• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

This contribution fixes many of the deficiencies of the other sitemap contributions. It has been tested in MS2 and RC2 shops but should run in any variation of oscommerce. All settings are controlled via admin. It has the following following features.

- Displays all pages and boxes - no missing links or text

- Displays categories, with or without products

- Displays manufacturers, with or without products

- Links can be sorted

- Links can be excluded

- Links can be set to show for registered customers only

- Sections of links can be sorted

- Sections of links can be excluded

- Sections of links can be set to show for registered customers only

- All links have configurable anchor text

- All links have configurable alternate display names

- All sections of links can be placed anywhere on the sitemap page via admin

- Supports

Articles Manager

Infopages

Page Manager

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Just trying this on my test server in wamp. I noticed that in the admin and catalog that the files in classes did not have the opening

<?php

it just had

<?

which is not a problem unless you have php5.

Once installed, in admin ---> sitemap seo ---> box control

I get

Select a Box

Note: This is a multi-select list so more than one item can be selected at once.

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in E:\wamp\www\coopco.asrock\admin\includes\functions\sitemap.php on line 410

which has

if ($selected_vals[$j]['id'] == $values[$i]['id'])

Yes, you are correct about the <? in the category_tree files. Those were copied from earlier releases and I didn't notice they used that code. Thanks for pointing it out. Also, there aren't any class files used in admin so that can be deleted from there.

As for the multi-select, at line 406 in the admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php file, change

else

to

else if (tep_not_null($selected_vals))

. I think that will fix it but if not, please let me know and I will install it into a php 5 shop.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, you are correct about the <? in the category_tree files. Those were copied from earlier releases and I didn't notice they used that code. Thanks for pointing it out. Also, there aren't any class files used in admin so that can be deleted from there.

As for the multi-select, at line 406 in the admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php file, change

else

to

. I think that will fix it but if not, please let me know and I will install it into a php 5 shop.

Jack

Hi Jack

Thank you for your quick response and remedy. The new code fixed it and the Boxes Group Control page now displays correctly and error free.

Will install in live site tomorrow.

BTW, the contribution is fantastic and the display of the site map is even better.

Thanks. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Although I didn't think to test it in STS. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Although I didn't think to test it in STS. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

Jack

No problems so far regarding STS.

STS users can also template the sitemap page by creating a template called sitemap.php.html.

One issue that I am working out has to do with the Page Editor contribution (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2841). Minor issues that have to do with that contribution and not Sitemap Seo. Page Editor creates links very similar to Page Manager but uses the pages_id instead of the pages_title.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. :)

Jack

Hi Jack

I wonder if it is possible for the field for alt text and anchor text could remain updated. If I make one change, then update, make another change, then update, I lose the previous change.

Jack

Installed this today, and apart from the error mentioned at the top of this page it all works fine. It looks good, but will have to take time out and find out what everything does.

Great contribution.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Hi Jack

I wonder if it is possible for the field for alt text and anchor text could remain updated. If I make one change, then update, make another change, then update, I lose the previous change.

Wow, don't know how I missed that. I know I tested it at one point. Anyway, in admin/sietmap_seo_page_control.php, find this code at line 205

<td><input type="checkbox" name="<?php echo 'exclude_page_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" id="<?php echo 'exclude_page_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" <?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['excluded']; ?> maxlength="2" size="3"></td>
			<td width="22%"><?php echo $pagesArray[$id][$p]['filename']; ?></td>
			<td width="22%"><nobr><?php echo $pagesArray[$id][$p]['display_name']; ?></nobr></td>
			<td width="22%"><input type="text" name="<?php echo 'alternate_name_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" maxlength="255" size="24"></td>
			<td width="22%"><input type="text" name="<?php echo 'anchor_text_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" maxlength="255" size="24"></td>
			<td><input type="text" name="<?php echo 'sort_order_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" maxlength="2" size="3"></td>

and change it to

<td><input type="checkbox" name="<?php echo 'exclude_page_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" <?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['excluded']; ?> id="<?php echo 'exclude_page_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" <?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['excluded']; ?> maxlength="2" size="3"></td>
			<td width="22%"><nobr><?php echo $pagesArray[$id][$p]['display_name']; ?></nobr></td>
			<td width="22%"><input type="text" name="<?php echo 'alternate_name_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" value="<?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['alternate_page_name']; ?>" maxlength="255" size="24"></td>
			<td width="22%"><input type="text" name="<?php echo 'anchor_text_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" value="<?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['anchor_text']; ?>" maxlength="255" size="24"></td>
			<td><input type="text" name="<?php echo 'sort_order_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" value="<?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['sortorder']; ?>" maxlength="2" size="3"></td>

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Wow, don't know how I missed that. I know I tested it at one point. Anyway, in admin/sietmap_seo_page_control.php, find this code at line 205
				<td><input type="checkbox" name="<?php echo 'exclude_page_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" id="<?php echo 'exclude_page_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" <?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['excluded']; ?> maxlength="2" size="3"></td>
			<td width="22%"><input type="text" name="<?php echo 'alternate_name_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" maxlength="255" size="24"></td>
			<td width="22%"><input type="text" name="<?php echo 'anchor_text_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" maxlength="255" size="24"></td>
			<td><input type="text" name="<?php echo 'sort_order_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" maxlength="2" size="3"></td>

and change it to

<td><input type="checkbox" name="<?php echo 'exclude_page_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" <?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['excluded']; ?> id="<?php echo 'exclude_page_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" <?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['excluded']; ?> maxlength="2" size="3"></td>
			<td width="22%"><input type="text" name="<?php echo 'alternate_name_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" value="<?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['alternate_page_name']; ?>" maxlength="255" size="24"></td>
			<td width="22%"><input type="text" name="<?php echo 'anchor_text_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" value="<?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['anchor_text']; ?>" maxlength="255" size="24"></td>
			<td><input type="text" name="<?php echo 'sort_order_' . $id . '_' . $p; ?>" value="<?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['sortorder']; ?>" maxlength="2" size="3"></td>

Jack

Thanks once again Jack for the quick reply and remedy, the new code did the trick. Further testing tomorrow.

Hi Jack:

This is a wonderfull contribution.

I've it installed and seems to work fine with the corrections made in the code for the previous feedbacks.

However I say "seems" because I'm a newbie and do not know if the categories box can be controlled in the Sitemap SEO admin panel or If i made a mistake in the configuration or installation that do not let me select in the "Boxes Group Control" any other box than the defined in "information.php".

What may be wrong?

Boxes that don't have hardcoded links won't show up in admin, at least not correctly. The only way to do that would be to use the code from the categoris box and create and save the links that code creates. The problem with that is that there are many category boxes available so for each one, another set of code would have to be copied and changed. It is just too much to try to code for.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack,

first ... thanx for this contrib! It now works in an STS (not being used as a shop, but as a CMS). I have 2 problems by using SEO Sitmap. MySQL5, and PHP5.

1.) First I had the same problem as Coopco. After making your fix, the listing of the first 36 pages went well, even when updated. But the rest still doesn't keep the updates. (Screenshot attached)

2.) No articles are shown ... I checked the install.txt several times, but cann't find a mistake made by me! (so it doesn't mean, I made none!)

Thany again!! :rolleyes:

Michael

SEO-Sitemap.gif

Hey Jack,

Great contribution!!!

2 little things . . .

1. When I go to Configuration>SiteMap SEO

I notice you can change the heading text. However it does not support other languages. Is there a fix so it can support more languages? I need to add spanish.

2. Is there a way to add a button to generate a sitemap XML file? sitemap.xml

However, it would be best to not auto send to google. I do advanced SEO manually and its best if I send to google myself after I play with the file. You may want to add a second button to create and send to google for other people if you want but I think its best to keep them separate. Just a generate sitemap.xml file is good enough for me.

What do you think?

Thanx Jack and great work!

P.S.

My site is english/spanish.

I'll give you the spanish translations to this if you want them for others to use. I already translated them. Let me know if you would like this.

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Doughnuts . . . haha. i said nuts.

hei

great add on

i have a problem on:

admin/sitemap_seo_box_control.php

the error messsage is :

Select a Box

Note: This is a multi-select list so more than one item can be selected at once.

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 410

Thank you!

Edited by tudoroiuj

hei

great add on

i have a problem on:

admin/sitemap_seo_box_control.php

the error messsage is :

Select a Box

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 410

Thank you!

Post #3 answered this problem:

else

to this:

A new version has been uploaded. It fixes most of the problems found so far. It may not be necessary but I suggest running the uninstall and install files to reset the pages table (or just empty that one in phpmyadmin). The problem with all of the pages not being counted could have resulted in extra pages being added to that table. It would depend on the setup of the shop so I can't say for sure but it is probably best to clear it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1.) First I had the same problem as Coopco. After making your fix, the listing of the first 36 pages went well, even when updated. But the rest still doesn't keep the updates. (Screenshot attached)

2.) No articles are shown ... I checked the install.txt several times, but cann't find a mistake made by me! (so it doesn't mean, I made none!)

1 - I just uploaded a new version that will fix this problem.

2 - Is Articles Manager enabled in the admin->configuration settings? Does the articles box show up in the Boxes Group Control section? Is it not marked as excluded or registered only?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. It fixes most of the problems found so far. It may not be necessary but I suggest running the uninstall and install files to reset the pages table (or just empty that one in phpmyadmin). The problem with all of the pages not being counted could have resulted in extra pages being added to that table. It would depend on the setup of the shop so I can't say for sure but it is probably best to clear it.

Jack

Hi Jack, Thanks for the quick reply. Regarding the new version

1. When I go to Configuration>SiteMap SEO

I notice you can change the heading text. However it does not support other languages. Is there a fix so it can support more languages? I need to add spanish.

2. Is there a way to add a button to generate a sitemap XML file? sitemap.xml

However, it would be best to not auto send to google. I do advanced SEO manually and its best if I send to google myself after I play with the file. You may want to add a second button to create and send to google for other people if you want but I think its best to keep them separate. Just a generate sitemap.xml file is good enough for me.

What do you think?

Thanx Jack and great work!

P.S.

My site is english/spanish.

I'll give you the spanish translations to this if you want them for others to use. I already translated them. Let me know if you would like this.

1 - Hmm, that is a design problem. I had started to add an extra section to do that but then decided on the settings. Obviously, I didn't think that through. I will add that in the next version.

2 - One of this reasons this contribution was written, as opposed to updating the Dynamic Sitemap, which was also mine, is because someone had added an xml sitemap to it. I said from the beginning that that was a mistake, which it still is, as some are finding out. The problem is that the xml sitemap entries won't match the actual url's if a url rewriter, like Ultimate SEO, is installed. That can cause duplicate content problems with the search engines. And since, I think, the majority of sites use a url rewriter, adding xml code to this contribution would introduce the same problem. The best solution is to install the google sitemap contribution by Chemo (v 1.3).

Thank you for the offer of the translations. Please email them if you like and I will add them to the next version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

Hi Jack:

There is any possibility to make the code changes manually from Version 1 to 1.1, without uninstall and reinstall the new version?

I made the two proposed code change for the previous feedbacks in a heavy modified site (that I do not have the expertise yet to manage!).

I need the not documented change (the third one):

- Fixed code in sitemap_seo_page_control.php so the checkboxes are updated correctly.

Thanks!

The only file changes were to the admin/sitemap_seo_page_control.php and admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php files. You can safely upload those to your installation and the contribution will be updated. Although you may want to note what I said about clearing the one table.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The only file changes were to the admin/sitemap_seo_page_control.php and admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php files. You can safely upload those to your installation and the contribution will be updated. Although you may want to note what I said about clearing the one table.

Jack

This is probably faster. However I didnt really follow the clearing table. How does one do that? phpMyAdmin???

Thanx.

- Regarding the Google XML thing, you're right. Its best to keep them apart. Any thoughts on when the next version is coming out for the translation of titles?

Thanx.

P.S. Will send you the spanish versions tomorrow. Kinda booked at the moment.