• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack.

Thank you for this contribution.

I installed Sitemap SEO V 1.3 on my site and this work well, but when i send sitemap link for google this error is shown:

Unsupported file format

Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format.

Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit.

Please help me for fix this error.

Thank You.

Double posting wastes everyone time. :angry:

You need to read this thread and find out you need an additional contribution.

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to know before i install this contribution if this creates xml sitemaps as well for google and the likes as dynamic sitemap does. I have dynamic sitemap installed but would prefer to install this one as i a fan of Jacks work. Please let me know if this is google and the likes compatible or not.

Thanks

Hi,

I have just installed this great contribution but does not seem to work on my shop :(

I run sitemap_seo_install.php, I modified the files according to the install.txt file and uploaded the new files, but when I click on http://www.mydomain.ro/sitemap.php the folowing error appears:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() in /home/userdb/public_html/shopfolder/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13.

Help please.

Regards.

If you are using a template, it is probably due to that. This thread may help.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your help.

Indeed, I use a template.

I replaced in header.php tep_show_category with tep_show_category_template, the error dissapeared, but now on site_map.php I have listed kind of my entire site... meaning here: Categories, Manufacturer Drop-down list, Language Select, Currency select, Search box, etc + site-map - and all those with the original CSS of OSC and all placed insted of just the site map.

Regards.

great contribution

thanks

I've just a warning in

catalog/admin/sitemap_seo_page_control.php?selected_box=sitemap_seo

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in C:\WEB\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 101

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of GetFilesArray(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in C:\WEB\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 271

I turned On call-time pass-by-reference in php.ini in a PHP 5.2.0 environment

What should be modified in sitemap.php to be correct for future versions of PHP ?

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your help.

Indeed, I use a template.

I replaced in header.php tep_show_category with tep_show_category_template, the error dissapeared, but now on site_map.php I have listed kind of my entire site... meaning here: Categories, Manufacturer Drop-down list, Language Select, Currency select, Search box, etc + site-map - and all those with the original CSS of OSC and all placed insted of just the site map.

Regards.

Pre-made templates generally change quite a few standard things about the shop, thus your original error. The files included in contributions like this are meant for a standard shop. If they don't work with yours, they have to be changed so that they do. That is beyond the scope of this, or any support thread, so you will have to learn how to do that and do so with each contribution you install. But, to get you started, it sounds like the right column was removed from your template, while it isn't in the contribution, so you will have to remove that code.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

great contribution

thanks

I've just a warning in

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in C:\WEB\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 101

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of GetFilesArray(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in C:\WEB\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 271

What should be modified in sitemap.php to be correct for future versions of PHP ?

Please see the answer to this problem in the last page or two.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

great contribution

thanks

I've just a warning in

i am also having this problem. the solution posted previously only fixed the sitemap.php. this is a backend problem when i'm logged into admin.

I have the hide categories mod installed. But when at sitemap.php, the hidden category is listed in the left column. Have browsed through the sitemaps files, but do not see where I can get this removed from there.

Thanks.

i am also having this problem. the solution posted previously only fixed the sitemap.php. this is a backend problem when i'm logged into admin.

Did you have a question or just reporting it? If you have a question, please post the error.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the hide categories mod installed. But when at sitemap.php, the hidden category is listed in the left column. Have browsed through the sitemaps files, but do not see where I can get this removed from there.

Thanks.

The sql command in includes/modules/sitemap.php will have to be edited to check for whatever status entry that contribution uses.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you have a question or just reporting it? If you have a question, please post the error.

Jack

the error is the same as what leolibus posted (that's why i quoted him). i am getting this when i try to work with the sitemap settings in admin:

If the error is the same, then the fix is the same. My guess is that the error really isn't the same or the fix was not applied correctly.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If the error is the same, then the fix is the same. My guess is that the error really isn't the same or the fix was not applied correctly.

Jack

your previous solution only fixed sitemap.php (in the front end). the backend is still getting the error and that is why i asked for assistance. your solution was a simple find and replace, so no, i am sure i did not apply the solution incorrectly.

your previous solution only fixed sitemap.php (in the front end). the backend is still getting the error and that is why i asked for assistance. your solution was a simple find and replace, so no, i am sure i did not apply the solution incorrectly.

Oh, then the error isn't the same. For future reference, please be specific as to what your problem is, not what someone else's is in order to save time. If you are showing an error in admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php at line 271, then edit that file and change line 271 from

if (GetFilesArray($path, &$lines))

to

if (GetFilesArray($path, $lines))

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't seem to get the "standard pages" to display on the sitemap.php page. The categories and manufacturers display fine.

I ran the SQL command on the database that the module requests and got the correct results in PHPMyadmin.

select page_file_name, alternate_page_name, anchor_text, registered_only from sitemap_seo_pages where excluded_page = '0' and language_id = 1 order by sort_order, page_file_name, alternate_page_name

Do I need to do something in the Admin -> Sitemap Seo -> Page Control to get it to display the standard pages?

Mike

First of all: great contribution, works great for me!

Q: Is it also necessary to upload a xml file according to google guidelines for making a google sitemap? I mean, doesn't this contribution do it all in order to let google index your URL's from the sitemap?

Another Q: is it necesarry to display products in categories in your sitemap in order to find product URL's in your sitemap?

See the previous posts regarding the google sitemap.

If you want the search engines to find the products via this page, then they need to be displayed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I do not have "sitemap_seo.php"

I did exactly that in the description but receive the following error:

1. Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home/motodor/public_html/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in /home/motodor/public_html/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

2.Warning: require(includes/boxes/sitemap_seo.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/motodor/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 21

Warning: require(includes/boxes/sitemap_seo.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/motodor/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 21

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/sitemap_seo.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/motodor/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 21

First in site and the second in admin.

Please Help....

Hey Jack thanks for a great contribution

I only have one problem. in the Boxes Group Control no box are showing up in the multi-select panel only and therefore not in the front end.

only header_tags.php, information.php and uages.php shows up. I'm using STS and informationpages.

Thanks in advance

If you are using the same infopages contribution that this contribution supports, you have to enable it in the Settings Control section.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons