• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Mindsparx admin

iankil

Hi!

I think that you have an older version of oscommerce, the earlier admins dont have support for creating administrators (i think) , and im not sure if the logoff feature is compatible with your version.

And.... i forgot to say that if you want to install the Rising sun skin from Stephan on version 2.1 you need to move the images from admin/mindsparx_admin/template/risingsun/chrometheme to the image folder in the same directory. And then copy ddsmoothmenu.css and the js folder from the "blue" theme in to the "risingsin" theme... since we have installed a new dropmenu.

/Janne.K

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.3

Mindsparx template osc Sport 2.2

Mindsparx template Horizon 2.3

+ a few more...

CGhoST,

about mindsparx_specials

it should be pretty easy to make the box even, looka at this line <td align="left" valign="top"><div style="padding-top:10px;">

if you add a height to the <td> and remove some of the padding it should be ok, something like this:

<td align="left" height="30px" valign="top"><div style="padding-top:5px;">

Try different settings and it should be ok.

About the info and buy now button , there is no info or buy now button for that contribution, but for the info button it should look something like this

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('more_info.gif') . '</a>

Im not sure about the buy now button, as it requires more code to the whole mindsparx_specials contrib.

When looking at the code you pasted i can see that you are using variables from $featured_products, i dont know where that came from. I looked at my codes and couldnt find it there so that must be something you have done, anyway if you are using the $featured_products variable use this code instead for your info button

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('more_info.gif') . '</a>

im not sure if i understood your question :rolleyes:

/Janne.K

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

Hi!

I think that you have an older version of oscommerce, the earlier admins dont have support for creating administrators (i think) , and im not sure if the logoff feature is compatible with your version.

/Janne.K

I am using OSC 2.2-MS2.

I am using OSC 2.2-MS2.

Ok, anyone else with the same problem? might be something i forgot when uploading the latest version...

Btw, im about to upload mindsparx_admin for v3.0 Alpha, so anyone who likes the look of this admin there is one for v3.0 in a sec

/Janne.K

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

Sorry about the .png files, will upload seperate .gif, .png skins in the future.

Two Questions.

1. How can I change the background image in Star Product as it's currently using the same as Mindsparx Specials. EDIT: FIXED see last line

2. Concerning Mindsparx Specials, I wanted 3 Columns instead of 2, I got that working but everytime I refresh the page some of the icons get 5 Padding at the top & bottom and some don't. What am I missing?

Image2.jpg

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',

'params' => ' ',

'text' => '

<table class="box_outline3" width="99%" border="0" cellspacing="10" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="left" valign="top"><div style="padding-top:5px;"><a class="specials_name" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a></div><div align="left" class="specials_desc">'.$show['desc'].'...</div></td>

<td width="80" rowspan="3" align="center" valign="middle"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td height="20" align="center" class="specials_old_price" valign="bottom">'. SPECIALS_OLD_PRICE .'<s>' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td height="30" valign="top"><table align="center" width="96" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="center" width="96" height="26" background="images/special_price.png"><span class="specials_price">'. SPECIALS_PRICE .'' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_prix'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span></td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</table>'

);

$col ++;

if ($col > 2) {

$col = 0;

$row ++;

}

}

To make star & Specials use different background images just edit say line 40 in mindsparx_specials.php

<table class="box_outline3" width="98%" border="0" cellspacing="10" cellpadding="0"> to

<table class="box_outline4" width="98%" border="0" cellspacing="10" cellpadding="0">

And in stylesheet.css

change .box_outline3 { (Soecials' css) to

.box_outline4 {

then add say background-image: url(images/boxbackspecials.jpg);

to the bottom of .box_outline3 and background-image: url(images/boxbackspecials2.jpg);

to the bottom of .box_outline4.

Edited by Stephan (VS)

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"

- Albert Einstein

Hello Stephan, your graphics looks awesome, your shop must look really good.

I think that your boxes changes size everytime the description only has one line. You could increase the amount of text to be generated for the description, or simply add some height to your <td>

look for:

<td align="left" valign="top"><div style="padding-top:5px;">

and add some height to the td , something like this:

<td height="80px" align="left" valign="top"><div style="padding-top:5px;">

that should hopefully do it.

And i look forward to see your rising sun theme compatible with mindsparx_admin v2.1 ;)

/Janne.K

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

YAY Works perfectly, thanks Janne

Image7.png

I'l do the update tonight and make the skin adjustment.

PS any colour/theme you'd prefer?

Edited by Stephan (VS)

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"

- Albert Einstein

If you make the sunrise theme work with the latest version i would be more that happy B)

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

From the shopping cart once I add an item:

Warning: payment(includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php) [function.payment]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/classes/payment.php on line 38

Warning: payment() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.') in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/classes/payment.php on line 38

Warning: payment(includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cod.php) [function.payment]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/classes/payment.php on line 38

Warning: payment() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cod.php' for inclusion (include_path='.') in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/classes/payment.php on line 38

And from the admin panel, under the Payment modules:

Warning: main(/hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_cc_aim.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_cc_aim.php' for inclusion (include_path='.') in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(/hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_cc_sim.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_cc_sim.php' for inclusion (include_path='.') in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(/hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.') in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(/hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/chronopay.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/chronopay.php' for inclusion (include_path='.') in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/admin/modules.php on line 128

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /hdd/2/home/ca/maxelectronics.ca/includes/modules/payment/chronopay.php on line 443

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

I'm running Mindsparx Admin module, Easy Populate, and PDF Invoice.

hello

lyonsperf,

i liked the idea of submenus so i changed the contribution and installed a new dropdown menu that supports multi levels...

So instead of adding more dropdowns you can add them as submenues and save some space.

For those who has installed 2.0 or Stephans fantastic theme, i have added upgrade instructions.

i havn't updated the demo yet but here is a picture of what it can do.

img1.gif

There is a short guide on how to add submenus in the new download, and the code in admin/boxes/ has instructions on how to create subs.

I hope you find this usefull, if not.. use 2.0 ;)

/Janne.K

Hi!

Sorry about that but my word understandig in English is not the best !

I dont understand all content of the guide.

I cant make corectly working submenus.

If you can please put here one example box code wich have 1-2 submenu.

Maybe I can understand that fast when I see the example.

Thank you!

Sorry for my English....

Cheers, Acid

Hi!

Yes it can be a bit confusing to add submenues, but i´ll try to explain, i´ll use admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php as an example.

look for the variable $catalogSub1

here you need to add some <ul> and <li> for your sub menus, a example with two level subs can look like this:

$catalogSub1 = '</li><li><a class="menuBoxContentLink" href="#">Example 1</a>

<ul>

<li><a href="your_link.php" class="menuBoxContentLink">first sub1</a></li>

<li><a class="menuBoxContentLink" href="#">Example 2</a>

<ul>

<li><a href="your_link.php" class="menuBoxContentLink">second sub1</a></li>

<li><a href="your_link.php" class="menuBoxContentLink">second sub2</a></li>

</ul>

</li>

<li><a href="your_link.php" class="menuBoxContentLink">first sub2</a></li>

<li><a href="your_link.php" class="menuBoxContentLink">first sub3</a></li>

</ul>

</li><li>';

When you are done with your submenu you need to ad the variable $catalogSub1 to the links below that code after any '</a>' . , and it should look something like this:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>' .$catalogSub1.

and you will have submenues, Note the two dotts betwen the variable, they have to be there.

you can create as manu subs you need, just name them $catalogSub1, $catalogSub2 etc...

I hope this guide helps,

/Janne.K

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

I figured it out, thankfully.

It wasn't nearly as confusing as I had anticipated, all I had to do was copy+paste the original edit below the "new" menu in categories.php

Thank-you

hehe yeah those error messages can be nasty,

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

Hi!

Yes it can be a bit confusing to add submenues, but i´ll try to explain, i´ll use admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php as an example.

look for the variable $catalogSub1

here you need to add some <ul> and <li> for your sub menus, a example with two level subs can look like this:

$catalogSub1 = '</li><li><a class="menuBoxContentLink" href="#">Example 1</a>

<ul>

<li><a href="your_link.php" class="menuBoxContentLink">first sub1</a></li>

<li><a class="menuBoxContentLink" href="#">Example 2</a>

<ul>

<li><a href="your_link.php" class="menuBoxContentLink">second sub1</a></li>

<li><a href="your_link.php" class="menuBoxContentLink">second sub2</a></li>

</ul>

</li>

<li><a href="your_link.php" class="menuBoxContentLink">first sub2</a></li>

<li><a href="your_link.php" class="menuBoxContentLink">first sub3</a></li>

</ul>

</li><li>';

When you are done with your submenu you need to ad the variable $catalogSub1 to the links below that code after any '</a>' . , and it should look something like this:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>' .$catalogSub1.

and you will have submenues, Note the two dotts betwen the variable, they have to be there.

you can create as manu subs you need, just name them $catalogSub1, $catalogSub2 etc...

I hope this guide helps,

/Janne.K

Wooow! :D

Its working!

Now I understand!

Many thanx for your help!

lol

Cheers, Acid

Okay!

I want to giving back something!

One of my friends maked a small code for listing top referal urls data from supertracker contribution!

If you have supertracker just put the code somewhere on your admin/index.php

This will be listing top referrer site urls to your site.(Like star product)

I hope this is helpfull someone !

shop.png

<table width="428" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
			<tr>
			  <td height="25" background="mindsparx_admin/template/<?php  echo ADMIN_TEMPLATE?>/images/adm_box_1.gif"><table width="428" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
				<tr>
				  <td>   <span class="text" style="font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF;">Top ref</span></td>
				  <td width="100" align="center"><span class="text" style="font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF;">count</span></td>
				</tr>
			  </table></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
			  <td background="mindsparx_admin/template/<?php  echo ADMIN_TEMPLATE?>/images/adm_box_2.gif">
<?php

//---------supertracker top ref
$result=tep_db_query("SELECT *, COUNT(*) as total FROM supertracker WHERE referrer !='' GROUP BY referrer order by total DESC LIMIT 0,10"); // how many links there should be
$i=0;

// table header
echo '<table width="90%" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" class="text">';

// table data
while ($tracker = tep_db_fetch_array($result)) {
$i++;
echo '<tr>
  <td style="border-bottom:solid 1px; border-color:#e3e3e3;"  class="dataTableContent">'.$i.'</td>'.
  '<td style="border-bottom:solid 1px; border-color:#e3e3e3;"  class="dataTableContent"><a href="'.$tracker['referrer'].'" target="blank">'.$tracker['referrer'].'</td>'.
  '<td style="border-bottom:solid 1px; border-color:#e3e3e3;"  class="dataTableContent">'.$tracker['total'].'</td>'.
  '</tr>';
		}
echo '</table>';

?> 
</td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
			  <td height="10" background="mindsparx_admin/template/<?php  echo ADMIN_TEMPLATE?>/images/adm_box_3.gif"></td>
			</tr>
		  </table>

</td>

</tr>
</table>

Thats it!

Sorry for my English

Edited by acidrush

Looking good guys :D

Keep them coming and thanks Stephan for updating your theme to 2.1

/Janne.K

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

Hi,

I have installed the mindsparx admin and think its great, however there are a few little things i want to do..

Firstly, on the orders area, i want this to only show orders that are pending?

Secondly, i would like the customers area to show say 10 customers newest at the top?

Any ideas? Code that someone could supply?

Simon

Great contrib. I have it installed and everything seems to work. But my layout does not look like the demo. I only have what ever I click on showing, not several items (Customers, Orders, Customers Online) on one page like in the Mindsparx Admin. Anything I can do to fix it?

Admin.jpg

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by tomb321

Great contrib. I have it installed and everything seems to work. But my layout does not look like the demo. I only have what ever I click on showing, not several items (Customers, Orders, Customers Online) on one page like in the Mindsparx Admin. Anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

Tom

Nevermind. Once I restarted my browser it was working.

Tom

Yes this works with STS,

Please contact me instead of asking about my work here this thread is only for the contribution.

/Janne.k

I've been able to get the Mindsparx working fine with OSC V2.2

I've been able to get STS 4.5.8 working fine with OSC V2.2

I can't seem to get Mindsparx admin working together with STS 4.5.8

I tried installing Mindsparx first and installing STS first on a clean OSC V2.2 install. But am kinda stuck.

Are there any tricks I need to know to have both these contribs working together nicely?

Very nice contrib. I can see it will be very useful so I want to get the 2 contribs playing nicely together.

/ Scott

Hello

I have installed it on a few STS shops without any problems, so im not sure why this is not working for you. Anyone else with the same problem? might be something im missing

/Janne.K

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

Hello

I have installed it on a few STS shops without any problems, so im not sure why this is not working for you. Anyone else with the same problem? might be something im missing

/Janne.K

OK. I'll keep after it. I must be missing something. It sounds like maybe I need to install STS first and then Mindsparx Admin second.

Thanks,

Scott