• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Eco friedly bags - new shop

piercasbbd

Hi,

We started new OsCommerce e-shop www.bagslove.com . Our main worry - product display. In our first project www.skinslove.com all product we placed ir sintetic, computer graphic way and style. At bags shop we put photos of bags in more authentic, more sophisticated style - ggraphics, calm colors and so on... Maybe You have expierence about such product placing - does it helps to sell more, or just useless ? Or maybe You have some comments on this product placement? Also all comments on e-shop programming and design are welcome :)

Thanks,

piercasbbd

hah i like your shit bags.. I love that you even show some cat poop in it.

I like the idea of having normal images of your products, kind of like american apparel did.. HOWEVER, i think it might be cool to get more pictures of people wearing the bags too..

The navigation threw me for a loop for a minute. Because your tags at the top kind of blend in with your background, it was hard to figure out where to go to find OTHER bags.. My eyes automatically go to the left column for that kind of stuff.. Maybe adding a categories box there too will help a little.. OR make the buttons up top a little more obvious

the other thing i noticed while clicking through is that with SOME of your products, you can hover over the images below to show them in themain product image window, and other times that doesnt happen//

oh yea, clicking wallet bags brought me to shopping bags.. not wallets

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

thanks lindsayanng

We there arguing a lot about categories box on the left - is it really necessary? Our idea was not to put menu on the left, but to put menu on bar on the top... All other suggestion we'll fix :)

i do not think it is nessecary HOWEVER if you choose not to do that, you have to make it VERY obvious that your navigation is in the header.. and since the color of those buttons is the same as the background, it is NOT obvious.. You can make them maybe WHITE or some type of cream/beige color

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

• 1 month later...

Archived