• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What contribution to ship from different international depots

alistair.tweed

I am currently doing business in the UK and mainland Europe and shipping from a third party delivery agent the UK. All good.

I am setting up a delivery agent in the US so that I can try to get into the larger US market.

If I succeed, I need a system that will charge the correct shipping costs from the US depot to customers in the US and charge the correct costs for UK customers from the UK depot.

What contribution will do this?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Alistair

You can set up 2 zones and put the correct country into each zone, then create 2 sets of delivery charges and associate the correct zone to each one.

Then I'd create another zone for the rest of the worlds and set up really expensive shipping.

You can also set up extra emails to go to a different address depending on the delivery country.

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

You can set up 2 zones and put the correct country into each zone, then create 2 sets of delivery charges and associate the correct zone to each one.

Then I'd create another zone for the rest of the worlds and set up really expensive shipping.

You can also set up extra emails to go to a different address depending on the delivery country.

G

Hi Geoffrey,

Many thanks for your kind help. OK, I can see how that would work and think I can set that up. It adds some flexibility for other countries too.

Good solution!

BTW, you are looking in exceptionally good shape for 53! Well done! If your good state is planned and worked for, then I hope you will find my site interesting, if not, then I hope you will find it useful! :-)

http://aging-management.com

Thanks and best regards,

Alistair