• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

auctionTastic

FWR Media

hello,

can anybody say me why in class auctions is notice about pagingFunctions()

// Only run function pagingFunctions() if the called file is auctions.php or account.php
   if ( false !== (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_AUCTIONS || basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_ACCOUNT) ){
     $this->pagingFunctions();
   }

When function pagingFunctions() is called only in auctions.php or account.php file, any auctions for product on the second or next page doesn't work. The auction doesn't show.

I would like to remove this condition, but I don't know the source code so deeply.

Thanks for you advice.

Zdenek

Hi Everybody!

This is my first post looking for help. I've been more than 2 hours looking for the right answer but didn't find any clue, i have the same problem that Zdenek had, but no reply found to his post.

Please help, all the contribution it's working fine but any auctions for product on the second or next page doesn't work. The auction doesn't show.

Thanks in advance and regards from barcelona!

http://www.timeoutrecords.com/subastas

ROB

Hi Everybody!

This is my first post looking for help. I've been more than 2 hours looking for the right answer but didn't find any clue, i have the same problem that Zdenek had, but no reply found to his post.

Please help, all the contribution it's working fine but any auctions for product on the second or next page doesn't work. The auction doesn't show.

Thanks in advance and regards from barcelona!

ROB

Hi I have the same problem!! does anyone knows what to do?

Thanks in advance from Vancouver, BC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

First of all, FWR Media, thank you for this fine contribution. I've managed to install it on a modified MS2.2 store.

I've got the same issue as posted above.

For now i set var $rowsPerPage to 10 in the file: includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php.

This will do fine since i make sure not having more then 10 auctions active.

I've found another little bug;

When the auction comes to an end, and the person with the highest bid is on the auctionlist, and he clicks on the auction during the last second or a second later, the product will be added twice to the shoppingcart.

I'm not sure where to look for, but can somebody have a look and try to replicate that? It might be just an MS2.2 issue.

@Idon

I think you can easily subtract 1 from your stocklevel for the product you throw on an auction. This way your customers can buy the product in your store and you keep 1 behind for the winner of the auction.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have the same problem!! does anyone knows what to do?

Thanks in advance from Vancouver, BC

Open the file

catalog/includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php

and fix the condition

<     // Only run function pagingFunctions() if the called file is auctions.php or account.php
<     if ( false !== (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_AUCTIONS || basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_ACCOUNT) ){
---
>     // Only run function pagingFunctions() if the called file is auctions.php or account.php or (product_info.php with param auction_show=1)
>     if ( ( false !== (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_AUCTIONS || 
>                       basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_ACCOUNT)
>           ) ||
>          (
>           (false !== (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO)) && 
>           isset($_GET['auction_show']) && ($_GET['auction_show'] == 1)
>          ) 
>        ){

Open the file

catalog/includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php

and fix the condition

<     // Only run function pagingFunctions() if the called file is auctions.php or account.php
<     if ( false !== (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_AUCTIONS || basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_ACCOUNT) ){
---
>     // Only run function pagingFunctions() if the called file is auctions.php or account.php or (product_info.php with param auction_show=1)
>     if ( ( false !== (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_AUCTIONS || 
>                       basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_ACCOUNT)
>           ) ||
>          (
>           (false !== (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO)) && 
>           isset($_GET['auction_show']) && ($_GET['auction_show'] == 1)
>          ) 
>        ){

Thanks for this update.

I've editted the oscAuctions.php

It's now possible to see auctions on the second page.

Thanks for this update.

I've editted the oscAuctions.php

It's now possible to see auctions on the second page.

Thankss a lot!!!! :DDDDDDDD

Also working on my new auctions website on second and following pages.

If you wanna see an online demo:

Regards from Barcelona!

ROB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thankss a lot!!!! :DDDDDDDD

Also working on my new auctions website on second and following pages.

If you wanna see an online demo:

Regards from Barcelona!

ROB

Hi!

One week ago i've just realized that i could post auctions on second and following pages BUT now the problem is that when i try to place the bid on items of this second or third page doesn't work fine and redirects me to main page and can't place bid on second or following page.

I really appreciate any kind of help on this matter!

Best regards from Barcelona,

ROB

• 1 month later...

Hello:

In first place excuse me for my bad english,i hope that you understand to me.

My version is Merchant v2.2 RC2a modify by others contributions .

I installed 2 times this contribution but don´t run on my shop.

Directly when i type my direction web on browser , www.spainkits.com ,my computer tell me that the link is broken,and i can´t access to my web.

I try one by one archive and only when i install any of them appear this problem.

Please can you tell me what is all the changes i must do on the instalation to can run this contribution on my version?

Thank you very much,and sorry by my bad english.

Rubén.

@verano1972:

Off topic but worth mentioning...

There are links on g00gle that point to PHP files in your images folder that seem to play Youtube videos.

Did you do that, or has there been a glitch in site security?

:unsure:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

• 4 months later...

Hello,

fantastic contribution, I have osc 2.2 rc2 with tons of addons and I'm really impressed because AuctionTastic works with them really great. I had some problems with Total B2B addon and the "missing argument 3..." in display_price but I think I fixed it by putting $products_id in every occurrence of $currencies->display_price in AuctionTastic files. Also had problems with fatal error "call to undefined function calculate_price..." but I found the solution in this topic (adding to includes/classes/currencies.php function calculate_price). Everything works so f great I just cant' believe it :lol:

BUT

I'm confused about one thing and I don't know am I doing something wrong or I misunderstood the purpose of this contrib :blink:

An exemple:

I have demo product lets say title "A Bug's life" (quantity 1).

I'm putting it on an auction and now: when I click on an "auction products" (link under categories tree menu) it shows me the auction of product "A Bug's life", when I click on it, it shows product page with description and informations about auction (without an add to cart button) - ok that's fine, but when I click on a category DVD Movies->Cartoons and then on a title "A Bug's life" it will not show me the product on an auction but a product with a standard description and add to cart button - that's not fine. Notice that I have qty = 1, so if customer will find the product by going through DVD Movies->Cartoons->A Bug's life it will do the mess. I guess that something could be wrong in products_info.php but I have no idea what.

Hope I described by problem well.

Any help, please? I would be thankful for an advice.

Hello,

fantastic contribution, I have osc 2.2 rc2 with tons of addons and I'm really impressed because AuctionTastic works with them really great. I had some problems with Total B2B addon and the "missing argument 3..." in display_price but I think I fixed it by putting $products_id in every occurrence of $currencies->display_price in AuctionTastic files. Also had problems with fatal error "call to undefined function calculate_price..." but I found the solution in this topic (adding to includes/classes/currencies.php function calculate_price). Everything works so f great I just cant' believe it :lol:

BUT

I'm confused about one thing and I don't know am I doing something wrong or I misunderstood the purpose of this contrib :blink:

An exemple:

I have demo product lets say title "A Bug's life" (quantity 1).

I'm putting it on an auction and now: when I click on an "auction products" (link under categories tree menu) it shows me the auction of product "A Bug's life", when I click on it, it shows product page with description and informations about auction (without an add to cart button) - ok that's fine, but when I click on a category DVD Movies->Cartoons and then on a title "A Bug's life" it will not show me the product on an auction but a product with a standard description and add to cart button - that's not fine. Notice that I have qty = 1, so if customer will find the product by going through DVD Movies->Cartoons->A Bug's life it will do the mess. I guess that something could be wrong in products_info.php but I have no idea what.

Hope I described by problem well.

Any help, please? I would be thankful for an advice.

I haven't looked at this in ages so I'm afraid I can't comment.

I'll try to have a look when I get a sec.

I haven't looked at this in ages so I'm afraid I can't comment.

I'll try to have a look when I get a sec.

Thank you very much for interest in my problem.

I read in description of this addon:

" Products can be bought as normal even if auctioned "

So it is not my mistake and the contribution works perfect.

If you would be so kind ( and have a free time and willingness :) ), please post, is it possible that products on auctions can't be bought as normal? If it is, where do I have to make changes to the code? Or the hard way - is it possible to choose which products can be bought as normal even if auctioned and which can't be bought as normal because auctioned :blush:

Once again thank you for replying ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am having a problem with the prices not showing up correctly on some items. It is very strange. All items are set with a 1.00 over bid, but on some items it shows 10.07 or something like that when it is a 10.00 item that should then be 11.00. I hope someone can take a quick look at this and try to help me resolve the problem. Here is a link to the site: http://allintill2012.info/auctions.php

All items again are set to 1.00 overbid, but here is an example:

$4.00 $4.58 1 2 Days 15 Hours 8 Minutes 10 Seconds

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I aplogize for the silly question in advance :P

I can't seem to find where to create an auction. I can't find any tutorials on auctiontastic either.

Could someone please explain to me where can I create a new auction ?

I had a fresh install of osCommerce before adding auctiontastic.

P.S does auctiontastic work with osCommerce 3.0 ?

• 4 weeks later...

Same question here. Will this contribution work on 2.3.x or 3.0?

Thank you in advance

The answer to my question is a "No", just for anyone who might have the same question.

It is a pitty to see tons of great contributions become useless for newer oscommerce releases.

Coucou,

Actually,

I just used this contribution for a clients 2.3.1 site. I did have to recode portions of it, but all-in-all most of the files were not touched.

Chris

Coucou,

Actually,

I just used this contribution for a clients 2.3.1 site. I did have to recode portions of it, but all-in-all most of the files were not touched.

Chris

Hi Chris,

It's great to know someone has done it. Even the addon package is a bit mis-leading as the auctions module contains subfolders like classes, images, languages, which none of the other modules contain in the 2.3.1

It would be great if you could reveal to us the portions to be altered. It would be of course greater if you would share the portions.

If I succeed in this, I am committed to adding this as a new contribution for a fresh 2.3.1, and of course give credit wherever appropriate.

Cheers

Coucou,

When I get some time, I will try to put together the changes. I made the edits on the fly as required so I will have to go back record the changes.

'when I get time' could be next week, could be next month

Chris

• 8 months later...

Hidden Products v1.0 almost works with AuctionTastic

After installing, I added a hidden product to categories, with no approved customer, and then added the hidden product to the auction page. The product is now only viewable on the auction page. Keeping the product out of view would fix the problem I had with customers being able to purchase the 'one item only' product from the catalog at the same time an auction for it was running. it works up to the point that when click on the auction product a 'Product not found!' page comes up...so my question is why would it show up as an active auction but not when you click on the auction product?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1053

Edited by s_pauley

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello

I converted this contribution for osCommerce 2.3.1. Everything works great.

But I have a little problem. In the e-mail to the customer as a notice of auction, is the price without tax. It's not right for me. How to change the code that the price with tax will be on it? TNX

Joze