• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

auctionTastic

FWR Media

Can you replicate point 2 ? - if yes, how can this be corrected ?

As I said, I will try to replicate it and come back.

In admin/configuration/Auction Listing I have set the end of auction listing to 0 - meaning auction goes inactive - disappearing totally. This indeed happens when there is a bid - the information stays listed in admin and in the highest bidder account.

HOWEVER - when there are no bids on the auction, it does not disappear ???

Could this be related to the following code ?

catalog/includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php

line 475:

$this->sendWinningBidderEmail();

$sql= "

UPDATE " . TABLE_AUCTIONS . " SET status = '" . AUCTION_END_OPTIONS . "'

WHERE auctions_id = '" . (int)$this->auctionCompleteId . "'";

tep_db_query($sql);

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me please.

Example:

Starting Bid: 4000.00

Overbid Amount: 100

The first bid is now $4100.00

I would like the starting bid to be $4000

Is there an easy way to edit oscauctions.php to accomplish this ?

Please ....

In admin/configuration/Auction Listing I have set the end of auction listing to 0 - meaning auction goes inactive - disappearing totally. This indeed happens when there is a bid - the information stays listed in admin and in the highest bidder account.

Can someone verify for me please. Thank you for your time in advance.

I'd like to know as well.

I'd like to know as well.

Apologies to Aletta.

Usually I support my contributions religiously but on this occasion I left this issue too long.

Too much commercial work meant that when I thought about doing this my brain said "Uggggh", then I simply forgot. I will solve this over the weekend.

Could this be related to the following code ?

line 475:

$this->sendWinningBidderEmail();

$sql= "

UPDATE " . TABLE_AUCTIONS . " SET status = '" . AUCTION_END_OPTIONS . "'

WHERE auctions_id = '" . (int)$this->auctionCompleteId . "'";

tep_db_query($sql);

Try this, let me know how it goes and if there are any issues.

Find ..

class auction {

A few lines down find ..

$this->auctions_id             = $auctions_id;

Change to ..

$this->expireAuctionNoBids( $auctions_id, $expires_date, $auctions_high_cust );
  $this->auctions_id             = $auctions_id;

A few more lines down find ..

} // End auction class

Change to ..

function expireAuctionNoBids( $auctions_id, $expires_date, $auctions_high_cust ) {
   if( defined( 'AUCTION_END_OPTIONS' ) && AUCTION_END_OPTIONS == '0' ) { // Auctions are set to disappear on expiry
     if ( strtotime($expires_date) < strtotime( date( "d-m-Y H:i:s" ) ) ) { // date shows the austion has expired
       if ( !tep_not_null( $auctions_high_cust ) ) { // We have no entry for a highest customer bid
         $sql= "UPDATE " . TABLE_AUCTIONS . " SET status = '" . AUCTION_END_OPTIONS . "'
                WHERE  auctions_id = '" . (int)$auctions_id . "'";
         tep_db_query($sql);
       } 
     }
   }
 }

} // End auction class

• 2 weeks later...

Is it still the same?

1.let's say I've got 25 products in stock.

2. One of 25 products added to auction

3. Few bids on the product

4. All 25 products were bought before the auction has ended - BUY NOW

5. The product is out of stock

6. Auction ended – the product added to shopping cart of the winning bidder

7. The winning bidder received a winner e-mail

8. Click on a link - log in

9. The winner can’t pay for the product because it is out of stock and he’s not able to pay for it so he decided to buy another product as buy now

10. He still can’t go true checkout process because in his shopping cart is product from ended auction and he can’t finish the checkout process and he can’t remove the auction product out from his shopping cart..

???

New version of auctionTastic in the future?

Thanks.

ldon

Is it still the same?

1.let's say I've got 25 products in stock.

2. One of 25 products added to auction

3. Few bids on the product

4. All 25 products were bought before the auction has ended - BUY NOW

5. The product is out of stock

6. Auction ended – the product added to shopping cart of the winning bidder

7. The winning bidder received a winner e-mail

8. Click on a link - log in

9. The winner can’t pay for the product because it is out of stock and he’s not able to pay for it so he decided to buy another product as buy now

10. He still can’t go true checkout process because in his shopping cart is product from ended auction and he can’t finish the checkout process and he can’t remove the auction product out from his shopping cart..

???

New version of auctionTastic in the future?

Thanks.

ldon

No I'm not creating a new version for this, as I've mentioned before, currently I don't see it as an issue for the majority.

Hello

I've installed your contribution to my site which is highly modified.

Ive added an auction in admin but product_info.php does not show any of the auction details. In account.php the auction box is there but there is no auction to bid on even though the auction is open in admin.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Hello

I've installed your contribution to my site which is highly modified.

Ive added an auction in admin but product_info.php does not show any of the auction details. In account.php the auction box is there but there is no auction to bid on even though the auction is open in admin.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Does the auction show in auctions.php?

Hello FWR Media,

Yes the auction is showing in auctions.php.

Then you need to go back over the file changes in product_info.php, you must have missed something.

Then you need to go back over the file changes in product_info.php, you must have missed something.

I know, that's the 1st thing I do, check the code because i've missed something. Have gone over the file changes 6 times now, step by step but it's still the same.

The strange thing is nothing at all is showing on product_info.php and nothing on account.php, the changes to account.php are very simple so I'd have though that would have shown the auction.

I know, that's the 1st thing I do, check the code because i've missed something. Have gone over the file changes 6 times now, step by step but it's still the same.

The strange thing is nothing at all is showing on product_info.php and nothing on account.php, the changes to account.php are very simple so I'd have though that would have shown the auction.

No .. an auction will only show in account.php when you have made a bid .. that's why it relates to "your account"

I just tried uploading the copy of product_info.php supplied with the contrib.

The auction details are still missing, so it might not be product_info.php after all?

I just tried uploading the copy of product_info.php supplied with the contrib.

The auction details are still missing, so it might not be product_info.php after all?

I havent a clue then .. this is not an issue with the contribution as it has never been mentioned before .. I suppose you are clicking to the product via auctions.php? as the main product will always be available to buy without the auction ( a much requested feature )

No I'm not creating a new version for this, as I've mentioned before, currently I don't see it as an issue for the majority.

Sorry, I ment new update. Maybe it is not an issue for the majority but generally this make the auction useless in some cases.

Am I right?

ldon

• 2 weeks later...

I havent a clue then .. this is not an issue with the contribution as it has never been mentioned before .. I suppose you are clicking to the product via auctions.php? as the main product will always be available to buy without the auction ( a much requested feature )

Nice Contrib.

Can Auction Product details (Starting Price, Highest Bid, Bids, Time Remaining) be viewed in Category, then bid by clicking on Item, eliminating the need for Auction Products Category?

Edited by live

Nice Contrib.

Can Auction Product details (Starting Price, Highest Bid, Bids, Time Remaining) be viewed in Category, then bid by clicking on Item, eliminating the need for Auction Products Category?

No and there is no plan for this at present.

No and there is no plan for this at present.

Thanks anyway,

I'll keep trying to add Auction Product details (Starting Price, Highest Bid, Bids, Time Remaining) so they can be viewed in Category, then bid by clicking on Item, eliminating the need for Auction Products Category, in product_listing.php, and see if I get lucky!

After 12 hrs of trying: putting the following code after line 82 in product_listing.php, shows all the auction products details in the right category:

$oscAuctions->getAuctionsDetails();

include($oscAuctions->moduleDirectory . 'auctions_show.php');

Yeah! :)

I got a long way to go.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to add only the auction product details (Starting Price, Highest Bid, Bids, Time Remaining), to each item in the category, instead of calling auctions_show.php.

As you can tell, I'm not a developer so any helpful suggestions/replies are greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

The installer is designed to abort if any of the values are already in place. You have obviously previously installed an auctions contribution and some of the database entries are still in place.

You need to search the database configuration table for the configuration keys .. which are ..

AUCTION_END_OPTIONS

AUCTIONS_SHOW_STANDARD_PRICE

AUCTIONS_REFRESH_PAGE

The field to insert was "ALTER TABLE customers_basket ADD auction_product int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'"

For the installer to work these cannot be already in place.

how can I delete this someone please help

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ('End of Auction - Options', 'AUCTION_END_OPTIONS', '1', 'How do you want your auctions to end, select an option: <br />0 - Auction goes inactive<br />1 - Auction remains active but can''t be bid on', 1984, 1, '2006-11-13 19:26:24', '2006-11-11 13:23:56', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''0'', ''1''), ');

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` (`configuration_group_id`, `configuration_group_title`, `configuration_group_description`, `sort_order`, `visible`) VALUES (1984, 'Auction Listing', 'All configuration settings for the auctions module should go here', 1984, 1);

ALTER TABLE customers_basket ADD auction_product int(1) NOT NULL default '0' /* Dans modification */

I try to do

DELETE FROM `configuration` (`configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ('End of Auction - Options', 'AUCTION_END_OPTIONS', '1', 'How do you want your auctions to end, select an option: <br />0 - Auction goes inactive<br />1 - Auction remains active but can''t be bid on', 1984, 1, '2006-11-13 19:26:24', '2006-11-11 13:23:56', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''0'', ''1''), ');

DELETE FROM `configuration_group` (`configuration_group_id`, `configuration_group_title`, `configuration_group_description`, `sort_order`, `visible`) VALUES (1984, 'Auction Listing', 'All configuration settings for the auctions module should go here', 1984, 1);

ALTER TABLE customers_basket DELETE auction_product int(1) NOT NULL default '0' /* Dans modification */

AND IT DOES NOT WORK