• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Halo, i'm using sitemap SEO. In my previous installation version 1.3 that error show up when i try to update my box control.

:blush: Error Failed to read file /home/bnetbtan/public_html//includes/boxes//Array

And then now i update to version 1.4, when i try again to update my box control, it show up that message again.

:blink: Error Failed to read file /home/bnetbtan/public_html//includes/boxes//Array

so, every time i want to edit my side map, i must edit manualy in the PhpMyAdmin to change my database.

Any idea about that will be very apreciated. thank

Yes, I had it showing up as well. I tried to repeat the error but now it does not show up anymore. With me it happened in Configuration/Sitemap SEO and cicking on one of headings. I just clicked on all of them and nothing happens.

However this is from the admin error_log

[27-Feb-2009 05:39:23] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function addmissingboxes() in /home1/xxxxx/public_html/admin/sitemap_seo_box_control.php on line 181

[27-Feb-2009 05:41:55] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function getpagesarray() in /home1/xxxxx/public_html/admin/sitemap_seo_page_control.php on line 90

[27-Feb-2009 05:42:06] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function addmissingboxes() in /home1/xxxxx/public_html/admin/sitemap_seo_box_control.php on line 181

Hope this helps

Hi Jack,

I've installed Sitemap_SEO_V_1.4 but am encountering the following error in the admin module:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in ....\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 214

I get this when trying step 1 after completing the install.

"- Go to admin->Sitemap SEO->Box Control, select a box from the dropdown menu in the "Boxes Individual Control" secion and then click Update. "

Would greatly appreciate any assistance you could provide

Cheers,

Brian

Hi Jack,

I've installed Sitemap_SEO_V_1.4 but am encountering the following error in the admin module:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in ....\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 214

I get this when trying step 1 after completing the install.

"- Go to admin->Sitemap SEO->Box Control, select a box from the dropdown menu in the "Boxes Individual Control" secion and then click Update. "

Would greatly appreciate any assistance you could provide

Cheers,

Brian

Hi Jack, Nevermind....I found the answer.

For those interested.....The php_curl extension was not turned on in my WAMPSERVER 2.0 setup.

Cheers,

Brian

Great Contrib!!!

sitemap_seo_install.php not work perfectly.

heading_title

heading_sub_text

are missing in this file.

sitemap_seo.sql works perfectly :)

Regards!

1.1 worked fine. uninstalled it completely and installed 1.4

this is the errors i get.

in admin

CATEGORY > Sitemap SEO

Box Control

Page Control

BOX_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS_CONTROL

What is BOX_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS_CONTROL? click on it and there is no page, 404 error;

Click on the sitemap link on the front end site and this is what we get now?

1146 - Table 'byunspee_catalog.TABLE_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS where language_id = '1' LIMIT 1

Also in your honest opinion, if YOU had a second choice of using another contribution over YOUR own, which would you pick?

TIA!

The instructions were very simple and easy to understand and went over it thrice! manually imported the sql file like we always do instaed of using your install file. Thanks.

Edited by Z06BAIT

1.1 worked fine. uninstalled it completely and installed 1.4

this is the errors i get.

in admin

CATEGORY > Sitemap SEO

Box Control

Page Control

BOX_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS_CONTROL

What is BOX_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS_CONTROL? click on it and there is no page, 404 error;

Click on the sitemap link on the front end site and this is what we get now?

1146 - Table 'byunspee_catalog.TABLE_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS where language_id = '1' LIMIT 1

Also in your honest opinion, if YOU had a second choice of using another contribution over YOUR own, which would you pick?

TIA!

The instructions were very simple and easy to understand and went over it thrice! manually imported the sql file like we always do instaed of using your install file. Thanks.

You didn't properly install 1.4. See the install instructions for those missing items.

As for other sitemap cotnributions, there are two others, that I am aware of. Sitemap MS2 has never been SEO friendly and lacks many of the features of the other two, last I checked. That may be different now since I don't keep up on them. The other is Dynamic Sitemap, which I also wrote. It has many short-comings that this one fixes. It also has an add-on for a google type sitemap. That is a mistake, as I have made known many times, and was the genisis of this one. But in answer to your question, if this one wasn't available, then Dyanmic Sitemap is the better of the other two.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the good Contribution.

But google says that I wrong sitemap format, what can I do?

(sorry for my bad eng)

Edited by linkan

This has nothing to do with google, in that sense, so it is probably te google sitemap contriibution you are using. You should use the Google XML Sitemap SEO contribution (see My Addon) for best results.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

never mind, i got the above sort out. need to download to pc and upload back after editing. keke...

oh i have these 2 lines of error after log in to admin :

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/u/n/i/uniquexme/html/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 101

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/u/n/i/uniquexme/html/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 274

sorry, but i have to ask. what do u do with this Sitemap SEO? i m really a newbie in this. can anyone show me an example or link of what we have to do for this sitemap? the info that i have searched is that doing a sitemap increase chances of higher ranking. But i totally have no idea of what i need to type in. thanks.....

never mind, i got the above sort out. need to download to pc and upload back after editing. keke...

oh i have these 2 lines of error after log in to admin :

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/u/n/i/uniquexme/html/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 101

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/u/n/i/uniquexme/html/admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 274

The fix for this is posted in this thread in the last few pages. I meant to add it to the last update but forgot. It'll be in the next though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

sorry, but i have to ask. what do u do with this Sitemap SEO? i m really a newbie in this. can anyone show me an example or link of what we have to do for this sitemap? the info that i have searched is that doing a sitemap increase chances of higher ranking. But i totally have no idea of what i need to type in. thanks.....
It is a map to the pages of your shop. It has two purposes. One is to provide your customers with an easy way to get around your site. The other is to provide the search engines with quick links to those areas so that they are indexed more quickly. You should also install the Google XML Sitemap SEO contribution (see my Add ons) for best results.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In includes/functions/sitemap.php at line 25, change
if (GetFilesArray($path, &$lines))

to

if (GetFilesArray($path, $lines))

and at line 128, change

if (GetFilesArray($path, &$lines))

to

if (GetFilesArray($path, $lines))

That should fix it.

Jack

for those facing the same problem as me, just amend these 2 lines (just be removing the &). thought that it might be easier for other newbies to solve this problem faster. thanks jack.

Hi Jack!

Fantastic contribution!!!

However I have a problem. I've installed it all correctly, when selecting a box from the dropdown in admin->Sitemap SEO->Box Control, as stated in the instructions, I receive the following message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\wamp\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 214

I'm using Ultimate SEO Urls and Header Tags Seo.

Can you help me please?

Regards.

Max

Edited by max.terbeck

---

Max Terbeck

Hi Jack!

Fantastic contribution!!!

However I have a problem. I've installed it all correctly, when selecting a box from the dropdown in admin->Sitemap SEO->Box Control, as stated in the instructions, I receive the following message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\wamp\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 214

I'm using Ultimate SEO Urls and Header Tags Seo.

Can you help me please?

Regards.

Max

Hi Jack!

Nevermind, I've found the problem, I didn't have activate the curl extension in wamp server.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

---

Max Terbeck

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your contribution. I uploaded all the files to my site, in admin side, it can workable, however, I can't see the www.mydomain.com/catalog/sitemap.php. I made sure that I followed all the steps of your instruction. And I tried to go back www.mydomain.com/catalog/sitemap_seo_install.php, it said 'Looks like Sitemap SEO is already installed. Aborting...' . On the other hand, from my homepage, I can see the sitemap in the information box. I really no idea where the problem have...... Have you any idea what problem found? Sorry for my stupid!! :blush:

Best regards!!

Carmet

i m extremely sorry, but have to ask, is there a guide for beginner on how to use this? i have already installed together with google XML sitemap, but i have no idea what should i do with it. i understand that a sitemap list out a page in words for the product, but how do we use the thing? pardon me, i m complete newbie who just setup my shop. what should i do now?

Edited by uniquexme

Hi Jack,

After I click the sitmap. the screen is shown ' HTTP 500', <_< , it can't show the link. and I tried to go back to admin page's sitemap SEO, I thought it may be some links I added before, so it can't show the sitemap. But it can't....... I really dont know how to do..... this is my website link : http://www.idealsource.co.cc/catalog/sitemap.php .... do I need add anythings for support it?

Please kindly give me some advice.

Carmet :(

Hi Jack,

I forgot to say that I just moved all the information box to the footer. but I make sure that I havent broken all the links of sitemap.......

Regards

Carmet

i m extremely sorry, but have to ask, is there a guide for beginner on how to use this? i have already installed together with google XML sitemap, but i have no idea what should i do with it. i understand that a sitemap list out a page in words for the product, but how do we use the thing? pardon me, i m complete newbie who just setup my shop. what should i do now?
You already asked this question and I replied. But to be more specific, you don't do anything with it. It is a link on your site that the customers and search engines use to see what's on your site. You should optimize that page so it displays what you want but that's all.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

After I click the sitmap. the screen is shown ' HTTP 500', <_< , it can't show the link. and I tried to go back to admin page's sitemap SEO, I thought it may be some links I added before, so it can't show the sitemap. But it can't....... I really dont know how to do..... this is my website link : http://www.idealsource.co.cc/catalog/sitemap.php .... do I need add anythings for support it?

Please kindly give me some advice.

Carmet :(

The link is invalid. Even http://www.idealsource.co.cc/catalog/ won't load so it seems to be a problem with your site, not the contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Oh sorry. I think I was just revising something when u came to my site..... so, please go there to check again. I am really sorry about it....

regards

Carmet :P