• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

auctionTastic

FWR Media

a ) Well done you are rich :)

b ) Get a replacement in real fast for the auction winner :)

Jokes aside it may be something to add but atm I'm concentrating on core function.

1.I'm just trying to help. (hours of testing)

2.As far as is impossible to remove a won (but already bought) product from shopping cart the auction is useless. Isn't it?

I think as soon as somebody will buy the product as BUY NOW, auction for the product should be cancelled and highest bider should receive an e-mail which will inform him the auction was ended as BUY NOW.

I'm sorry I cant help you with script but I'm just beginer in php

IDON

There are different rules for auctions and they vary from website to website. In eBay for example there is a fixed price immediate purchase BUY IT NOW button and there is also a BUY IT NOW button which is removed once a bid is placed thus conforming to a 'normal' highest bidder auction with an expiry date. Also the customer not being able to remove the auction item that has been won from the cart is something that is correct - why on earth did they bid in the first place - to win it, not to win it and then delete it.

I think your BUY IT NOW proposal comes in the form of a request rather than an essential for this contribution. Surely it is better to use the contribution as it is and try to elimintae any bugs/problems so there is a stable contribution before more modifications are done to it which alter the core code before it is a stable release? I personally have taken time out to test, test and re-test on a regular basis and update my findings here and I have also played around with the core code to make some of my own tests but not posted them here as it wouldn't be something that would be going in to a release.

1.I'm just trying to help. (hours of testing)

2.As far as is impossible to remove a won (but already bought) product from shopping cart the auction is useless. Isn't it?

I think as soon as somebody will buy the product as BUY NOW, auction for the product should be cancelled and highest bider should receive an e-mail which will inform him the auction was ended as BUY NOW.

I'm sorry I cant help you with script but I'm just beginer in php

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hallo FWR Media

A little bug here from DK.

we are planning to using table rate shipping weight based.

However when a custumer wins two auctions it only adds shipping costs for the first item. ( works good if custumer only wins one item)

It works perfecktley when custumer buys the items in the "normal way" so I think it must have something to do with the way auctiontastic adds the items to the cart.

Regards Thomas

Thanks Thomas

I'll take a look tomorrow.

@Idon

I agree with the sentiments of Chooch entirely . . let's get the core functionality rock solid before we move on.

Hi FWR,

any update for the work around to display second by second display on catalog/auction.php for every products ?

Tbh Ankur I'm seeing that as a feature rather than a bug.

If anyone can help it would be very appreciated!

1. I want to disable product info without auction. I see on the link by clicking on product &auction_show=1. Please tell me where I can do that (in index.php i suppose)

2. I have installed Account Balance (gift certificate redemption) So I have account balance for each customer. Please explain me how to make following: I want to allow to bid customer if he got some money on account. There is new field in Customers table called customers_account_balance, so I want to allow to bid only if customers_account_balance>something otherwise he gets a message that he's balance is insufficient.

Thanks in advance!

If anyone can help it would be very appreciated!

1. I want to disable product info without auction. I see on the link by clicking on product &auction_show=1. Please tell me where I can do that (in index.php i suppose)

2. I have installed Account Balance (gift certificate redemption) So I have account balance for each customer. Please explain me how to make following: I want to allow to bid customer if he got some money on account. There is new field in Customers table called customers_account_balance, so I want to allow to bid only if customers_account_balance>something otherwise he gets a message that he's balance is insufficient.

Thanks in advance!

You should address that issue in the support thread for the Account Balance. I am unaware of the contribution you refer to but if the auction contribution was modified to accomodate other contributions this project would never get completed. If you ask for advice within your relevant support thread to try to make your contribution compatible with auctions I think you may have more chance of success as no one here probably uses Account Balance and everyone else on that thread would be using it.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

You should address that issue in the support thread for the Account Balance. I am unaware of the contribution you refer to but if the auction contribution was modified to accomodate other contributions this project would never get completed. If you ask for advice within your relevant support thread to try to make your contribution compatible with auctions I think you may have more chance of success as no one here probably uses Account Balance and everyone else on that thread would be using it.

Thank you for your answer. But at least can you help me with question number 1 please?

Thank you for your answer. But at least can you help me with question number 1 please?

What exactly are you asking?

Are you querying about the browser URL or the actual page?

CHOOCH

What exactly are you asking?

Are you querying about the browser URL or the actual page?

I want always &auction_show=1 even if you click on product from index.php

Thank you.

I want always &auction_show=1 even if you click on product from index.phpThank you.

In order to acheive that you need to have direct links to auction items, at present the only link you have is an Auction Products link in the categories infobox.

You could ask FWR to think about creating that code and adding it to the next release and see what he says but it is not something that everyone would want and he seems to concentrating on keeping the code clean rather than tackle requests.

Time permitting I am going to post an add-on infobox to FWR in a few days which I hope will be added to the next release, it will have direct links to auction products via product images, by the sounds of it this is not what you are looking for on your site but it is part of the way there... maybe you can add it and see if helps out.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

If someone interested I've done my second question:

Now each customer must have money on his account to get involved into auction. Here is the solution:

1. Install in upgrade mode Account Balance (gift certificate redemption) contribution.

2. edit /includes/modules/auctions/auction_bids.php

after:

<!-- FWR START AUCTIONS CODE //-->
<?php !tep_not_null($this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->auctions_high_cust) ? 
  $highcust = "0" :
  $highcust = $this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->auctions_high_cust;

add:

//--------------balance checkout
$products_customer_balance = "SELECT c.customers_id, customers_account_balance FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c, " . TABLE_AUCTIONS_BIDS . " ab," . TABLE_AUCTIONS . " ap WHERE c.customers_id = ab.customers_id";
$products_query = tep_db_query($products_customer_balance);
$rows = 0;
if( tep_db_num_rows($products_query) > 0 ){
 while ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query)) {
$rows++;
if (strlen($rows) < 2) {
	$rows = '0' . $rows;
}
 $bala = $products['customers_account_balance'];
}

}
// echo $bala;
//--------------end of balance checkout

Then after:

function validate(form) {

Add:

//----balance chekout
 if(<?php echo round($bala,0); ?> < <?php echo "300"; ?>){
alert('<?php echo AUCTIONS_BALANCE_TOO_LOW; ?>');
return false;
 }
//----end of balance checkout

Define your message in

/includes/modules/auctions/languages/<your language>/auctions_general.php

by adding:

define('AUCTIONS_BALANCE_TOO_LOW', 'Not enough money (for instance) ');

But I still didn't find solution for my first problem. Any help appreciated.

I want always &auction_show=1 even if you click on product from index.php

Thank you.

Well this should be an easy one .. the auction always worked that way until I put in the code so that standard products could still be purchased as "buy now".

in includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php

Find ...

function productShowAuction(){
if( $this->isAuctionProduct() && isset($_GET['auction_show']) && ($_GET['auction_show'] == 1) ){
  return true;
}
return false;
 }

Change to ...

function productShowAuction(){
//if( $this->isAuctionProduct() && isset($_GET['auction_show']) && ($_GET['auction_show'] == 1) ){
  return true;
//}
//return false;
 }

Not tried it but can't see why it wouldn't work.

Hallo FWR Media

A little bug here from DK.

we are planning to using table rate shipping weight based.

However when a custumer wins two auctions it only adds shipping costs for the first item. ( works good if custumer only wins one item)

It works perfecktley when custumer buys the items in the "normal way" so I think it must have something to do with the way auctiontastic adds the items to the cart.

Regards Thomas

thanks Thomas you identified our first bug in core files (dammit).

Could you try the following for me please?

includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

Find Line 271(ish)

// BOF AUCTIONS
	  if( isset($this->contents[$products_id]['auction_id']) && $this->contents[$products_id]['auction_id'] > '0' ){
		$this->total += $currencies->calculate_price($this->contents[$products_id]['auction_price'], $products_tax, '1');
		continue;
	  }
	  // EOF AUCTIONS

Change to ..

// BOF AUCTIONS
	  if( isset($this->contents[$products_id]['auction_id']) && $this->contents[$products_id]['auction_id'] > '0' ){
		$this->total += $currencies->calculate_price($this->contents[$products_id]['auction_price'], $products_tax, '1');
	  }
	  // EOF AUCTIONS

Edited by FWR Media

FWR

I was browsing the cart and found another bit of hard coding. I have modified the file catalog/shopping_cart.php file.

find line 122

'text' => 'Won Auction');

change to

'text' => TEXT_AUCTION_CART_WON);

and then find line 162

'text' => 'Auction item');

change to

'text' => TEXT_AUCTION_CART_WON2);

then go to include/languages/english/shopping_cart.php and add the following lines before the last ?>

define('TEXT_AUCTION_CART_WON', 'WON');

define('TEXT_AUCTION_CART_WON2', 'Auction Item');

I have bypassed the includes/modules/auctions/languages/english/auctions_general.php file but you may want to shift the code there for the next release. It is just a small issue so rather than update you and leave you to amend it I thought I would do it and post here in case others wanted to update it - I hope that is alright by you.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Thanks very much Chooch version updated.

I installed the contrib. I uploaded the files etc. Everything was fine.

After I install the database settings, i get the following in a browser window (roughly translated from german):

Incorrect coding of content

The site you want to open, can not be viewed as an invalid or unknown form of compression used.

The requested page can not be displayed because an invalid or unsupported form of compression used.

What went wrong?

I installed the contrib. I uploaded the files etc. Everything was fine.

After I install the database settings, i get the following in a browser window (roughly translated from german):

Incorrect coding of content

The site you want to open, can not be viewed as an invalid or unknown form of compression used.

The requested page can not be displayed because an invalid or unsupported form of compression used.

What went wrong?

Sounds like php is outputting errors while page compression is on try turning gzip off in admin and see if you can find the error(s).

what it probably is .. in the last version available here it was uploaded in "dev mode" which meant that error reporting was E_ALL.

in includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php find and comment out . .

error_reporting(E_ALL);

there is a post in this thread about it.

Edited by FWR Media

Ehm... stupid question, but how do I start an auction as a user?

And in admin if I click in catalog the auction link (which has no text) i get the error (includes/languages/english/auctions.php) no such file. I searched in the install files, but I don't find an auctions.php language file at all.

Edited by Hunnenkoenig

Ehm... stupid question, but how do I start an auction as a user?

This is an osCommerce auction where you can auction your products to users, not a user auction.

And in admin if I click in catalog the auction link (which has no text) i get the error (includes/languages/english/auctions.php) no such file. I searched in the install files, but I don't find an auctions.php language file at all.

The file should be in admin/includes/languages/english/auctions.php

Ah I found it... I must have been blind yesterday... Thanks for the answer.

Hm... I don't want to auction my stuff... I am looking for a contrib, where the user can auction his stuff.

Is there a contrib for this? Descriptions are lacking precise information on oscommerce contrib pages in general...

Edited by Hunnenkoenig