• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

- go to admin and login

- click on Sitemap SEO in the left column

- click on Page Control in the left column

- scroll to the bottom of the page and click update after verifying all of your languages are displayed

- click on Box Control in the left column

- select any box from the dropdown in the Boxes Individual Control section

- click update once that box loads

- click on Settings Control in the left column

- Fill in the various headings for all languages in use

- go to the configuration group

- click on Sitemap SEO

- change the settings to what you want

Jack

I just installed this contrib and it is producting the site map but I can't find the area in the admin to adjust page, box or setting controls. I do have the settings in the configuration group. What did I miss?

thanks

Sue

I just installed this contrib and it is producting the site map but I can't find the area in the admin to adjust page, box or setting controls. I do have the settings in the configuration group. What did I miss?

thanks

Sue

Duh - never mind - it is on the bottom of the left hand column, below tools!!!!

Sue

thanks

Sue

I have the exact same issue but there is nothing below the "tools" line.

I have the exact same issue but there is nothing below the "tools" line.

You either didn't install it correctly (completely) or you have the admin access levels contribution installed, which means the new files must be assigned before they can be used.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

See my Duh above: it is on the bottom of the left hand column, below tools!!!!

Sue

Unfortunately, it isn't there, so I guess I'll have to troubleshoot the installation...again.

.......(this is everything listed below Sitemap SEO)

Sitemap SEO

Categories Images Box

Catalog

Modules

Customers

Locations / Taxes

Localization

Reports

Tools

......that's all in the left column.

Unfortunately, it isn't there, so I guess I'll have to troubleshoot the installation...again.

If you did nothing else at all but add this line to the column_left file in admin

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'sitemap_seo.php');

you should see some change. Since you are not, you either didn't make that change or it isn't showing up for the reason already explained.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

That produces the error:

'Fatal error: Class 'box' not found in .../includes/boxes/sitemap_seo.php on line 32'

This is the contents of the referenced file 'sitemap_seo.php'

<!-- sitemap_seo //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SITEMAP_SEO,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_PAGE_CONTROL, 'selected_box=sitemap_seo'));

if ($selected_box == 'sitemap_seo') {

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_BOX_CONTROL, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_SITEMAP_SEO_BOX_CONTROL . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_PAGE_CONTROL, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_SITEMAP_SEO_PAGE_CONTROL . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS_CONTROL, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS_CONTROL . '</a>');

}

$box = new box;

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- sitemap_seo eof //-->

'Fatal error: Class 'box' not found in .../includes/boxes/sitemap_seo.php on line 32'

Class box is a standard oscommerce class so you have something wrong with your shop. Are you sure you are making these changes to the admin part of your shop?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is the catalog/admin/column_left.php file contents.

The earlier one that produced the error was in the catalog/includes section.

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'configuration.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'catalog.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'modules.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'customers.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'taxes.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'localization.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'reports.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tools.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'sitemap_seo.php');

One small question. I do have the latest Header Tags SEO ver 3.1.8 and today I am upgrading Sitemap SEO from ver 1.5 to 1.7 (the latest). Am asking here because these two contributions were created by you, Jack.

In Header Tags SEO ver 3.1.8 did ask to add this in place of <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title> with this:

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

And for the instructions for Sitemap SEO ver 1.7 to upload files from catalog_Only_New_Files directory . But the title between <head></head> has this inserted:

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

So we can see it is a slight difference of my present files. So am asking, will this make a difference or not?

Thanks

Bennett

In Header Tags SEO ver 3.1.8 did ask to add this in place of <title><?

It doesn't matter as long as Header Tags is installed but the correct one is the one from the Header Tags install.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a modified shop. I got the sitemap.php file cleaned up to fit my template. I did not change any of the critical functions however, only the html output. The contribution will not show any box-headings by default and only shows them when I edit the "Sitemap SEO > Settings Control" in admin. It doesn't display the shipping.php page either. I upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5 only recently. The 1.4 had some sort of internal sever error when I ran the settings. I don't wish to upgrade to 1.7, since I don't need extra sitemaps. What can I do?

Screenshot:

4409248261_b2d4f85407_o.gif

Edited by DasMax

The contribution will not show any box-headings by default and only shows them when I edit the "Sitemap SEO > Settings Control" in admin.

Which is how it works and is what you are supposed to do. If you don't want to change the settings, then you won't have headings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

What about the shipping.php page? Should I use the box-control for that? How can I indent the subcategories in the list? Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't understand what you are asking about the shipping page. For the indent problem, that has been brought up before but is not an easy fix, if it is even fixable without a total rewrite, so that won't change anytime soon, I'm afraid.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ahh, yes. Not following the instructions will do that. I'm glad you've got it figured out.

Well, I started over with a new install, in the correct directories this time, but still get an error when trying to setup the Admin-SEO-boxes etc.

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/sitemap.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ctsmith/public_html/cart/admin/sitemap_seo_page_control.php on line 16

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/sitemap.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ctsmith/public_html/cart/admin/sitemap_seo_page_control.php on line 16

Do you have any suggestions about correcting this?

The error is saying it can't find one of the sitemap files so my guess is that you didn't upload the files from the catalog_Only_New_Files directory of the contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I reviewed all the files again and discovered one was missing. After adding it, I have a new error message.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare addmissingboxes() (previously declared in /home/ctsmith/public_html/cart/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php:15) in /home/ctsmith/public_html/cart/admin/includes/languages/english/sitemap.php on line 40

Check your file

/home/ctsmith/public_html/cart/admin/includes/languages/english/sitemap.php

and se if it has a function inside. addmissingboxes()

The languagefiles only keep the seperate language text to define TAGS, and not functions.

Comparet to the original file in the addon.

If you have an older version of Ultimate SEO installed, there is a problem with its code that will cause this. In that case you need to update to the latest version of 2.1d that I uploaded.

Jack

I'm having the exact same problem. The version of Ultimate SEO URLS I have installed is the 2.1d Original Updated Nov 23, 2008. Could this version be causing the Sitemap SEO to disappear out of my database?

I'm having the exact same problem. The version of Ultimate SEO URLS I have installed is the 2.1d Original Updated Nov 23, 2008. Could this version be causing the Sitemap SEO to disappear out of my database?

That version should be updated regardless of a problem with this contribution since much has changed since it was released. I suggest using my latest version of 2.2d.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That version should be updated regardless of a problem with this contribution since much has changed since it was released. I suggest using my latest version of 2.2d.

Are you talking about using Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-7? How hard is it to update from the 2.1d that I have to that one? Do I have to completely uninstall the one I have first and then install that one or is there an easier way to do it?