• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Great contrib that works fine with an RC2 modificated shop.

Just one issue: I have Information Pages Unlimited (1026) and in spite of the information page asked for, Sitemap SEO displays an http 404 error page because it takes the id of the information page which obviously lead to nowhere (ex: www.mypage.com/1 instead of www.mypage.com/information.php?info_id=1)

I'm not sure it's the right forum to comment my problem but as I don't know which contrib you reffer to as InfoPages, and because I think many users could be interested, I decided to post it here.

Sorry if I was wrong and thanks you for you help if not.

Sébastien

Great contrib that works fine with an RC2 modificated shop.

Just one issue: I have Information Pages Unlimited (1026) and in spite of the information page asked for, Sitemap SEO displays an http 404 error page because it takes the id of the information page which obviously lead to nowhere (ex: www.mypage.com/1 instead of www.mypage.com/information.php?info_id=1)

I'm not sure it's the right forum to comment my problem but as I don't know which contrib you reffer to as InfoPages, and because I think many users could be interested, I decided to post it here.

Sorry if I was wrong and thanks you for you help if not.

Sébastien

The infopages code was working at one point but I removed it with one of the edits. Same with the Articles Manager and Page Manager sections. So I have uploaded a new version with those fixes in it. Please let me know if it still fails.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

very nice contribution to me, clear and powerful.

I'm testing and i had these :

-The files with FULL OPTION is not saving options into DB

-The Infopages are not working anymore

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Fab

Advice on forum are Free, Email or Pm to fix your site is work...which I charge for :)

-------------------

Sorry Jack..

-The files with FULL OPTION is not saving options into DB and redirect back to the box control Page

-The Infopages are not working anymore----->Sorry they are working perfectly now...my bad!

---

Just in case someone wants to show only manufacturers that have products linked and not all (this is my case).

Just modify includes/modules/sitemap.php

//mod to hide manufacturers that have no products linked

$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select distinct m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where m.manufacturers_id = p.manufacturers_id AND p.products_status > 0 order by m.manufacturers_name");

replacing original query.

If you want to add to the next release i think it would be nice, it's all your work so didn't want to upload :)

Advice on forum are Free, Email or Pm to fix your site is work...which I charge for :)

-------------------

I don't know what you mean by "FULL OPTION." If you are still having a problem related to that, please explain what it means.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

inside the archive you upped there is a file called :

sitemap_seo_settings_control_ALL_OPTIONS.php

which should enable more controls than :

sitemap_seo_settings_control.php

I renamed the all_options to be used instead of the other one but it's not updating the fields.

Edited by Freeman

-------------------

Oh, I see. That file shouldn't have been in the package and, yes, it won't work. My intention was to put all of the options in one file but that became too involved for the time I had. So I scraped that idea and changed the file so that only the options that can vary with the language are in the settings control page. The other options are common to all languages and are still controlled by the settings in admin->Configuration->Sitemap SEO. It's not elegant, but it does work.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The infopages code was working at one point but I removed it with one of the edits. Same with the Articles Manager and Page Manager sections. So I have uploaded a new version with those fixes in it. Please let me know if it still fails.

Jack

It works. Thank you.

Sébastien

Yes, I see this problem. The fix for it is more than I can do quickly here but I will get to it in the next version.

For the Additional Link Control problem in your other post, have you installed the latest version? That should have been fixed with it.

Here is the link to the Google Sitemap contribution I mentioned. I use the last one by Chemo.

Jack

I installed the 1.3 version by Chemo as you recommended but it does not generate SEO urls. They are all the default http://www.mysite.com/product_info.php?products_id=30

I dont see Chemo having a forum to discuss this so what do you suggest? How did you get it to work? By the way I have the SEO-G contribution not the ultimate SEO contribution.

Thank you Jack

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Doughnuts . . . haha. i said nuts.

Hi Jack,

Followed your upgrade instructions:

Update from Sitemap SEO V 1.2 to V 1.3

1) Replace the following files:

- sitemap.php

- includes/modules/sitemap.php

When clicking on the sitemap.php link, I receive the following mysql error:

MYSQL QUERY ERROR REPORT

---------------------------------------

1146 - Table 'xxxx_xxxx.TABLE_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS where language_id = '1' LIMIT 1

I put the two v 1.2 files back and everything works again.

Do I need to run the MYSQL sitemap_seo_uninstall.php and install the sitemap.sql again ??

I installed the 1.3 version by Chemo as you recommended but it does not generate SEO urls. They are all the default http://www.mysite.com/product_info.php?products_id=30

I dont see Chemo having a forum to discuss this so what do you suggest? How did you get it to work? By the way I have the SEO-G contribution not the ultimate SEO contribution.

Thank you Jack

As far as I know, that sitemap contribution will only generate converted url's if Ultimate SEO is installed. I don't know of a solution for SEO-G.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Followed your upgrade instructions:

Update from Sitemap SEO V 1.2 to V 1.3

1) Replace the following files:

- sitemap.php

- includes/modules/sitemap.php

When clicking on the sitemap.php link, I receive the following mysql error:

MYSQL QUERY ERROR REPORT

---------------------------------------

1146 - Table 'xxxx_xxxx.TABLE_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS where language_id = '1' LIMIT 1

I put the two v 1.2 files back and everything works again.

Do I need to run the MYSQL sitemap_seo_uninstall.php and install the sitemap.sql again ??

Those instructions assume you have 1.2 installed. The install instructions for 1.2 explained what was needed to add the missing items which are causing your problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Those instructions assume you have 1.2 installed. The install instructions for 1.2 explained what was needed to add the missing items which are causing your problem.

Jack

I guess I was not clear enough in my previous post.

1.2 is working perfectly. I wanted to upgrade to 1.3. By replacing the two files mentioned in my previous post, I received the mysql error. When putting the original 1.2 files back all is well again.

Hello Jack from Switzerland,

I have installed your great Contri. in 10 min. No problems, looks great.

I translate also all needet files in german - no problems

BUT my english for this technical world is realy bad and I am also a realy beginner of PHP and all other. So pleas can you tell me what this error meens that I have in the shop, when I go over "Sitemap" and I have this error als in the Admin!

Perhaps in German ;-) What can I do agains this Error? And the other little question is:

Do you mean with "Page Manager" the Extra Pages Infobox" Contri???

Thanks in front so mutch,

Dan.

PS: That is my shop, you will see the Error when you go over Sitemap...

I guess I was not clear enough in my previous post.

1.2 is working perfectly. I wanted to upgrade to 1.3. By replacing the two files mentioned in my previous post, I received the mysql error. When putting the original 1.2 files back all is well again.

When capital letters appear in an error like the one you posted, TABLE_SITEMAP_SEO_SETTINGS, it means a definition is missing in the code. That definition was added in version 1.2. So if you have 1.2 working, 1.3 should not have that problem, unless something is being overwritten. In any event, you need to add the definition so you need to look at the instructions where it explains how to add it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack from Switzerland,

I have installed your great Contri. in 10 min. No problems, looks great.

I translate also all needet files in german - no problems

BUT my english for this technical world is realy bad and I am also a realy beginner of PHP and all other. So pleas can you tell me what this error meens that I have in the shop, when I go over "Sitemap" and I have this error als in the Admin!

Perhaps in German ;-) What can I do agains this Error? And the other little question is:

Do you mean with "Page Manager" the Extra Pages Infobox" Contri???

Thanks in front so mutch,

Dan.

PS: That is my shop, you will see the Error when you go over Sitemap...

You didn't post an error and you didn't post a link to your shop so I can't help with the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, i am so sorry!

The errors go the way, i had a problem with my stylesheet file... but right now I have the two Warnings and I do not know what they want tell me...

Can I only delete the warning-text? when yes, witch file have this warning inside?

Here the warnings:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/www/web217/html/catalog/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 25

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of getfilesarray(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/www/web217/html/catalog/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 128

and here my site

swiss-augenoptik.ch

thanks in front an I hope the question is not to stubid...

dan.

In includes/functions/sitemap.php at line 25, change

if (GetFilesArray($path, &$lines))

to

if (GetFilesArray($path, $lines))

and at line 128, change

if (GetFilesArray($path, &$lines))

to

if (GetFilesArray($path, $lines))

That should fix it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack,

Thanks a lot. Well in my shop, the Warnings are going, but not in the admin under the sitemap seo box...

And I Still have an other Error:

When I go on sitemap in my shop and will show the side in my secound language (english) , then this error is showing:

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Can you also help me with this two errors? (Warnings)

Your Contr is sou great, but it can to mutch for me :-) I do not see and understand all the futures of this great contr.! I see to add the pages, but what means the boxes :-)) Not so importend for me, it looks great and is hopefull great for the SEO... But the "PageManager" means not the Contri "Extra Pages Info" ...this info-sites go directly on the mysql... So perhapse so I will take the Products in the Sitmape...

Thanks in front,

Dan.

I don't know what could be causing the page link problem. If it happened in your shop, I would say it is due to the Search Engine Friendly option being set. But I've never seen that problem in admin and without a clue as to where it is failing, I could even guess.

I didn't understand any of the other parts of your message so I can't comment on them.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That is ok, Jack.

Thanks a lot... with the warning in my admin are I can live - no problem...

But do you have testet in my shop the change form Swiss-Language to english-Language on Sitemap. When I do not can use the english part for the sitemap on my shop, I have to uninstall your great contri(butions)...

In a futured Version, sitemap will run also with "ExtraPage-Info Box"?

Best regards and a nice weekend,

Dan.

Again, without knowing the errors, I'm just guessing, but to use it with a different language, you have to make the changes to the language files for that language. The instructions do not cover that since there are too many languages but just do the same as you did for the English changes and it should work.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack.

Thank you for this contribution.

I installed Sitemap SEO V 1.3 on my site and this work well, but when i send sitemap link for google this error is shown:

Unsupported file format

Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format.

Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit.

Please help me for fix this error.

Thank You.