• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

I have discovered that there are several different files, all named "sitemap.php" and they are not interchangeable.

In looking at the page source, it seems that "sitemap_seo.js" is where the issue is.

It produces 2 lines of text: 'Related Products', and 'Related Categories' at the bottom of each catalog page.

At least it is normal text, not ALL CAPS.

It appears to be a link, but leads nowhere on clicking it.

I'll keep looking....

Yes, that is correct. You have to upload all of the files as mentioned in the insructions and then perform the changes also mentioned in the instructions.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, that is correct. You have to upload all of the files as mentioned in the insructions and then perform the changes also mentioned in the instructions.

It turns out that the 2 lines on each of my product pages , "related products" and "categories" are controlled from the configuration page of OSC.

Now I just have to figure out how to make products and categories "related".

Edited by casemaker

Is it possible to rub "uninstall" and "reinstall" the seo install sql file to correct a problem?

Is it possible to rub "uninstall" and "reinstall" the seo install sql file to correct a problem?

Yes, you can run those files. Whether or not they will fix a problem can't be known beforehand.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, you can run those files. Whether or not they will fix a problem can't be known beforehand.

The big question is, will it fix this, which suddenly appeared after a day of 2 of working perfectly.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getpagesarray() in /catalog/admin/sitemap_seo_page_control.php on line 112

The big question is, will it fix this, which suddenly appeared after a day of 2 of working perfectly.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getpagesarray() in /catalog/admin/sitemap_seo_page_control.php on line 112

No, that isn't related to the database. It is saying it can't find one of the required files. Be sure you have uploaded all of the included sitemap_seo files.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I did the "uninstall/reinstall" process and it got my site working again.

However, in the config section with Sitemap SEO, I only have access to the "settings control". Both the Box and Page Control sections produce the Fatal error message.

I ran through the file checklist and every one is accounted for.

Edited by casemaker

I did the "uninstall/reinstall" process and it got my site working again.

However, in the config section with Sitemap SEO, I only have access to the "settings control". Both the Box and Page Control sections produce the Fatal error message.

I ran through the file checklist and every one is accounted for.

It sounds like there is a mistake in the installation but I've no way to determine the problem in a support thread like this. All I can suggest is that you try the installation in a new shop, get it working by uploading the including files and then compare the differnces to your shop to find the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That version should be updated regardless of a problem with this contribution since much has changed since it was released. I suggest using my latest version of 2.2d.

I have updated to the latest version of Ultimate SEO URLS and my sitemap still keeps disappearing out of the database. What do I have to do to fix this? I have the latest version of sitemap seo installed.

I have updated to the latest version of Ultimate SEO URLS and my sitemap still keeps disappearing out of the database. What do I have to do to fix this? I have the latest version of sitemap seo installed.

The only time I've ever heard of that happening is with some versions of Ultimate SEO. If you have updated that, then I don't know what the problem could be. There could be, probably is, some other contribution causing it but there's no way to know which one other than to troubleshoot the problem. For example, you turn off Ultimate SEO (be sure to turn off all options) and then run the site to see if the database entries go away. If not, then it is still related to that contribution. If it does, then you would have to dissable the next one, and so on.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I was on the first step of installation. Basically uploaded sitemap_seo_install.php then browsed to it by going mydomain.com/sitemap_seo_install.php and hitting enter. I got this error:

1062 - Duplicate entry '545' for key 1

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` ) VALUES ('545', 'Sitemap SEO', 'Sitemap SEO site wide options', '22' , '1')

[TEP STOP]

No clue what I did wrong but any help is appreciated.

Contributions installed: Purchase without Account / STS/ All Products/ Header Tags Controller

^ NVM. Despite this I went ahead and installed and it works!

Now that being said when I go to admin>configuration..."Sitemap" is no where to be found. Not sure what I did wrong but its not there..

Contributions installed: Purchase without Account / STS/ All Products/ Header Tags Controller

I was on the first step of installation. Basically uploaded sitemap_seo_install.php then browsed to it by going mydomain.com/sitemap_seo_install.php and hitting enter. I got this error:

1062 - Duplicate entry '545' for key 1

It means the ID the contribution is trying to use is already being used. You'll need to edit the that file and change the number. Find this line

$group_query = "INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` ) VALUES ('545', 'Sitemap SEO', 'Sitemap SEO site wide options', '22' , '1')";

and change the 545 to something else. It has to be a unique number. You can look that up in the configuration_group table or just guess at some number (go higher). You'll need to run the uninstall script before running the install script again.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack,

I noticed in the sitemap page it calls for a table_background_specials.gif image. I rather have no images but can't seem to find where it is referencing that. This is a stock osc image btw. Any clue?

Hey Jack,

I noticed in the sitemap page it calls for a table_background_specials.gif image. I rather have no images but can't seem to find where it is referencing that. This is a stock osc image btw. Any clue?

If you are referring to the sitemap page, that is code that is common to oscommerce. If you don't want it on the page, find and delete this line of code from the sitemap.php file.

<td align="right"><h1><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_specials.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></h1></td>

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me how this contribution complements or replaces All Products SEO?

I'm about to install All Products SEO but this contribution seems to do the same thing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Can someone please tell me how this contribution complements or replaces All Products SEO?

I'm about to install All Products SEO but this contribution seems to do the same thing.

All Products SEO creates a links to all of your products. Sitemap SEO creates a link to your categories (and products if the option is enabled) and the regular pages of your site. They both provide your customers with quicker ways of getting around your shop and a way for the search engines to do the same. They should both be installed for the best SEO results.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

All Products SEO creates a links to all of your products. Sitemap SEO creates a link to your categories (and products if the option is enabled) and the regular pages of your site. They both provide your customers with quicker ways of getting around your shop and a way for the search engines to do the same. They should both be installed for the best SEO results.

Thanks Jack for your answer.

BTW your contributions rock! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Hi,

Not sure if this was asked previously, although I am wondering the use of "Related Categories" showing up under manufactures. Is there an instance that this will be useful? I can't seem to foresee this being a requirement. It is completely blank in the shops i have tested it against. Assuming it is not needed, how/what modification can be applied to remove it just under manufactures and leave "Related Categories" still showing under the categories.

Regards

George

Not sure if this was asked previously, although I am wondering the use of "Related Categories" showing up under manufactures. Is there an instance that this will be useful? I can't seem to foresee this being a requirement. It is completely blank in the shops i have tested it against. Assuming it is not needed, how/what modification can be applied to remove it just under manufactures and leave "Related Categories" still showing under the categories.

While the option may be useful to your customers, it's true purpose, with regards to this contribution, is for SEO purposes. It gives quick links to certain products and categories that are in some way linked to the page its on. You can turn the options off in admin but it is a global setting. If you want it off on just one page, you would have to edit the code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Everyone,

Got a big problem. I have the follow addons installed:

STS 4.6

Ultimate_SEO_URLS

Sitemap SEO

Google XML Sitemap SEO

Header Tags SEO

Now for the problems:

1)When I go to view one of my products, it does show the whole description, it only shows )partial and a (....see more) link that leads to no where.

2)Add To Cart buttons jumps to description

Here's a link for an example: http://thriftyinks.com/compatible-black-cartridge-lc41bk-p-28.html

Thanx In Advance

Cleo

Edited by ceelow