• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added h1 and h2 classes to stylesheet.

- Added mini-product sitemaps to the product pages.

- Added mini-category sitemaps to the product and category pages.

- Added option to turn manufacturers display on and off.

- Added version checking contribution to make tracking updates easier.

- Changed code in sitemap.php to use h1 and h2 classes.

- Fixed problem where adding a new page would cause the other tags to be changed in page control.

Jack, installed and working well. I really like the mini site maps on the category and products pages. A suggestion if you take this further, for when in a category page, if the link at the bottom that says "Related Categories" could be modded to say {"Related" . Name of Current Category . "Categories"} I think that would be meaningful to a shop browser.

On the admin side I like the support thread link, upper left.

Sitemap SEO

(visit the support thread)

Very handy.

The latest version notice is very helpful.

Last but not least, it's nice to see and learn something about the author. Upper right :)

Thanks much

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

hello jack,

i just added this contrib on my store, and as last time i tried i've the same problem wich should be minor, but i cannot figure it out.

once i add contrib everything goes well, but the font size of my categories box is changed, on www.domain.om/sitemap.php i end with my categories link in box categories with font size of 16 px...where in any other page i've it displayed as normal (10px).

so i end up with a screwed left columm wich is way more larger than it should since bigger font resize width of my left column..i cannot understand why it's changing a font size by it's own on categories box wich has nothing to do with site map. i can provide you links so u can see for yourself. just ask for it, ill PM you links.

thank you for your time

It doesn't make any changes to the categories box code but it does use its own css classes. It might be that there is a naming conflict between them. You should check your stylesheet file and search for double instances of the new classes added by this contribution. Other than that, I don't have any other suggestins.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

i found out....this was coming from <!doctype html....>

Sitemap.php from this contrib has

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

and for exemple my index.php has :

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

So i changed code in sitemap.php to this instead of the first one, and my categories link is back to normal.

i've absoluty no clue why such a minor difference could do such a bug, but it seems to have fixed my problem.

Edited by Lgn.Magic

I had the same problem as the gentleman from India who posted previously about seeing pages duplicatd on the Sitemap.

I installed this in my test site and when I checked the database, all of the entries were appearing multiple times.

I looked at Admin > Localization > Languages and saw I had three languages installed: English, Spanish and Dutch. I also noticed individual fields in Admin > Sitemap SEO > Page Control to control files for all three of those languages when I first looked after installing the contrib.

I deleted Spanish and Dutch from Admin (never used them anyway), and then went back into the database and ran the first half of the SQL file again, to drop the tables and start anew. Now, there are no duplicate entries and all looks well. I guess if you have multiple languages installed the SQL will assign multiple IDs for the files in the sitemap_seo_pages table.

- Andrea

Me again. Just installed this on my live site, where only one language is installed, and had the same duplication problem occur in the table after installation.

Initially, when I ran the SQL file, it created empty tables. Only after fully installing the contrib and then going to Admin > Sitemap SEO > Page Control does the sitemap_seo_pages table get populated (I think)...and it's creating duplicate entries of each filename. Each one has its own unique ID number, though.

So, I ran the SQL (the first half) again and then went to Page Control and the new table was correctly populated with only one entry per file. I have no idea what could be causing that.

The only thing I'm left with now is trying to figure out why two of my main categories are showing up twice. The category and subcategory breakdown is exactly what it should be until I hit the bottom of the sitemap. Then, two of the main categories are listed again, this time without subcats beneath them. No biggie, just don't understand why that's happening.

- Andrea

I can't follow what the problem is. Going to admin->Page Control is required and part of the installation steps so I don't know if you are trying to get around that or if that is causing the problem. In any event, I can't duplicate it here. If you can be more clear as to what steps you are taking to cause the problem, I will try to do the same and see if I can make it fail. Also, please let me know what php/mysql versions you have installed.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I followed the steps in the contrib exactly as written. I first run the SQL file. It creates the tables, all of which are empty. Zero rows.

I upload the new files. I edit the remaining files as I do have a heavily modded site.

I log in to Admin and go to Sitemap SEO > Page Control as told in the instructions. Then, I go to Sitemap SEO > Box Control...select any box from the drop-down menu and click Update as told.

Then...I go to mysite.com/sitemap.php and all the pages (account, advanced search, etc.) are duplicated onscreen. Like this:

Account

Account

Advanced Search

Advanced Search

Conditions

Conditions

I then go view the table sitemap_seo_pages in the database, via PHPMyAdmin, and see that the files are duplicated, one after the other. For example, account.php is the first entry with an ID of 1. The next entry is account.php with an ID of 2. And every file after that is being duplicated as well, assigned two different ID numbers.

I 'fixed' it by re-running the top portion of the SQL file that creates the tables. I did not re-run the bottom half which inserts assorted things into configuration. Then, I go to Admin > Sitemap SEO > Page Control and the page loads as it did before. Never did have duplicates when viewing that page in Admin, if it matters.

Then I view the sitemap in my website, and all is well. I check the sitemap_seo_pages table in the database, and there are no duplicates. Re-running that SQL and dropping the tables and creating them anew fixes it.

It was far messier, I must say, when I did it on the test site which had 3 languages installed. Having only English installed on the live site resulted in two entries per file for that table, whereas the Test Site database was showing 4 entries per file. All assigned different ID numbers.

My site runs on PHP 5.2.9 and MySQL 4.1.22-standard. Sorry to be a pain! I do love the sitemap!

- Andrea

No need to apologize. I appreciate the detailed explanation. I don't have a server setup using that version of mysql but I will set one up and try a new install to see if I can get it to fail.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack, love this contrib also. Have installed it this afternoon on my (heavily modified) local copy and in Admin all seems well. Searched the topic to see whether somebody else had had the same problem but did not see it mentioned.

Because, on the front-end of things unfortunately I am getting a serious error when trying to access the sitemap.php (via the info-box):

1146 - Table 'catalog.table_information' doesn't exist

SELECT information_id, information_title FROM TABLE_INFORMATION WHERE visible='1' and language_id='4' ORDER BY sort_order

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas what might be going wrong - TABLE_INFORMATION indeed does not exist but I am not sure the SQL of the contribution actually creates it.. Would love to use it in the live environment but need to get it to work locally first. Thanks for your help...

The error means you enabled the information manager contribution in the settings in admin but don't actually have it installed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The error means you enabled the information manager contribution in the settings in admin but don't actually have it installed.

Thanks a million Jack - you were quite right and solution indeed was to disable it. Sitemap works now although I do not get products listed under manufacturers/categories - is this a setting??

I do as it happens have an Info-page contribution ( http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2021 ) but cannot really get it to work within your contribution - when in SEO Sitemap box control I try to enable (and define) the Sitemap links I get a Fatal error on accessing sitemap.php:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 97

Any advise you can give me? Extra infopage URLs are of the syntax: http://localhost:8080/catalog/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=3

That contribution isn't included in the code but you should be able to add its pages via Box Control.

There are two mistakes in the current version that will be fixed in the next version but you should fix them now.

In includes/functions/sitemap.php, find

if (! function_exists('curl_init')) 

and replace it with

if (function_exists('curl_init')) 

In sitemap.php find

$osC_CategoryTree = new osC_CategoryTree(); 

and relace it with

$osC_CategoryTree = new osC_CategoryTree; 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thank you for this terrific addition! I don't know if this is still relevant, but I did want to confirm the duplication problem mentioned by puggybelle as well as her fix on sql 4.1.22. Also I noticed that, before applying the fix, some of the info pages such as "conditions" will show up whether or not they are excluded in the SEO_page control.

Regardless, I love the layout you used and extreme ease of installing/use of the program..Thanks again!

Hi Jack,

Thank you for this terrific addition! I don't know if this is still relevant, but I did want to confirm the duplication problem mentioned by puggybelle as well as her fix on sql 4.1.22. Also I noticed that, before applying the fix, some of the info pages such as "conditions" will show up whether or not they are excluded in the SEO_page control.

Regardless, I love the layout you used and extreme ease of installing/use of the program..Thanks again!

You're welcome. :) And thanks for letting me know of the problem. I tried to duplicate the probloem before the last update but never could so I don't have a solution at this point.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just installed Site Map v1.7 and it's not displaying the bullets before the categories nor is it displaying the subcategories. What could possibly be wrong?

You might have code in your stylesheet that changes how ul's and li's are handled.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Don't know if this is the right place to find help but I installed this contrib and it seems that most everything works except I get an error message on my site :

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/sitemap.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ctsmith/public_html/cart/index.php on line 129

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/sitemap.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ctsmith/public_html/cart/index.php on line 129

Any help for a newbie would be appreciated.

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/sitemap.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ctsmith/public_html/cart/index.php on line 129

The error is saying it can't find a file named sitemap.php located in the includes/languages/english/ directory. Most likely you didn't upload that file from the contribution package.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The error is saying it can't find a file named sitemap.php located in the includes/languages/english/ directory. Most likely you didn't upload that file from the contribution package.

Thanks for that help. I did miss a file, but now that I have added it, the cart is OK, but I can't access the Admin.

I get the following error message for all sections of the Admin.

The requested URL /cart/admin/FILENAME_CONFIGURATION was not found on this server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for that help. I did miss a file, but now that I have added it, the cart is OK, but I can't access the Admin.

I get the following error message for all sections of the Admin.

The requested URL /cart/admin/FILENAME_CONFIGURATION was not found on this server.

Any suggestions?

Capital letters in an error mean you've made a mistake. That definition is not part of this contribution so you probably uploaded the included files over yours, causing a loss of what was already there. You have to reload the original files and edit them manually.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Capital letters in an error mean you've made a mistake. That definition is not part of this contribution so you probably uploaded the included files over yours, causing a loss of what was already there. You have to reload the original files and edit them manually.

I seem to have it installed since my website is functioning normally, without error messages, and the Admin section has a listing for Sitemap SEO.

Is there anything else missing.

Your first post mentions:

It has the following following features but I don't see any way to access them.

- Displays all pages and boxes - no missing links or text

- Displays categories, with or without products

- Displays manufacturers, with or without products

- Links can be sorted

- Links can be excluded

- Links can be set to show for registered customers only

- Sections of links can be sorted

- Sections of links can be excluded

- Sections of links can be set to show for registered customers only

- All links have configurable anchor text

- All links have configurable alternate display names

- All sections of links can be placed anywhere on the sitemap page via admin