Jack_mcs

Hi Everyone,

Got a big problem. I have the follow addons installed:

STS 4.6

Sitemap SEO

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Header Tags SEO

Now for the problems:

1)When I go to view one of my products, it does show the whole description, it only shows )partial and a (....see more) link that leads to no where.

2)Checkout buttons jumps to description

3) Page structure is wrong

Here's a link for an example: http://thriftyinks.com/compatible-black-cartridge-lc41bk-p-28.html

Thanx In Advance

Cleo

Got a big problem. I have the follow addons installed:

Please do not cross post. Besides being against forum rules, it is bothersome to those both looking for and offerring help.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Please do not cross post. Besides being against forum rules, it is bothersome to those both looking for and offerring help.

My apology wasn't sure which addon may have caused or I installed wrongly.

Any suggestions?

Edited by ceelow

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone tried to validate their output once they added this contribution.

I had to wrap the call to FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_CATEGORY in a table to fix it.

Search for

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_CATEGORY); ?>

in your /product_info.php and /index.php to find the relevant inserted code. Below is the correct code which worked for me.

<td class="smallText"><table><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_CATEGORY); ?></table></td>

Regards

George

Hi

I have installed Sitemap SEO v1.7 in my TEST shop which is a copy of a shop for testing only. A few days later I decided to install this contrib to my actual shop and I something went wrong. On the sitemap page there is only one column displayed (left column with categories and products). There is only empty place where the right column should be. And earlier in my test shop I had both columns, and all other pages were displayed in the right column. Now I have no idea what is wrong?

Is there anybody who can help?

I have installed Sitemap SEO v1.7 in my TEST shop which is a copy of a shop for testing only. A few days later I decided to install this contrib to my actual shop and I something went wrong. On the sitemap page there is only one column displayed (left column with categories and products). There is only empty place where the right column should be. And earlier in my test shop I had both columns, and all other pages were displayed in the right column. Now I have no idea what is wrong?

You probably didn't initialize the tables. See the instructions for initially setting up the contribution.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You probably didn't initialize the tables. See the instructions for initially setting up the contribution.

I think I did everything accordingly to install.txt. Is there any other instruction to this contrib?

You mean I did not run SQL file? I executed it with phpMyAdmin and got a success message. Then I tried to execute sitemap_seo_install.php and I got a message that contrib is already installed and "installation aborting". Obviously I did all other steps of the instruction except step 7 (creating a link in information box - I want to perform it later, I do not want people to see the uncompleted site map). Jack - I really don't know what is going on.

Edited by Lichy

I think I did everything accordingly to install.txt.

From the instructions

That completes the installation. You should now do the following:

- Go to admin->Sitemap SEO->Page Control - no other action is needed.

- Go to admin->Sitemap SEO->Box Control, select a box from the dropdown

menu in the "Boxes Individual Control" secion and then click Update.

If it all works on one installation and not another, it is almost certainly you did differently between the two installs.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If it all works on one installation and not another, it is almost certainly you did differently between the two installs.

Hi Jack - I do appreciate that you try to help me, but I must say I have serious problems and no idea what to do. Now I even doubt if on test installation it is OK. In right column of a sitemap I have links which are chosen in pages group control. If I exclude a page it then disappears from the sitemap, if I include this page again then it returns to the sitemap. That is all what I can see in my test shop.

Tell me please - should these links be displayed in groups in a sitemap? In my test shop there are no groups - they are displayed one by one. I can only change the sort order - it works fine.

And in actual shop I have only left column (categories and products) the right one is empty.

- Go to admin->Sitemap SEO->Box Control, select a box from the dropdown

menu in the "Boxes Individual Control" secion and then click Update.

Select which box from the dropdown list? I may select whatever but nothing happens. I completely do not understand how it shoul work.

Hi Jack - I do appreciate that you try to help me, but I must say I have serious problems and no idea what to do. Now I even doubt if on test installation it is OK. In right column of a sitemap I have links which are chosen in pages group control. If I exclude a page it then disappears from the sitemap, if I include this page again then it returns to the sitemap. That is all what I can see in my test shop.

Tell me please - should these links be displayed in groups in a sitemap? In my test shop there are no groups - they are displayed one by one. I can only change the sort order - it works fine.

And in actual shop I have only left column (categories and products) the right one is empty.

Select which box from the dropdown list? I may select whatever but nothing happens. I completely do not understand how it shoul work.

The categories and some of the pages will always show once this contribution is installed. If you want more to show, do the following:

- Go to admin->Sitemap SEO->Page Control. That's it for this step - nothing else required.

- Go to admin->Sitemap SEO->Box Control, select a box from the dropdown. "A box" means any box. After the page has updated, which it will do automatically, click update for the box you selected. That's it for this step - nothing else required.

- Go to admin->Configuration->Sitemap SEO and set the settings to your liking.

- Go to admin->Sitemap SEO->Settings Control and enter in the titles for the categories, pages, boxes and whichever others you use on your site. Don't enter them if you don't use them.

You should be done at that point.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i am using the information pages unlimited addon, to add extra pages and for the design of the homepage, which all works fine but on the sitemap i get

TEXT_MAIN and HEADING_TITLE included with the rest of the other information pages i created so is it possible to exclude those two from being displayed on the sitemap?

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

Don't select them in the settings.

could not find anything just to hide those two, apart from within the information manager, but if i disabled those, then i would not have anything on my homepage, which i do not want, and i can't unable the information page from the sitemap as i got other pages that i want to be on the sitemap

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

I was referring to the settings in this contribution. If you are using one of the contributions that it is compatible with, you can turn that part on and off in admin.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

I've installed this contribution without any errors, however I'm concerned it is now bringing up the name and description for my categories and manufacturers on my main site. I entered this information in via the admin panel when I installed 'KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags' however it is bringing up this text now, rather than keeping it hidden. Would you know if a certain file edit, say index.php would have caused this and if so, how I can correct it?

Many thanks

Hello

I've installed this contribution without any errors, however I'm concerned it is now bringing up the name and description for my categories and manufacturers on my main site. I entered this information in via the admin panel when I installed 'KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags' however it is bringing up this text now, rather than keeping it hidden. Would you know if a certain file edit, say index.php would have caused this and if so, how I can correct it?

Many thanks

I don't understand what you mean about it showing the name and description of the categories. Seems like that is what one would want. Do you mean in the site map itself? Please provide a link to the problem so I can see what you mean.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't understand what you mean about it showing the name and description of the categories. Seems like that is what one would want. Do you mean in the site map itself? Please provide a link to the problem so I can see what you mean.

http://karamelshoes.co.uk/index.php/new-arrivals-c-1 is a link to one of my pages showing the problem. The title 'new arrivals' was not there, and neither was the grey text with my description for my metatags until after I installed this contrib.

I've also realized my site doesn't show information boxes so I can't see a link to the sitemap. Would I be able to place this in the footer instead?

Thank you very much for your help!

http://karamelshoes.co.uk/index.php/new-arrivals-c-1 is a link to one of my pages showing the problem. The title 'new arrivals' was not there, and neither was the grey text with my description for my metatags until after I installed this contrib.

I've also realized my site doesn't show information boxes so I can't see a link to the sitemap. Would I be able to place this in the footer instead?

This contribution can't cause that to happen. The only changes it makes to the index file is to include the related categories code, and that wouldn't do it. Perhaps you uploaded some of the included files and overwrote your edited ones. That's the only way I can think of that would cause a problem.

If you don't use the information box, then adding a link in the footer would be the way to go.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This contribution can't cause that to happen. The only changes it makes to the index file is to include the related categories code, and that wouldn't do it. Perhaps you uploaded some of the included files and overwrote your edited ones. That's the only way I can think of that would cause a problem.

If you don't use the information box, then adding a link in the footer would be the way to go.

Hello, I've tried everything I can think of but it definitely comes down to the two index.php edits. Would it make any difference as to where they're placed? I didn't originally have the surrounding table rows or data code in my file (but did have the

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

AND

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?> so I just placed it after that?

Edited by Lucy Fox

Hello, I've tried everything I can think of but it definitely comes down to the two index.php edits. Would it make any difference as to where they're placed? I didn't originally have the surrounding table rows or data code in my file (but did have the

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

AND

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?> so I just placed it after that?

No, it shouldn't. The code in the module is enclosed in a table row & cell so it should work as is with most shops. Some may require the addition of a table but all that would do is prevent the page from displaying incorrectly. The code should still work the same. If you have installed Header Tags recently, I could see that contribution causing such a problem, for what that's worth. But if you can cause the problem to appear and disappear by adding and removing the changes for this contribution, then you can try cutting down the changes (do one at a time) to find the part at fault. And then edit that file to try to determine the cause, though I just don't see that being the case.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Got another question if that's ok. In Sitemap SEO > Settings Control, if I enable Articles Manager, InfoPages or Page Manager, it comes up with these database errors when I go to sitemap.php (depending on which one I enable):

1146 - Table 'db300569983.TABLE_ARTICLES' doesn't exist

select a.articles_id, ad.articles_name from TABLE_ARTICLES a left join TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION ad on ad.articles_id = a.articles_id where a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

1146 - Table 'db300569983.TABLE_INFORMATION' doesn't exist

SELECT information_id, information_title FROM TABLE_INFORMATION WHERE visible='1' and language_id='2' ORDER BY sort_order

[TEP STOP]

1146 - Table 'db300569983.TABLE_PAGES' doesn't exist

select pd.pages_title, pd.pages_body, p.pages_id, p.pages_name, p.pages_image, p.pages_status, p.sort_order from TABLE_PAGES p left join TABLE_PAGES_DESCRIPTION pd on .pages_id = pd.pages_id where p.pages_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '2' order by p.sort_order

[TEP STOP]

Do you know what I am missing? I also cant seem to get my head around 'Box Control' and what it's usage is for - any tips would be very handy.

thank you! - that's all my questions!

Edited by Lucy Fox

Got another question if that's ok. In Sitemap SEO > Settings Control, if I enable Articles Manager, InfoPages or Page Manager, it comes up with these database errors when I go to sitemap.php (depending on which one I enable):

Those options will only work if those contributions are installed. If they are installed and the option in this contribution is enabled, then the pages from those contributions will be displayed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

After installing KISS Error Handling by FWR, I have the following errors when I open sitemap.php.

Error: file(/home/XXXXXX/public_html//become_member.php) [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: includes/functions/sitemap.php
Line: 177
Error: file(/home/XXXXXX/public_html//contact_us_bak.php) [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Error: file(/home/XXXXXX/public_html//faq.php) [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Error: file(/home/XXXXXX/public_html//print_my_invoice.php) [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Error: file(/home/XXXXX/public_html//product_material.php) [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Error: file(/home/XXXXX/public_html//wholesale.php) [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Error: file(/home/XXXXXX/public_html//wholeseller.php) [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Not sure why these arrors is even showing up. These files have been removed some time back. Even checked filenames.php, information.php and language english.php to see if anything was left behind. Even checked the root dir along with phpMyAdmin. Also nothing was spotted in admin -> sitemap SEO

If there is a reason why they appear on that page, I would be thankful if you maybe give me an idea on the how to remove them.

Thanks.

Bennett

After installing KISS Error Handling by FWR, I have the following errors when I open sitemap.php.

I don't use that contribution so I can't comment on its output. You'll need to ask in its support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't use that contribution so I can't comment on its output. You'll need to ask in its support thread.

That was my first step. He could help if module ran with any problems. But as far as issues other than module, the need to ask in general support. Because of sitemap, I thought I try here next. So I guess, I will go general support.

Thanks anyways.