• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Why works ipn in test, why not in production ?

I have installed paypal ipn latest version in oscommerce RC2a (register globals on).

When I test paypal ipn with a sandbox account, everything works and the webstore receives ipn notifications (after reviewing payments in the sandbox paypal account) so the paying status is being updated.

Whe I use a live account (with the same settings of course) I can use paypal ipn for payments but I don't receive ipn notifications so the paying status is not being updated.

When testing I see the ipn notifications in the server log, but I don't see them when using the live account.

After 1,5 month communicating with Paypal I give it up because their answers will never solve the problem, they can't either confirm if the ipn notifications are sent for the live account (I don't see them in the server log).

Now is my question, why works it in test and why could not work it in live (what could be different) ?

Edited by Felix Scheiffers

I have installed paypal ipn latest version in oscommerce RC2a (register globals on).

When I test paypal ipn with a sandbox account, everything works and the webstore receives ipn notifications (after reviewing payments in the sandbox paypal account) so the paying status is being updated.

Whe I use a live account (with the same settings of course) I can use paypal ipn for payments but I don't receive ipn notifications so the paying status is not being updated.

When testing I see the ipn notifications in the server log, but I don't see them when using the live account.

After 1,5 month communicating with Paypal I give it up because their answers will never solve the problem, they can't either confirm if the ipn notifications are sent for the live account (I don't see them in the server log).

Now is my question, why works it in test and why could not work it in live (what could be different) ?

Problem fixed : http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679

Ordernumber was not always send to paypal so ipn notification could not update order.