• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Finally done my store

infit

its a template right? Its sleek and nice looking, but not your design.

You dont have an actual contact form, which usually irks me when i go to a store. You should put the stock oscommerce form in your store, and if you get spammers, add the VVC contribution

Your "customer service" box in the top right does not match your site at all

Your categories display differently depending on where i am on your site. fromt he home page it looks like the dynamenu flyout menu, but when I went to the product info page, it dropped down!

Your product descriptions need, well, description. You are trying to sell to people. Write them as if you had a human standing in front of you and you are trying to tell them when they should buy that over a walmart home decor item

Move your ADD TO CART button up. Having it that far at the bottom of a screen makes it seem less important, when in fact the BUY NOW button is the #2 thing you want the customer to see (aside fromt he product image)

when i add something to cart and then click CHECKOUT i get an error

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

its a template right? Its sleek and nice looking, but not your design.

thanks linda...

that's right its a template, i had redesign and just trying to modification in stylesheet.css file, footer and header etc.....because iam new a man in php.....basicly am designer.

thanks to oscommerce and many thanks to you.....! i'll try to fix your advise....

simandra

• 3 weeks later...

I like the design very nice bright colors which keeps me interested, you have done a very good job with your site.

Im just starting to work on my site. I love the way you display your items within the categories, in a table format. If you don't mind or have the time could you please direct me to where I may find some information on displaying my items that way instead of the one column way oscommerce allows you to display them now.

2Johnsons

• 3 weeks later...

You show an SSL logo on each page but during the checkout process/account creation you are not using it.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

I like the design very nice bright colors which keeps me interested, you have done a very good job with your site.

Im just starting to work on my site. I love the way you display your items within the categories, in a table format. If you don't mind or have the time could you please direct me to where I may find some information on displaying my items that way instead of the one column way oscommerce allows you to display them now.

2Johnsons

Try this one:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/112

Archived