• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Hello, Okey - a bit newbie for this contribution :)

I installed and everything everything and no errors.. but i have no real idea how this thing should work.

When i go to my sitemap address: http://funbox.ee/OSc/sitemap.php i get:

Warning: require(includes/languages/eesti/sitemap.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/v3451/public_html/OSc/sitemap.php on line 16

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/eesti/sitemap.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/v3451/public_html/OSc/sitemap.php on line 16

So when i try to add it to google site map from webmaster panel of-course it is not recognized.

As i look from admin everything seems to work as long i use english ( i did editing to the language files also).

Also when i add something in admin the sitemap file size does not seem to change - should it change ?

Can i benafit also from this contrib: "Chemo's Google XML Sitemap Feed contribution, with the addition of some nice extras."

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3439

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

[ I do not speak good English, so I hope ya understand ]

When i go to my sitemap address: http://funbox.ee/OSc/sitemap.php i get:

Warning: require(includes/languages/eesti/sitemap.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/v3451/public_html/OSc/sitemap.php on line 16

It means you made a mistake in the installation. Try uploading all of the new files included and it may work.

Can i benafit also from this contrib: "Chemo's Google XML Sitemap Feed contribution, with the addition of some nice extras."

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3439

Not as much as the Google XML Sitemap SEO contribution but one should definately be installed.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

A small bug possibly. I hope this has not been previously covered.

Whenever I add a new page to catalog, (for example last night I cloned conditions.php to make a legal.php file)

When I navigate to admin - sitemap seo - page control

The new page is detected and appears on the pages group control list just fine, but ALL the previously entered "Alternate Name, Anchor Text, Sort, Registered" that are listed BELOW the new legal.php file are now offset by one line.... ie they did not move down the list 1 notch... and I have to manually repair.

Did I miss something or is this a bug?

Thanks!

Dave

Jack, are you able to duplicate this bug? or is it just me

-Dave

I reuploaded the files - no change...

I look ower all the changes i should have done & Only task i was unable to do was

7) In includes/boxes/information.php,
Replace
                                        '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');
With
                                        '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>' .
                                        '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO . '</a>');

becouse in my information.php file i do not have "FILENAME_CONTACT_US" section in this page. I try to add this "replace" parts to the end of file and after $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<ul> but there was no change. Might the error be from there?

<?php
 /*
 $Id: information.php,v 1.6 2002/11/22 18:56:08 dgw_ Exp $
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com
 Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce
 Released under the GNU General Public License
 */
?>
<!-- information //-->
         <tr>
           <td>
<?php
 $info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<ul>
 										  <li class="el"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a></li>' .
                                        '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a></li>' .
                                        '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a></li>' .
                                        '</ul>');
 new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>
           </td>
         </tr>
<!-- information_eof //-->

I leave it as original right now ... not sore where to add these 2 lines :)

But Is there any other file i can troubleshoot for this error?

Line 16 says in sitemap.php: require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO);

(i have 3 languages in my sop and estonia/ eesti is the main one), admin is in english

Are you sure you have a file named sitemap.php in your languages/eesti/ directory? The error says you don't.

Oh thank you.. it's working now :))

I totally missed that i must copy site-map file to other lang directories also.

But now the main question remains... how i submit it to google? How can i get the xml file? (php file submission will not work).

& will there be one site-map for all 3 languages or i can make 3 separate ones (if there is any use of it)?

Hi Jack,

Installed this contribution on my Xampp testing store before trying on my live store. It gave me the following problems:

1) when I tried to run the sql script through phpmyadmin it gave me the following error:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )
VALUES (
'545', 'Sitemap SEO', 'Sitemap SEO site wide options', '22', '1'
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '545' for key 1 

Also there does not seem to be a sitemap SEO option inserted in Admin - Configuration.

Any suggestions what I may have done wrong?

One other point - I had to enable curl on Xampp to stop some errors I was getting

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hi Jack,

Installed this contribution on my Xampp testing store before trying on my live store. It gave me the following problems:

1) when I tried to run the sql script through phpmyadmin it gave me the following error:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )
VALUES (
'545', 'Sitemap SEO', 'Sitemap SEO site wide options', '22', '1'
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '545' for key 1 

Also there does not seem to be a sitemap SEO option inserted in Admin - Configuration.

Any suggestions what I may have done wrong?

One other point - I had to enable curl on Xampp to stop some errors I was getting

Thanks

Sorry - Found answer to sql problem in a previous post :blush:

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I am still kind of stuck at how to actually use this after i have successfully installed it... so if anyone can help whit that this would be great help :)

(how will google find and use this? )

Edited by Waffa

(how will google find and use this? )

Google, and the other search engines, find it by the link in your information box, or wherever you placed it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Got the installation running great om my local Xampp store so decided to add to my live shop.

Everything works ok - except a couple of things:

1) In page control in the admin I cant exclude some pages, eg. if I exclude "tell a friend" cos it isnt live in my store and then hit update, when the screen refreshes the box is unchecked again.

2) This is an odd one that doesnt appear on my Xampp store. When I select a category from my menue, a new box opens above my categories menue which displays the contents of that category - how do I turn off / hide this?

You can see what I mean here : My store just select any category.

3) Somehow it has adjusted the width of my store as the header image is now too short to span the page.

I have installed the files several times, and checked all the manual edits.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

1) In page control in the admin I cant exclude some pages, eg. if I exclude "tell a friend" cos it isnt live in my store and then hit update, when the screen refreshes the box is unchecked again.

2) This is an odd one that doesnt appear on my Xampp store. When I select a category from my menue, a new box opens above my categories menue which displays the contents of that category - how do I turn off / hide this?

3) Somehow it has adjusted the width of my store as the header image is now too short to span the page.

1 - Be sure you have the latest version. That was a problem with an earlier version but no longer is. Since it works on your local setup, it may be related to the php/mysql versions. All I can suggest is that you try to isolate the diffrence. Also check this thread for the same problem. Some other fix may have been found.

2 - That's the silo option of Header Tags and doesn't have anything to do with this contribution.

3 - It doesn't change the home page at all except for the link you add for it so couldn't cause such a problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No idea where to check errors now... after i installed Google Sitemap XML my Sitemap SEO does not display in browser anymore

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/v3451/public_html/OSc/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/v3451/public_html/OSc/includes/functions/database.php on line 25

Not sore if it is because of Googlemaps SEO but after messing around whit the last one i discovered this

What files i might be able to troubleshoot?

What file rights should be for these files? 664 right?

Is it important that Sitemap SEO files lines are before ?> or can something similar be after them also from other contributions?

Also not so big problem, but from admin when i use my original language (estonia) i get: "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home/v3451/public_html/OSc/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in /home/v3451/public_html/OSc/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30"

When i use english, everything works.

Thank you so much for help :)

Edited by Waffa

Those two contributions work fine together. The errors you are getting are not all related to this contribution so it sounds like you have something else wrong with your shop. You should post a question in the general support forum for help with that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it will work with BTS but needs some edits, as most contributions installed into that type of shop. But that isn't the type of support provided in this thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, but you may want to add a no index meta tag to the account page too since the search engines may still index a page that is in the robots file. They just won't evaluate it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Again,

Had this great contribution up and running well.....

However, since installing it I have done some other mods to my store and sql changes to the database and have now lost the Admin - Configuration - Sitemap SEO option, where should I start looking to re-install the option in the menu? as everything is now pushed over to the right hand side and I need the admin-config option to get it back again.

As another minor question, I have started using Google analytics and tried adding mysite/sitemap.php to google as a sitemap, but it was rejected for reasons of being a HTML input?

Thanks for any advice.

Copy all of the lines in the sql file from the contribution that start with "INSERT INTO configuration" and insert those into the database.

This doesn't have anything to do with analytics. You will need to post that question in that support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Copy all of the lines in the sql file from the contribution that start with "INSERT INTO configuration" and insert those into the database.

This doesn't have anything to do with analytics. You will need to post that question in that support thread.

Thanks for the quick response Jack.

• 3 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added h1 and h2 classes to stylesheet.

- Added mini-product sitemaps to the product pages.

- Added mini-category sitemaps to the product and category pages.

- Added option to turn manufacturers display on and off.

- Added version checking contribution to make tracking updates easier.

- Changed code in sitemap.php to use h1 and h2 classes.

- Fixed problem where adding a new page would cause the other tags to be changed in page control.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added h1 and h2 classes to stylesheet.

- Added mini-product sitemaps to the product pages.

- Added mini-category sitemaps to the product and category pages.

- Added option to turn manufacturers display on and off.

- Added version checking contribution to make tracking updates easier.

- Changed code in sitemap.php to use h1 and h2 classes.

- Fixed problem where adding a new page would cause the other tags to be changed in page control.

Hi Jack,

First of all let me congratulate you for such a wonderful contribution. It is also very nice of you to keep the same updated time and again. Thanx once again.

I downloaded the latest files (1.7) and installed the same. Everything went fine without a single error but what I see on the catalog/sitemap.php is that each page (or most of them) are repeated twice in the list. I have only one language (English) but still I see the page names twice.

Any Idea what must have gone wrong?

Hi Jack,

First of all let me congratulate you for such a wonderful contribution. It is also very nice of you to keep the same updated time and again. Thanx once again.

I downloaded the latest files (1.7) and installed the same. Everything went fine without a single error but what I see on the catalog/sitemap.php is that each page (or most of them) are repeated twice in the list. I have only one language (English) but still I see the page names twice.

Any Idea what must have gone wrong?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

As for the problem you are having, noting was changed that should have caused that. You can try uploading the previous sitemap.php file to see if that clears it up. But it sounds like the data in your sitemap tables in the database got duplicated. I've no idea how that would have happened though. If you are comfotable looking at the database, you could look in the sitemap_seo_pages table to see if there are duplicate entries.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons