• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

That was the initial version and fixes have been released since then so you upgrade to the latest version. Also be sure the search engine friendly option in admin is not set.

Thanks, Jack. That's very straight forward add-on. I have it installed and also fit my previous issue. Many thanks :thumbsup: organicme

Hi Jack

Last weekend, I have managed to update ur contribution sitemap seo and it works all fine. However,later I have just noticed that one of my webpage('how to order'within information box) went missing, and the link appear to be broken. It also did not appear in page control group under sitemap seo of admin panel. I know that it should has nothing to do with ur contribution. I have checked through things I know but cannt resolve the issue. I am hoping if you could point me out where likely went wrong. Any guess is also helpful. Thank you. organicme

It may be that it is not a properly setup link (with regards to oscommerce) or that you just need to add it manually to the sitemap in admin.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It may be that it is not a properly setup link (with regards to oscommerce) or that you just need to add it manually to the sitemap in admin.

Thanks, Jack. I just have it fixed. It was a silly mistake I made. By accident, I deleted that php file from catalog. Thanks for your reply. organicme

Hi

When installing this contrib on to my local site (using wamp), I got this error message on top of the box control, page control and the settings control pages. Everything seems to work though.

But I'm not sure what to do whit this message...

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in D:\Conus Test Site\wamp\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 101

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of GetFilesArray(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in D:\Conus Test Site\wamp\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 274

A new version has been uploaded with this changes:

- Added code to check if multilist function already exists

- Added missing field to sitemap_seo_install.php file.

- Changed primary key in links_exchange table to language_id

- Fixed coding mistake in admin/functions/sitemap.php regarding curl

- Fixed problem some have with Array.

- Removed the deprecated call by reference code in both includes/functions/sitemap.php files

- Removed references to TABLE_SITEMAP_SEO_EXCLUDE, which was never used

- Replaced category_tree.php file with one that reads nested directories.

My thanks to markhere for allowing me access to his admin and showing me how to reproduce the Array problem.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

After installing the new version of this cotrib on my local site the error messages disapeared

thanx

Same here. I had the Array issue, as well as a PHP error message depending on what configuration I did. But now those issues do not appear after doing the install of the update and trying various config settings. Thank you much!

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Hi,

I have installed the SEO and followed all instructions to the letter. However when I tried to access the sitemap from the e-shop itself I got the following message:

1146 - Table 'wallpape_plamboy.TABLE_ARTICLES' doesn't exist

select a.articles_id, ad.articles_name from TABLE_ARTICLES a left join TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION ad on ad.articles_id = a.articles_id where a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

The sitemap however works perfectly fine from the admin page. It seems I must have not done something right but cannot figure what exactly. I browsed the thread but could not find a solution.

Can someone give me a clue what might have gone wrong? Thanks for all your efforts!

Jack,

I've installed Sitemap SEO 1.5. When I view the sitemap as a store user, the top level text labels do not appear (e.g. "By Categories"). I looked at the sitemap.php file, and I am wondering if your contrib requires globals to be turned on. I don't see how the if/then statements at the beginning of the file can ever be true (to display the text) unless global variables are turned on. Do you suppose that might be the problem. Also, where are those variables set to begin with? I have a heavily modded store, so perhaps I have disabled something that your contrib needs.

On another note, I want to say GREAT JOB! This is about the 3rd or 4th sitemap that I've tried and this one is by far the best. For one thing, yours works with Chemo's Ultimate SEO URLs and the SEO Header Tags mods. Hats off. Thanks. :)

Regards,

RC

Doh. Disregard. I just figured it out. I need to update the text in Admin menu > Settings Control.

I would suggest clarifying this in the instructions. You do indicate to visit that page, but not its purpose or that it's required in order to get the headings to appear.

Regards,

RC

Edited by Richard Cranium

The page link problem is probably some invalid link. All you can do is eliminate sections via the settings until you find the problem. You don't need the other contributions installed but, if not installed, you can't use those options. If you have them enabled, that might be the reason for the first problem.

Jack

I am having the same problem. When I click sitemap I get a page error "Unable to determine the page link!" I have followed everything to the T can some one help me how to fix it. Also I am getting BOX_HEADING_ in front of all my catogories like config,catalog,modules,etc my site is www.wrightsmarketplace.com

Wayne

I am having the same problem. When I click sitemap I get a page error "Unable to determine the page link!" I have followed everything to the T can some one help me how to fix it. Also I am getting BOX_HEADING_ in front of all my catogories like config,catalog,modules,etc my site is www.wrightsmarketplace.com

Wayne

For the page link problem, be sure you do not have the search engine friendly option set in admin. For the BOX_HEADING problem, that means you missed a step in the installation process. You need to go back through and find the missing change.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I've just installed the latest version and when I select a box from the dropdown menu in the "Boxes Individual Control" section in admin, I receive Internal Server Error immediately. Same when I try to assign a box under Boxes Group Control, as soon as I hit update.

I have four languages in the shop and I noticed that the alt text and display name on SOME information pages remain in English no matter what language I select. For example page loyalty.php shows display name and alt text Loyalty in all languages but loyalty in Information box in German is showing Treueprogramm and in English Loyalty Programm - neither of them is Loyalty. I noticed that it could be set on page control in admin, but why is it not using the text that is already there for each language?

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

For the internal error, check your error log or ask your host to see what the failure is. For the text, make sure you make an entry in Settings Control.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For the internal error, check your error log or ask your host to see what the failure is. For the text, make sure you make an entry in Settings Control.

Jack, thank you very much for another great contribution! Not yet fully discovered how to use the box control... Error sorted by asking my host to turn allow_url_fopen on. Small suggestion:

line 201 in sitemap.php change

<td class="main"><?php echo $settings['heading_sub_text']; ?></td>

to this:

<td><h2><?php echo $settings['heading_sub_text']; ?></h2></td>

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Thanks for the suggestion. The page title should also be changed to h1. Neither of those classes are part of the contribution. I'll add that in the next version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

A small bug possibly. I hope this has not been previously covered.

Whenever I add a new page to catalog, (for example last night I cloned conditions.php to make a legal.php file)

When I navigate to admin - sitemap seo - page control

The new page is detected and appears on the pages group control list just fine, but ALL the previously entered "Alternate Name, Anchor Text, Sort, Registered" that are listed BELOW the new legal.php file are now offset by one line.... ie they did not move down the list 1 notch... and I have to manually repair.

Did I miss something or is this a bug?

Thanks!

Dave

-Dave

hi jack

i am new to this so please bear with me

after reciveing feed back for my site its been said a site map would be a good idea

after reading the instructions heres my question

i have site with items allready listed does running this install file that i upload does it over write files that would make the site not work if by any chance it mess up and goes wrong

many thanks phil

Sitemap SEO V 1.5

Trying to validate sitemap.php with W3C.

My sitemap includes products, but when a category only has subcategories and no products an 'empty' UL block is produced. W3C doesn't like this.

The errors can be seen here

Happy to try to fix the code, but would appreciate any pointers!!

Sitemap SEO V 1.5

Trying to validate sitemap.php with W3C.

My sitemap includes products, but when a category only has subcategories and no products an 'empty' UL block is produced. W3C doesn't like this.

The errors can be seen here

Happy to try to fix the code, but would appreciate any pointers!!

It's possible the code is missing a closing ul but I wouldn't rely on w3c to determine that since their scanner doesn't always do so well with nested statements. I suggest you display the page on the site and copy the code using view source. Isolate the lists on the page and then match the opening and closing tags. If one is missing, then the determine which part of the map has the problem (categories, pages, etc.) and then look in sitemap.php at that section for the ul's.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi!

Is it possible to add all your product reviews to the sitemap?

Thanks.

The product reviews page, which lists all reviews, should already be there. You can add a particular review page by going into Box Control and using the Additional Link Control at the bottom of the page. The file name would be something like product_reviews_info.php?products_id=5&reviews_id=2.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons