• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

auctionTastic

FWR Media

Firstly which version are you using? secondly I can't view your site as there is some "enforced login" code.

I am not aware of any problem like this with a standard install so unless you can suggest otherwise it seems to be a problem specific to your site and it's code.

This is the AuctionTastic 1.0 beta4

Login with the email: [email protected]

username: tester

This is the AuctionTastic 1.0 beta4

Login with the email: [email protected]

username: tester

I haven't a clue .. that page is a mass of errors and javascript .. what I can tell you is that it isn't a problem of auctionTastic.

I haven't a clue .. that page is a mass of errors and javascript .. what I can tell you is that it isn't a problem of auctionTastic.

Thank. I'm re-doing all of it now. Everything was working great and then...

Robert,

What a great contribution. I've managed to install this on a heavily modded website. The admin section works and the auctions are listed. This is really cool.

However, when I click on the auction listing (after logging in) it directs me to the product listing and I am not able to bid. I can't click on anything. No bid buttons

Hope you can help as I obviously missed something.

Thanks for a great contribution

Major Bug Found

I think I installed Beta 3 so this issue may have been addressed with the latest version...

We are using the code and it has already been modified too heavy to update the files or even post a solution to the problem I discovered.

I am only pointing it our here so that it can be included in newer releases of this contribution.

The code to check to insure that the customer is the highest bidder is javascript... Which means that the high bid is only checked against the currently loaded page. It does not check against the database to make sure that the bid is still the highest.....

If an auction starts at $20 with $5 bid increments a user could open the page when the auction first starts and leave the page open for 6+ hours. During this time other user could have bid the item up over $100. This program would still let the first user place a winning bid for $25 since $25 is higher than the high bid of $20 showing on the users screen.

This problem really start to show itself during the last several mins of a auction if you have users try to snipe the item at the last second. We had several times where the system did not record the actual high bidder because someone after him placed a bid for a lower amount.

The fix is simple..... Just place code right before the bid is recorded make sure that it is still a high bid for the item. If not redirect the user back to the auction page with a message tell them "bid was too low...."

Great contrib... Thanks

Timothy

Edited by tmilberg

Major Bug Found

I think I installed Beta 3 so this issue may have been addressed with the latest version...

We are using the code and it has already been modified too heavy to update the files or even post a solution to the problem I discovered.

I am only pointing it our here so that it can be included in newer releases of this contribution.

The code to check to insure that the customer is the highest bidder is javascript... Which means that the high bid is only checked against the currently loaded page. It does not check against the database to make sure that the bid is still the highest.....

If an auction starts at $20 with $5 bid increments a user could open the page when the auction first starts and leave the page open for 6+ hours. During this time other user could have bid the item up over $100. This program would still let the first user place a winning bid for $25 since $25 is higher than the high bid of $20 showing on the users screen.

This problem really start to show itself during the last several mins of a auction if you have users try to snipe the item at the last second. We had several times where the system did not record the actual high bidder because someone after him placed a bid for a lower amount.

The fix is simple..... Just place code right before the bid is recorded make sure that it is still a high bid for the item. If not redirect the user back to the auction page with a message tell them "bid was too low...."

Great contrib... Thanks

Timothy

Timothy you say you can't upgrade but I built this to be modular e.g. there are virtually no osC file changes you just update the module .. are you sure you can't update the module?

re:: your changes could you email them to me with the changes made and their exact location .. would be much appreciated ( email admin at my forum name dot co dot uk )

And thanks for the feedback.

Rob

Edited by FWR Media

Robert,

What a great contribution. I've managed to install this on a heavily modded website. The admin section works and the auctions are listed. This is really cool.

However, when I click on the auction listing (after logging in) it directs me to the product listing and I am not able to bid. I can't click on anything. No bid buttons

Hope you can help as I obviously missed something.

Thanks for a great contribution

Hi and thanks for your kind comments. There's not enough information there for me to assess where your problem lies .. if the problem can be replicated in a brand new install of RC2a and passed to me so I can also replicate it then I can fix it .. other than that .. as I have no other reports of this problem I have to assume it is a local issue.

Hi and thanks for your kind comments. There's not enough information there for me to assess where your problem lies .. if the problem can be replicated in a brand new install of RC2a and passed to me so I can also replicate it then I can fix it .. other than that .. as I have no other reports of this problem I have to assume it is a local issue.

Thanks for the quick response. I will re-do the catalog files since the admin is working perfectly. Hopefully I can figure this out. Hope you don't mind if I get stuck to ask you a more detailed question. (i.e. where I get stuck). I will also put this on a live site if I can not get it to work on localhost.

Feature Request:

Adding a disclaimer to the auction ? Our website will be auctioning off rental cottages for specific weeks so I would like to add to the "disclaimer" that it is only for a given week. (This way I can leave the original listing in tact).

Any thoughts on this, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Are cron jobs not necessary anymore ? (I believe some older version needed this)

Thanks for the quick response. I will re-do the catalog files since the admin is working perfectly. Hopefully I can figure this out. Hope you don't mind if I get stuck to ask you a more detailed question. (i.e. where I get stuck). I will also put this on a live site if I can not get it to work on localhost.

Most certainly post problems here and I'll try to help .. just please bear in mind that I am trying to ensure the base contribution is solid, "local only" issues detract from core bug fixing and can have the unfortunate result of leading potential users to think that the offering is "buggy".

Feature Request:

Adding a disclaimer to the auction ? Our website will be auctioning off rental cottages for specific weeks so I would like to add to the "disclaimer" that it is only for a given week. (This way I can leave the original listing in tact).

Any thoughts on this, as always, is greatly appreciated.

I have noted the feature request, it is not something that I will add at this stage but all feature requests are taken seriously and may be added if enough requests are made. (or seem to benefit the core product).

Are cron jobs not necessary anymore ? (I believe some older version needed this)

Nope

i need help with:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for currencies::display_price(), called in /home/public_html/includes/modules/auctions/auctions_show.php on line 65 and defined in /home/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 86

Warning: Missing argument 3 for currencies::display_price(), called in /home/public_html/includes/modules/auctions/auctions_show.php on line 66 and defined in /home/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 86

Warning: Missing argument 3 for currencies::display_price(), called in /home/public_html/includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php on line 354 and defined in /home/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 86

Fatal error: Call to undefined method currencies::calculate_price() in /home/public_html/includes/modules/auctions/auction_bids.php on line 25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have polish prices in PLN -

my currencies from line 85 to 147

//TotalB2B start
function display_price($products_id, $products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
  global $customer_id;
  $query_price_to_guest = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'ALLOW_GUEST_TO_SEE_PRICES'");
  $query_price_to_guest_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query_price_to_guest);	  
  if (($query_price_to_guest_result['configuration_value']=='true') && !(tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))) {
	 $query_guest_discount = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'GUEST_DISCOUNT'");
	 $query_guest_discount_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query_guest_discount);
	 $customer_discount = $query_guest_discount_result['configuration_value'];
	 if ($customer_discount >= 0) {
		$products_price = $products_price + $products_price * abs($customer_discount) / 100;
	 } else {
		$products_price = $products_price - $products_price * abs($customer_discount) / 100;
	 }
	 return $this->format(tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity);
  } elseif (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
	 $query_A = tep_db_query("select m.manudiscount_discount from " . TABLE_MANUDISCOUNT .  " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where m.manudiscount_groups_id = 0 and m.manudiscount_customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and p.products_id = '" . $products_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manudiscount_manufacturers_id");
	 $query_B = tep_db_query("select m.manudiscount_discount from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS  . " c, " . TABLE_MANUDISCOUNT .  " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where m.manudiscount_groups_id = c.customers_groups_id  and m.manudiscount_customers_id = 0 and c.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and p.products_id = '" . $products_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manudiscount_manufacturers_id");
	 $query_C = tep_db_query("select m.manudiscount_discount from " . TABLE_MANUDISCOUNT .  " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where m.manudiscount_groups_id = 0 and m.manudiscount_customers_id = 0 and p.products_id = '" . $products_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manudiscount_manufacturers_id");
	 if ($query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query_A)) {
		 $customer_discount = $query_result['manudiscount_discount'];
	 } else if ($query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query_B)) {
	 } else if ($query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query_C)) {
	 } else {
		 $query = tep_db_query("select g.customers_groups_discount from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS . " g inner join  " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS  . " c on g.customers_groups_id = c.customers_groups_id and c.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
		 $query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query);
		 $customers_groups_discount = $query_result['customers_groups_discount'];
		 $query = tep_db_query("select customers_discount from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id =  '" . $customer_id . "'");
		 $query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query);
		 $customer_discount = $query_result['customers_discount'];
		 $customer_discount = $customer_discount + $customers_groups_discount;
	 }

$query = tep_db_query("select p.products_discount, c.customers_discount_sign from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS .  " p, " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c where p.products_id = '" . $products_id . "' and c.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
	 if ($query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query)) {
		 $customer_discount_sign = abs($query_result['customers_discount_sign']) / 100; 
		 $products_discount = abs($query_result['customers_discount']) / 100; 
		 $discount = $customer_discount_sign * $products_discount;
	 }

if ($customer_discount >= 0) {
		$products_price = $products_price + $products_price * abs($customer_discount) / 100 * $discount;
	 } else {
		$products_price = $products_price - $products_price * abs($customer_discount) / 100 * $discount;
	 }
  } else {
	 return PRICES_LOGGED_IN_TEXT;
  }
}

function display_price_nodiscount($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
  global $customer_id;
  $query_price_to_guest = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'ALLOW_GUEST_TO_SEE_PRICES'");
  $query_price_to_guest_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query_price_to_guest); 
  if ((($query_price_to_guest_result['configuration_value']=='true') && !(tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))) || ((tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')))) {
  } else {
	  return PRICES_LOGGED_IN_TEXT;
  }
}

-----------------------------------

i also have missing bid button.

Please any support.

Warning: Missing argument 3 for currencies::display_price(), called in /home/public_html/includes/modules/auctions/auctions_show.php on line 65 and defined in /home/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 86

Please any support.

auctionTastic was built on RC2a the display_price() method looks like ..

display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1)

Your display_price() method is modified by what looks like TotalB2B (whatever that is).

It is not therefore an auctionTastic issue requiring support in this thread .. but an issue related to your local modified code which you will have to deal with. Perhaps go through the auctionTastic code modifying where it uses $currencies->display_price().

auctionTastic was built on RC2a the display_price() method looks like ..

display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1)

Your display_price() method is modified by what looks like TotalB2B (whatever that is).

It is not therefore an auctionTastic issue requiring support in this thread .. but an issue related to your local modified code which you will have to deal with. Perhaps go through the auctionTastic code modifying where it uses $currencies->display_price().

ok fine.

any user can give me help . I can pay.

Hi

I'm curious about what Tastic stands for/mean?

Does the category show in the front end Categories? If so, would it be possible to hide it there and instead have a clickable image in either the column_left.php or the column_right.php, which takes the customer to the auction listing?

Do I have to alter the MySql database?

Since you say product_info.php is the file that requires the most editing, would it be easy to use a second file there, let's say product_info_2.php?

Hi

I'm curious about what Tastic stands for/mean?

A play on the word fanTastic

Does the category show in the front end Categories? If so, would it be possible to hide it there and instead have a clickable image in either the column_left.php or the column_right.php, which takes the customer to the auction listing?

Not sure what you mean? an auction link appears below the standard categories. To add an auction link anywhere you would just add the following method to the oscAuctions class ..

function addLinkAnywhere($divclass = 'my_standard_class'){ 

return '<div class="' . $divclass . '"><a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_AUCTIONS).'" >' . AUCTIONS_AUCTION_PRODUCTS . '</a></div>' . PHP_EOL;  
 }

Then call it like ..

$oscAuctions->addLinkAnywhere('my_div_class');

Do I have to alter the MySql database?

There is an auto installer file to be run

Since you say product_info.php is the file that requires the most editing, would it be easy to use a second file there, let's say product_info_2.php?

No it is best as is.

A lot of these questions would be answered if you installed it on your local (pc) server install takes minutes when dropped on top of a fresh RC2a.

Edited by FWR Media

Why don't use a .sql file? I think it's easier to see what will be done to the database. I'm afraid to install anything that might ruin the current settings that I have, like configuration_group_id:s and such.

Would it be functional on a rc1 setup?

Do you have anything major planned for this auctionTastic, in the near future?

Yes I will take it for test run locally.

Thanks for your hard work, FWR Media!

Why don't use a .sql file? I think it's easier to see what will be done to the database. I'm afraid to install anything that might ruin the current settings that I have, like configuration_group_id:s and such.

I can understand that, but I think you'll find the checks done are safe enough.

Would it be functional on a rc1 setup?

Should be fully functional once installed. RC1 should be fine although perhaps you may not be able to use the "drop on top" method of installation, although on a modded shop you would not be able to do that anyway.

Do you have anything major planned for this auctionTastic, in the near future?

My initial focus has been on taking auctionTastic in it's current form to the point where it can be considered "a solid release". It is just about there now which is why I uploaded the newest package.

Once I get more feedback on this release I will certainly consider enhancing it.

Yes I will take it for test run locally.

Thanks for your hard work, FWR Media!

My pleasure .. please feed back if you get the time once tested, it helps me to take it forward.

Edited by FWR Media

In the latest upload I forgot to change a few of the manual install instructions .. new package uploaded hopefully revision 116 will be removed.

I installed your latest version auctionTastic 1.0_RC1_r120 on my localhost over a fresh install and "dropped" the files.

I have one challenge.

In admin -->catalog -->Auction Products

New Product

When I click the arrow next to the javascript calendar, I get the following error:

Your specials.php was patched incorrectly. Look especially for all calls of showCalendar and if they have at least 6 parameters.

I can add the date manually and it works, so it's no big deal.

For the life of me I can not get it to work with my modded site on my localhost.

Do you do installations - for a fee of course ?

EDIT: Feature Request what about a Reserve Price ?

Edited by usvi4me

I find this post a little confusing so I'll disect it.

I installed your latest version auctionTastic 1.0_RC1_r120 on my localhost over a fresh install and "dropped" the files.

And I presume it worked fine?

I have one challenge.

In admin -->catalog -->Auction Products

New Product

When I click the arrow next to the javascript calendar, I get the following error:

Your specials.php was patched incorrectly. Look especially for all calls of showCalendar and if they have at least 6 parameters.

I presume this is on your modded site? and where did you see the error?

Do you do installations - for a fee of course ?

I offer free support on these forums .. for other interest you would need to contact me directly.

Feature Request what about a Reserve Price ?

Request noted.

Sorry about the confusion.

I find this post a little confusing so I'll disect it.

And I presume it worked fine?

No, on the fresh install with the dropped in files is where I get the specials.php error mentioned in my previous post.

Sorry about the confusion.

No, on the fresh install with the dropped in files is where I get the specials.php error mentioned in my previous post.

I'm confused .. that error message does not exist in a standard RC2a and the contribution does not suffer an error where you state.

I need to be able to reproduce the error to help.

I'm confused .. that error message does not exist in a standard RC2a and the contribution does not suffer an error where you state.

I need to be able to reproduce the error to help.

I downloaded and used oscommerce-2.2rc2a.zip

Like I mentioned before, I can put in the date manually and that works fine - I just can't use the javascript calendar to fill in the date. All else works. What a great contribution.

I might contact you later if I can not get this to work on the "real" website.

FWR its any chance to hide auction starting price after first bidding? 2,23 - to X,XX

Yes .. you would need to modify the existing code.

Apologies for anyone who downloaded r120 the manual install file (install_modify_files.html) had some incorrect data.

auctionTastic_1.0_RC1_r122 is corrected the rest of the files are the same.