscommerce admin. However, I dont see the sitemap on my site, am I missing something?

If you don't see a link to the sitemap on the shop side then you made a mistake in the installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you don't see a link to the sitemap on the shop side then you made a mistake in the installation.

What is the url for the sitemap, so that I can see if that's in tact? If the link for the sitemap isn't showing do you know what file the error may be in?

Thanks!

What is the url for the sitemap, so that I can see if that's in tact? If the link for the sitemap isn't showing do you know what file the error may be in?

I've no way of knowing what the url is - it's your site. But if it is installed correctly, you just need to click on the link with the name of Site Map.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

okay i thought maybe it was my_domain_name.com/sitemap or something.

I found the sitemap at my_domain_name.com/sitemap.php and was able to add a link to my footer. Thanks for the contribution, I'm installing all of your recommended SEO add ons.

Hi Jake, sorry I posted my question regarding the Sitemap SEO under Google Sitemap SEO support thread. :P

I got 2 questions,

1. I also installed your 'SiteMonitor', I noticed both SiteMonitor and Sitemap SEO have a function to support Version Checker. I am wondering if there is any code repeated been repeated to call Version Checker?

2. Do you have a USER MANUAL for Sitemap SEO? There are too many options in Admin, I am very confused.

My in house sitemap generated very nice but on the right side, everything has been generated twice. please see pic below. Im sure this is to do with the setting but i have no idea where to start.

sitemapSEO_twice.jpg

Hi Jake, sorry I posted my question regarding the Sitemap SEO under Google Sitemap SEO support thread. :P

Not a problem. It can be frustrating to others looking for a solution to some problem they are having and running across posts that have nothing to do with the contribution. So keeping to the topic helps everyone.

I got 2 questions,

1. I also installed your 'SiteMonitor', I noticed both SiteMonitor and Sitemap SEO have a function to support Version Checker. I am wondering if there is any code repeated been repeated to call Version Checker?

No. Each contribution uses similar code but it is specific to that contribution.

2. Do you have a USER MANUAL for Sitemap SEO? There are too many options in Admin, I am very confused.

My in house sitemap generated very nice but on the right side, everything has been generated twice. please see pic below. Im sure this is to do with the setting but i have no idea where to start.

No, like most contribution authors, I am lax on creating instructions. I thought those in the configuration section were pretty straight-forward though. But if not, changing them and seeing the result is. I see from your image you didn't name the sections in admin->Sitemap SEO->Settings Control though. You should do that. As for the duplicate entries, I don't know why that would have happened. I suggest running the uninstall script and then the install one and initializing the database once again as described in the instructions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

... I see from your image you didn't name the sections in admin->Sitemap SEO->Settings Control though...

Hi Jack

Thanks for the reply.

Im not sure if right side displayed twice to do with I have not fully removed Dynamic Sitemap entries but I will run SQL again as you suggested and see if it worked.

As for Setting Control, I have no idea what are those for :( therefore I dont know what I should name them to?

SitemapSEO_Settingcontrol.jpg

Thanks

Kai

As for Setting Control, I have no idea what are those for :( therefore I dont know what I should name them to?

Select the box for Page heading, type in text and save, then refresh the site map page on your site. You should see a difference.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Select the box for Page heading, type in text and save, then refresh the site map page on your site. You should see a difference.

Hi Jack

I have run uninstal and instal, now sitemap working brill. I think it repeated cos I done twice in your guide: - Go to admin->Sitemap SEO->Box Control, select a box from the dropdown

menu in the "Boxes Individual Control" secion and then click Update.

Thanks

Kai

Hi Jack

My sitemap SEO is not working properly in a suddent. :(

I have sitemap seo and google xml sitemap seo installed couple days ago and they worked great in last couple days.

Today, I got an error on google webmaster tools first. then I thought ill check my sitemap on my site to see if i can find any error.

Here I just wanna to make it clear that I made no modification except added Google Feeder (disabled FTP upload as cannt get connection with godaddy, so i used a cron manager at godaddy control interface to excute cron job you suggested. Used Google auto fetch function in google Merchant center to download the feed file at schedualed time)

I did not make any change to all files related to Sitemaps :'( I am frustrated that sitemap is melfunctioning. Please give me some suggestion on where i should look into.

Thanks

Pic 1 is webmaster tools scrren shoot where you can see error.

googlewebmastertools1.jpg

Then I go into the link with RED CROSS and i found no error there.

googlesitemap2.jpg

At last, I went into my own website sitemap page and the layout has changed. The manufacter section has disappleared and the sitemap is in the center and no long spread out to 2 sides.

sitemapSEO_error1.jpg

My sitemap SEO is not working properly in a suddent. :(

I have sitemap seo and google xml sitemap seo installed couple days ago and they worked great in last couple days.

Today, I got an error on google webmaster tools first. then I thought ill check my sitemap on my site to see if i can find any error.

Here I just wanna to make it clear that I made no modification except added Google Feeder (disabled FTP upload as cannt get connection with godaddy, so i used a cron manager at godaddy control interface to excute cron job you suggested. Used Google auto fetch function in google Merchant center to download the feed file at schedualed time)

I did not make any change to all files related to Sitemaps :'( I am frustrated that sitemap is melfunctioning. Please give me some suggestion on where i should look into.

At last, I went into my own website sitemap page and the layout has changed. The manufacter section has disappleared and the sitemap is in the center and no long spread out to 2 sides.

You are getting your sitemaps confused. The google sitemap and Sitemap SEO are completely different contributions and are not related in any way. For your google sitemap, you will need to check those files. If you can find the fix for the problem, you need to ask in the support thread for the contribution you are using. For this contribution, you have to adjust your settings for the various section to display. If it is all setup correctly, maybe something happened to your database. That might make more sense given that you have two broken contributions at once.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You are getting your sitemaps confused. The google sitemap and Sitemap SEO are completely different contributions and are not related in any way. For your google sitemap, you will need to check those files. If you can find the fix for the problem, you need to ask in the support thread for the contribution you are using. For this contribution, you have to adjust your settings for the various section to display. If it is all setup correctly, maybe something happened to your database. That might make more sense given that you have two broken contributions at once.

HI jack

As i mentioned before, I have not done any modifications to sitemaps seo and google sitemap seo and database. Could you be more specific on where I should look into regarding database?

thanks

As i mentioned before, I have not done any modifications to sitemaps seo and google sitemap seo and database. Could you be more specific on where I should look into regarding database?

This thread is only for Sitemap SEO so with regards to that, you need to add the titles in admin->Sitemap SEO->Settings Control and admin->Configuration->Sitemap SEO.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This thread is only for Sitemap SEO so with regards to that, you need to add the titles in admin->Sitemap SEO->Settings Control and admin->Configuration->Sitemap SEO.

Hi Jack

I have already set admin->Sitemap SEO->Settings Control

but when i went to admin->Configuration I cannt find Sitemap SEO under configuration.

So I did uninstall and reinstall SQL, then followed initial setup in your install instruction. Now everything seems back to normal and my Manufacturers are appearing again.

HOwever, Im concerned that I did no modification to my database at all. I have not touched my database since I had sitemap and google feeder installed.

Is there any other posibilities that my database has been altered that im not aware of? (the install and uninstall SQL files were deleted upon complete the install).

THanks

Kai

HOwever, Im concerned that I did no modification to my database at all. I have not touched my database since I had sitemap and google feeder installed.

Is there any other posibilities that my database has been altered that im not aware of? (the install and uninstall SQL files were deleted upon complete the install).

The only thing I can't think of is that in older versions of the Ultimate SEO contribution, the code would delete any database entries that had SEO in the name, which this one does. So if you are using Ultimate SEO, be sure to update it, if you have not done so lately. I suppose there could be some other contribution that does the same thing but I'm not aware of any. If the problem returns, I would start looking at what other contributions you have installed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The only thing I can't think of is that in older versions of the Ultimate SEO contribution, the code would delete any database entries that had SEO in the name, which this one does. So if you are using Ultimate SEO, be sure to update it, if you have not done so lately. I suppose there could be some other contribution that does the same thing but I'm not aware of any. If the problem returns, I would start looking at what other contributions you have installed.

Hi Jack

I have Ultimate SEO Urls 2-2.2d-x installed. I cannt remember whether its 2-2.2d-8 or 2-2.2d-10. I doubt 2-2.2d-8 deletes SEO database...could you confirm it for me?

I will also asking one of IT guy who helped me to get Ultimate SEO to work to see if he done anything or used an early version to replace the one i originaly installed.

Thanks

Kai

I have Ultimate SEO Urls 2-2.2d-x installed. I cannt remember whether its 2-2.2d-8 or 2-2.2d-10. I doubt 2-2.2d-8 deletes SEO database...could you confirm it for me?

I don't recall which version fixed the problem but I know it was before 8 so that is not the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons