• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Mindsparx admin

iankil

Hi there,

Thanks very much for this contribution, it's definitley a HUGE improvement on the standard admin section!

Most of my contribs seem to have been installed in to their relevant sections, except the InfoBox. I've fixed this to be in my Tools box.. but as soon as I click on the link the corresponding page is blank!

It takes me to .../infobox_configuration.php which I know is the right file - and the header/footer are there but there's no content to be displayed!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Edit: No worries actually - solved this... was a bit silly on my part! In my include file I didn't include enough in my defining:

Previous:'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_HEADING_BOXES . '</a>'.

New:'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=1', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_HEADING_BOXES . '</a>'.

Edited by leelee2023

• 2 weeks later...

Customers.php error!

Hello Janne. Thank you for this contribution, it looks great. And adorable photo on the front page! I followed all of the instructions but when I click on 'customers', I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'c.status' in 'field list'

select c.customers_id, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_email_address, a.entry_country_id, c.status from customers c left join address_book a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id order by c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname limit 0, 20

Not sure what to do here. Please help me! Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Janne

thanks for a Fantastic contribution, and i agree with all the others that have writen there compliments in here.

the instalation took 20 mins all in all, now i am trying to pimp it a little further to suit my wishes. this idea from Jacko162 was not all that bad, an i am trying to implement it, i have found the code, but im not that PHP perfect to change it.

it would be nice if you could point me in the right direction...

thanks

is it possible to change the styling of the "order totals" box??

from;

Your Order Total is:

Pending: £160.00, Processing: £55.00, Delivered: £0.00, Please Call: £0.00, On Hold: £0.00, On Order: £0.00, Today: £106.00

to:

Your Order Total is:

Pending: £160.00,

Processing: £55.00,

Delivered: £0.00,

Please Call: £0.00,

On Hold: £0.00,

On Order: £0.00,

Today: £106.00

so far so good, i have managed to get the Order Status how i would like it, all i have to do is clean things up a little and then i will post the code i have used.

which replaces the code in catalog\admin\index.php just below the // order summary

to clean things up i will porbably have to edit the catalog\admin\includes\languages\english.php

there no were to upload a picture apart from adding a link to an img, otherwise i would have added one to this post to show you what it looks like

regards

this is my code to change the Order Status from next to each other to underneath each other

swap the code in catalog\admin\index.php between

// order summary and // order total summary but leaving all the PHP brackets for example <?php ?>

/////////////////////////////////

$orders_contents = '';

$orders_status_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_name, orders_status_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " where language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

while ($orders_status = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_status_query)) {

$orders_pending_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_status = '" . $orders_status['orders_status_id'] . "'");

$orders_pending = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_pending_query);

$orders_contents .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, 'selected_box=customers&status=' . $orders_status['orders_status_id']) . '">' . $orders_status['orders_status_name'] . '</a>: ' . $orders_pending['count'] . '<br>';

}

$orders_contents = substr($orders_contents, 0, -4);

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' => TEXT_SUMMARY_ORDERS);

$contents[] = array('text' => $orders_contents);

$box = new box;

echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents) . '<hr style="color:#E3E3E3" size="1">';

///////////////////////////////////////////////

add one define to the catalog\admin\includes\languages\english.php

define('TEXT_SUMMARY_ORDERS', 'Your Order Status Is:');

and then upload... hey presto

Hi Jane and company,

Thanks for sharing this contrib, really enhances the admin!

one slight puzzlement...

I noticed the background, as well as, all the buttons, for instance:

10 best viewed products Viewed

are black and cannot manage to figure out where this is set.

Thanks for any help shedding some light on this dark mystery

jk

Hi Jane and company,

Thanks for sharing this contrib, really enhances the admin!

one slight puzzlement...

I noticed the background, as well as, all the buttons, for instance:

10 best viewed products Viewed

are black and cannot manage to figure out where this is set.

Thanks for any help shedding some light on this dark mystery

jk

it's in the mindsparx admin/template/whicheveroneyou'reusing folder

you knucklehead

• 3 weeks later...

HI

i really likes this addon but i can;t make it work with all the other addons :'(

every thing is working great but after installation there is no addons in the menu like

-CMS-SiteMap-OsCommHeaderTags_SEO

-HeaderTags_SEO

-CKEditor 2

-ot_discount_coupon_codes_3_34

plz help me cause i like your addon and really want it

have a good day

rawaby

HI

i really likes this addon but i can;t make it work with all the other addons :'(

every thing is working great but after installation there is no addons in the menu like

-CMS-SiteMap-OsCommHeaderTags_SEO

-HeaderTags_SEO

-CKEditor 2

-ot_discount_coupon_codes_3_34

plz help me cause i like your addon and really want it

have a good day

rawaby

Hello

Its really easy to fix, just add the links to admin/includes/boxes have a look at your old files in "boxes/each file" to see what is missing

/Janne

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.3

Mindsparx template osc Sport 2.2

Mindsparx template Horizon 2.3

+ a few more...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Janne!

Thanks for this contribution!

I have a little problem with products_attributes.php

Can you help me to solve this bug? I've marked in red a little difference in the black background header between the tables... Can you see that?

I don't know how to edit this php file.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Capture.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

this is my code to change the Order Status from next to each other to underneath each other

swap the code in catalog\admin\index.php between

// order summary and // order total summary but leaving all the PHP brackets for example <?php ?>

add one define to the catalog\admin\includes\languages\english.php

define('TEXT_SUMMARY_ORDERS', 'Your Order Status Is:');

and then upload... hey presto

Hi there, for some reason when I used this code, the only thing i do not see is the "Today" total, which should appear last. Can you recheck your codes please? Thanks.

Can someone please post instruction to create a subcategory for V4.0? I can't get it to work the way 2.1 works, it just showing bullets with each link listed as static instead of the usual flyout menu

Edited by ptt81

Hi,

Look for:

<td> <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pixel_trans.gif', '', '1', '53'); ?> </td>

around line 458 and change this in:

<td> <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pixel_trans.gif', '', '1', '34'); ?> </td>

Maybe you need to adjust the 34 a little bit, but this did it for me.

Good luck,

Martin.

Hi Janne!

Thanks for this contribution!

I have a little problem with products_attributes.php

Can you help me to solve this bug? I've marked in red a little difference in the black background header between the tables... Can you see that?

I don't know how to edit this php file.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Capture.JPG

Okay, I am VERY new to pHp coding, so please bear with me.

On the main screen my column headings all look like this: TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS, TABLE_HEADING_FIRSTNAME, etc. How do I fix this? It's making my main screen so wide!

Any help would be appreciated.

Follow Up Autoresponder problem

I have been using your Mindsparx admin template for some time now, and am very happy with it, thank you very much for this contribution.

Today I found one problem, I am interested in the program follow up autoresponder from magneticone.com.

The installation seems very easy, but.....................

My first problem occured when I was asked to put the following code in admin/includes/column_left.php

insert before the last symbol "?>":

require_once(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'm1_fua.adminbox.php');

Since there is no column_left.php anymore, I don't know where to put the code.

I have tried to put it in catalog/admin/includes/header.php

I think it belongs there, but I cannot figure it out.

Also followed the following info found in the forum.

I assume this has to go into the new file wich is placed in the admin/includes/boxes (from the follow up autoresponder contrib)

But this file hardly has any information in it.

It only says:

<?php @Zend;

4147;

/*

When you install a new contribution and it needs a new box in the old column left it means that you need to create a complete new dropdown for it, there is a great guide written by Richard Cranium in the contribution page on how to do this, but I can explain quickly on what you need to do.

If there is a new box in the admin/boxes/ folder that needs to go in to your store you need to strip down the <td><tr> tags and comment out some code and then add some, like the example below, (before and after), it looks difficult, but its pretty simple ones you know how to do this.

Before:

<!-- reports //--> <tr> <td><?php $heading = array(); $contents = array(); $heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_BOXES, 'link' => tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('selected_box')) . 'selected_box=infobox')); if ($selected_box == 'infobox') { $contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=1', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_HEADING_BOXES . '</a>'); } $box = new box; echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);?> </td> </tr><!-- reports_eof //-->

After:

<!-- reports //--> <?php $heading = array(); $contents = array(); $heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_BOXES,

'link' => tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('selected_box')) . 'selected_box=infobox')); // if ($selected_box == 'infobox') { // Add your links here start $contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=1', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_HEADING_BOXES . '</a>'); // } // Add your old links here end // $box = new box; // echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents); foreach($contents as $value) { echo $value['text'];}?> <!-- reports_eof //-->

Also this sollution didn't work for me

I have that contribution installed , but i didnt create a new drop for it, i just placed a link to it in my admin/boxes/tools.php file

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=1', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_HEADING_BOXES . '</a>'.

I have tried a lot, but no sollution yet, anyone???

Hello,

New install of 2.2.RC.2a ->Installed STSV4.6.1 and then Mindsparx_admin_v_4_0_FR.

I've read through and didn't find any solutions yet but I'm experiencing two problems.

1- STS does not appear under the Modules drop down

2 - Column headings appear as the actual table headings (saw a fix for menu but...)

Thanks for any assistance.

mindsparx.jpg

Follow Up Autoresponder problem

I have been using your Mindsparx admin template for some time now, and am very happy with it, thank you very much for this contribution.

Today I found one problem, I am interested in the program follow up autoresponder from magneticone.com.

The installation seems very easy, but.....................

My first problem occured when I was asked to put the following code in admin/includes/column_left.php

insert before the last symbol "?>":

require_once(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'm1_fua.adminbox.php');

Since there is no column_left.php anymore, I don't know where to put the code.

I have tried to put it in catalog/admin/includes/header.php

I think it belongs there, but I cannot figure it out.

Also followed the following info found in the forum.

I assume this has to go into the new file wich is placed in the admin/includes/boxes (from the follow up autoresponder contrib)

But this file hardly has any information in it.

It only says:

<?php @Zend;

4147;

/*

When you install a new contribution and it needs a new box in the old column left it means that you need to create a complete new dropdown for it, there is a great guide written by Richard Cranium in the contribution page on how to do this, but I can explain quickly on what you need to do.

If there is a new box in the admin/boxes/ folder that needs to go in to your store you need to strip down the <td><tr> tags and comment out some code and then add some, like the example below, (before and after), it looks difficult, but its pretty simple ones you know how to do this.

Before:

<!-- reports //--> <tr> <td><?php $heading = array(); $contents = array(); $heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_BOXES, 'link' => tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('selected_box')) . 'selected_box=infobox')); if ($selected_box == 'infobox') { $contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=1', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_HEADING_BOXES . '</a>'); } $box = new box; echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);?> </td> </tr><!-- reports_eof //-->

After:

<!-- reports //--> <?php $heading = array(); $contents = array(); $heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_BOXES,

'link' => tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('selected_box')) . 'selected_box=infobox')); // if ($selected_box == 'infobox') { // Add your links here start $contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=1', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_HEADING_BOXES . '</a>'); // } // Add your old links here end // $box = new box; // echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents); foreach($contents as $value) { echo $value['text'];}?> <!-- reports_eof //-->

Also this sollution didn't work for me

I have that contribution installed , but i didnt create a new drop for it, i just placed a link to it in my admin/boxes/tools.php file

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=1', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_HEADING_BOXES . '</a>'.

I have tried a lot, but no sollution yet, anyone???

I have found my sollution, it had to go into the file catalog/admin/includes/header.php

I added this one:

**************************************************************************************

<?php require_once(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'm1_fua.adminbox.php');?>

</div>

**************************************************************************************

I put it just before the beginning of the stylesheet because it made the stylesheet fall appart, when i put it in any other place.

It came out on top and doesn't interfere with anything else, best of it it works...............!!

Hello,

New install of 2.2.RC.2a ->Installed STSV4.6.1 and then Mindsparx_admin_v_4_0_FR.

I've read through and didn't find any solutions yet but I'm experiencing two problems.

1- STS does not appear under the Modules drop down

2 - Column headings appear as the actual table headings (saw a fix for menu but...)

Thanks for any assistance.

mindsparx.jpg

Update: Fixed #1. Thought I'd read that this had been updated to retain old links (like Modules STS) but mine didn't.

Went into /admin/includes/boxes/modules.php and added a line for STS; see below:

// Add your old links here start

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=payment', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_PAYMENT . '</a>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=shipping', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_SHIPPING . '</a>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=sts', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_STS . '</a>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=ordertotal', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_ORDER_TOTAL .

Still looking for an answer to #2.

Edited by babakt

HELP! I dont know what I did, but now nothing shows up on my Admin main page.

I tried saving a screenshot, but I dont know how to insert it into this post.

Basically I have a header but no content. I click on any of the boxes, like Catalog, Customers, Tools, etc. and still nothing. No dropdown menu or anything.

I have used Beyond Compare to see where I messed up, but I didn't see any differences. Obviously there is, but I dont know what I did.

How do I go about uninstalling this feature and going back to the plain old oscommerce admin so I can start from scratch and rebuild the mess I've created? Or hopefully, fix it?

• 1 month later...

Here are the additional defines to make the tables clean looking.. add then to end of the list in install.txt

// added additional defines

define('HEADING_TITLE_SEARCH', 'Search');

define('HEADING_TITLE_STATUS', 'Status');

define('TEXT_ALL_ORDERS', 'All');

define('TEXT_DATE_ORDER_CREATED','Date Order Created: ');

define('TEXT_DATE_ORDER_LAST_MODIFIED','Last Modified: ');

define('TEXT_INFO_PAYMENT_METHOD', 'Payment Method: ');

define('TEXT_DATE_ACCOUNT_CREATED', 'Date Account Created: ');

define('TEXT_DATE_ACCOUNT_LAST_MODIFIED', 'Last Modified: ');

define('TEXT_INFO_DATE_LAST_LOGON', 'Last Login: ');

define('TEXT_INFO_NUMBER_OF_LOGONS', '# Of Logins: ');

define('TEXT_INFO_COUNTRY','Country: ');

define('TEXT_INFO_NUMBER_OF_REVIEWS','Number of Reviews: ');

define('TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS','Customers');

define('TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_TOTAL','Order Total');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED','Purchase Date');

define('TABLE_HEADING_STATUS','Status');

define('TABLE_HEADING_ACTION','Action');

define('TABLE_HEADING_LASTNAME', 'Last Name');

define('TABLE_HEADING_FIRSTNAME', 'First Name');

define('TABLE_HEADING_ACCOUNT_CREATED','Account Created');

define('TABLE_HEADING_ONLINE','Online');

define('TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMER_ID','Customer ID');

define('TABLE_HEADING_FULL_NAME','Full Name');

define('TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS','IP');

define('TABLE_HEADING_ENTRY_TIME','Time');

define('TABLE_HEADING_LAST_CLICK','Last Click');

define('TABLE_HEADING_LAST_PAGE_URL','Last Url');

define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_CUSTOMERS','Number Online: %s');

Edited by Christopher Neal

I've looked through the forum, but my problem seems to be just a little bit different than everyone else.

Two of my dropdown menu's do not seem to work the correct way. While they 'appear' and I can flow over to them and click on them, they do not drop down like the rest of the menu's do.

mindsparx_problem_1.png

I've modified code in the admin/includes/boxes to match up with the code requirements of Mindsparx Admin, I've added the code to the header.php file, all with no luck.

<div class="chromestyle" id="chromemenu2">
<ul><li>  </li>
<li><a class="headerLink" href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE)?>" rel="dropmenu12"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE ?></a></li>

<li><a class="headerLink" href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SITEMONITOR_ADMIN)?>" rel="dropmenu9"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_SITEMONITOR ?></a></li>
<li><a class="headerLink" href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_SEO)?>" rel="dropmenu10"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_HEADER_TAGS_SEO ?></a></li>
<li><a class="headerLink" href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING_HTML)?>" rel="dropmenu11"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_PAGES ?></a></li>

</ul>
</div>

<!--11th drop down menu -->
<div id="dropmenu11" class="drompmenudiv" style="width: 150px;">

<?php require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'pages.php');?>

</div>

<!--12th drop down menu -->
<div id="dropmenu12" class="drompmenudiv" style="width: 150px;">

<?php require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'affiliate.php');?>

</div>

Any help that any of you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Naloomi

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

It seems to be a very nice contribution.

However in the admin/index.php page I get the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'group by pd.products_id order by pd.products_name ASC' at line 1

select p.products_id, p.products_quantity, pd.products_name from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_quantity <= group by pd.products_id order by pd.products_name ASC

[TEP STOP]

error.png

Could anyone please help me?

Thank you in advance.

It seems that the problem was with this code in admin/index.php:

<?php

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'] > 1) $rows = $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'] * 20 - 20;
 $products_query_raw = "select p.products_id, p.products_quantity, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id. "' and p.products_quantity <= " . STOCK_REORDER_LEVEL . " group by pd.products_id order by pd.products_name ASC";

$products_query = tep_db_query($products_query_raw);
 while ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query)) {
   $rows++;

}
?>

When I removed it, the index page started to look normal, however I am not sure if this has affected the way I see the data in anyway :huh:

Hi guys,

It seems to be a very nice contribution.

However in the admin/index.php page I get the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'group by pd.products_id order by pd.products_name ASC' at line 1

select p.products_id, p.products_quantity, pd.products_name from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_quantity <= group by pd.products_id order by pd.products_name ASC

[TEP STOP]

error.png

Could anyone please help me?

Thank you in advance.