• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute 'Option Name' Sort Order?

stubbsy

Hi there,

I've been trying to find a solution to sort the 'Option Names' as they appear on product_info.php

At the moment they appear to be random, so if for example my options on a product are

Bike:
Number:   
Year:

I would like to be able to change the order so that it reads

Bike:
Year:
Number:

Does anyone know how this can be achieved?

All the best and Happy New Year

dave

Yes one does, it was on the first results page for me when I searched the contributions.

Happy Hunting

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Well I'm pleased you found it. Do you think I didn't look before asking?

I can't find anything that allows me to specify the order that the attribute option names appear in.

Edited by stubbsy

It is often the case people post without looking at all and as often happens I leapt to a conclusion before reading the question thoroughly.

The sort order is alphabetical on attribute name rather than random.

The sql is

"order by popt.products_options_name"

The fast and nasty way is to add a new "sort order" field to the products_attributes table and manually set the sort order. Then you have to change the sql in product_info.php to retrieve it and also order the results on the value held in this field.

or you could hack the contributions I was thinking of, e.g. Product Attributes Sort Order v1.0, to allow you to set the order in site admin.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

I added this contribution and it works absolutely fine for organizing them alphabetically. I am running into a quirk when it tries to list options that are numbers.

For instance, one of the attribute I have set up is length. The choices are listed like this:

Is there a way to correct this aside from place a "0" to act as a placeholder?

THanks!

Jeff

What contribution, we just got to say none of then do what is required and hack one to do this?

If you are just sorting attributes, did you set he sort order in the shop admin?

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Suspect a search using "sort attributes" will answer that question.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

I installed Product Attribute Sort Order v1.6 and had Quick Attributes v1.1 previously installed.

THe sort order that I set don't seem to propoate to the Quick Attributes contribution and there isnt' a column for sort order in the Quick Attributes Contribution. Is there a known work around that will still allow me to use Quick Attributes?