• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

auctionTastic

FWR Media

Hi FWR,

I have cross check, admin/auction page is working proper.

One new thing want to highlight,

When you bid and press PLACE BID button, if you press more then once within same second without wait it will have multiple entry in the auction bid table

Can we put some time stamp and customer id combination to prevent this happening,

My concern is to stop multiple entry of same bid....

Let me know your feedback on this...

Regards,

AnkurDhoom

Hi FWR,

Any feedback on this information.....

Hi FWR,

Any feedback on this information.....

I could replicate this so it has been fixed.

catalog/includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php

Find ...

if (isset($_POST['placebid']) ) {		 
  $this->placeBid();	   
}

Replace with ...

if (isset($_POST['placebid']) && ($this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->auctions_high_cust != $this->customerId) ){
  $this->placeBid();
} elseif( isset($_POST['placebid']) ) {
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,'products_id=' . tep_sanitize_string($_POST['products_id']) . '&page=' . $this->pageNum . '&auction_show=1'));
}

Edited by FWR Media

@Chooch

I applied the code to the class and left it at that. If you are asking about getting error files from cPanel I have never done it so I can't say unless you are specific about what to look for and where to find them.

Well that code should have killed site operation and just printed two time strings.

Auctions should not be working if you left that code in place.

PHP 5

//error_reporting(E_ALL);

Still the same.

It seems you are the only one getting this Idon

check the oscAuctions.php file for whitespace before/after the <?php ?> top and bottom of the file.

It seems you are the only one getting this Idon

check the oscAuctions.php file for whitespace before/after the <?php ?> top and bottom of the file.

I've nevery seen this problem before.

One my osCommerce shop without aution is running on the same server for few months - no problem.

But this.

I need the auction and I do not know what to do.

I've nevery seen this problem before.

One my osCommerce shop without aution is running on the same server for few months - no problem.

But this.

I need the auction and I do not know what to do.

I can do nothing if I can't replicate the error. A blank screen usually means a reasonable significant error that has halted operations with no fall back error reporting in place, or perhaps errors are all logged as opposed to shown .. is there a file in the folder called error_log?

What is the error_reporting in catalog/includes/application_top.php set at?

Edited by FWR Media

I can do nothing if I can't replicate the error. A blank screen usually means a reasonable significant error that has halted operations with no fall back error reporting in place, or perhaps errors are all logged as opposed to shown .. is there a file in the folder called error_log?

What is the error_reporting in catalog/includes/application_top.php set at?

Maybe I've got it but I'm not sure.

In your manual is:

includes/application_top.php

14- Find ... (Note: If you have SEO URLs installed place this code under that.)

// include the language translations

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

Place directly underneath ...

// BOF: FWR Auctions

require_once(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'auctions/classes/' . FILENAME_OSCAUCTIONS);

$oscAuctions = new auctions($languages_id, $language);

My server "shows green" for sURLs but I don't understand the note.

Where can I place what code?

My server "shows green" for sURLs but I don't understand the note.

Where can I place what code?

If you don't understand the "note" others will .. you need to post details.

Basically a raw install of oscommerce (catalog/includes/application_top.php) would look like: -

// currency

With auctions and seo urls it should look like ..

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1
include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');
	if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){
			$seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);
	}
// EOF: FWR Auctions 
// currency

Edited by FWR Media

If you don't understand the "note" others will .. you need to post details.

Basically a raw install of oscommerce (catalog/includes/application_top.php) would look like: -

// currency

With auctions and seo urls it should look like ..

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1
include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');
	if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){
			$seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);
	}
// EOF: FWR Auctions 
// currency

No ! No ! No!

I DO not understand.

By the way "shows green" is not for sURL but cURL.

No idea what to do.

No ! No ! No!

I DO not understand.

By the way "shows green" is not for sURL but cURL.

No idea what to do.

Sorry Idon.

I spend the time coding and supporting contributions but it's your job to implement the changes. If you can't do it yourself you need to pay someone who can.

I could replicate this so it has been fixed.

catalog/includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php

Find ...

if (isset($_POST['placebid']) ) {		 
  $this->placeBid();	   
}

Replace with ...

if (isset($_POST['placebid']) && ($this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->auctions_high_cust != $this->customerId) ){
  $this->placeBid();
} elseif( isset($_POST['placebid']) ) {
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,'products_id=' . tep_sanitize_string($_POST['products_id']) . '&page=' . $this->pageNum . '&auction_show=1'));
}

thank you its done.....thanks for your reply....

Sorry Idon.

I spend the time coding and supporting contributions but it's your job to implement the changes. If you can't do it yourself you need to pay someone who can.

I've got something:

PHP error messages on my server was off so now I can see all errors:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 716927 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /customers/za3.co.uk/za3.co.uk/httpd.www/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 169

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /customers/za3.co.uk/za3.co.uk/httpd.www/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /customers/za3.co.uk/za3.co.uk/httpd.www/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: require_once(includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /customers/za3.co.uk/za3.co.uk/httpd.www/includes/application_top.php on line 290

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php' (include_path='.:') in /customers/za3.co.uk/za3.co.uk/httpd.www/includes/application_top.php on line 290

I've got something:

PHP error messages on my server was off so now I can see all errors:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 716927 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /customers/za3.co.uk/za3.co.uk/httpd.www/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 169

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /customers/za3.co.uk/za3.co.uk/httpd.www/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /customers/za3.co.uk/za3.co.uk/httpd.www/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: require_once(includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /customers/za3.co.uk/za3.co.uk/httpd.www/includes/application_top.php on line 290

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php' (include_path='.:') in /customers/za3.co.uk/za3.co.uk/httpd.www/includes/application_top.php on line 290

You most certainly do have something.

Warning: require_once(includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

It is not going to work when the required files are not there.

SAFE MODE yuck! thank god PHP are discontinuing that stupid idea.

Oh and re: the sessions error try changing your cache save path to just tmp instead of /tmp

Edited by FWR Media

You most certainly do have something.

It is not going to work when the required files are not there.

SAFE MODE yuck! thank god PHP are discontinuing that stupid idea.

Oh and re: the sessions error try changing your cache save path to just tmp instead of /tmp

Sorry for asking but what exactly do I have to change?

I've got headache from it already.

Sorry for asking but what exactly do I have to change?

I've got headache from it already.

The files of the contribution have to be in the required location.

i.e. the file oscAuctions.php has to be located at catalog/includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php

Some quick questions.

1. Is this like a proper auction of buying and selling like that of ebay ?

2. I have ultimate SEO urls installed and in the documentation it said something about placing right underneath it, kinda got confused there :( should i just place it under the seo urls code finishing ? or at the bottom of the page ?

3. Thank you for this addon :)

Some quick questions.

1. Is this like a proper auction of buying and selling like that of ebay ?

FWR> You can auction your store products and users can bid.

2. I have ultimate SEO urls installed and in the documentation it said something about placing right underneath it, kinda got confused there :( should i just place it under the seo urls code finishing ? or at the bottom of the page ?

FWR> Directly under the sEO URLs code in application top.

3. Thank you for this addon :)

FWR> pleasure.

Can someone please confirm if the JS countdown in catalog/auctions.php has the seconds clock ticking down by default, like it does in product_info.php.

Thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Can someone please confirm if the JS countdown in catalog/auctions.php has the seconds clock ticking down by default, like it does in product_info.php.

Thanks

No it doesn't

No it doesn't

Thanks - Do you see any pros and cons for adding seconds countdown?

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Thanks - Do you see any pros and cons for adding seconds countdown?

Well I didn't see it as being a critical feature . . just want to get the next release as solid as possible atm.

How is it looking to you atm Chooch?

Well I didn't see it as being a critical feature . . just want to get the next release as solid as possible atm.

How is it looking to you atm Chooch?

Be honest with you I'm impressed with the clean coding. I used the French and US versions to test but decided not to use them as they needed much work such as sending the emails outbid notices etc. The US version which is what this was probably based on was not cleany coded from what I remember but the French one was. I know you haven't seen the French one but this is a marked improvement indeed.

Keeping aside the issues I have probably related to the server I think this contribution is at a stage where you can release it rather than beta release it providing the other frequenters to this thread don't spot any bugs. I have reported all my findings and suggestions and find it annoying that I have to find another host to test the contribution but I will.

I still have yet to add the modifications you suggested earlier in the thread but will go through them and add them to see how it goes. I was trying to work out the timing issues before modifying the site but I won't wait for that now, I'll update the code and still try to work out what's wrong with the time difference between catalog/auctions and catalog/product info - I'm still out by 12 seconds. Also the 'won' status isn't showing in admin nor is the option to 'remove' bids/bidders so I need to look in to things unfortunately I don't have as much time as I originally had to test it but will keep at it when I can.

All in all it's a good contribution with lots of potential. You've put a lot of effort in to this.

CHOOCH

Be honest with you I'm impressed with the clean coding. I used the French and US versions to test but decided not to use them as they needed much work such as sending the emails outbid notices etc. The US version which is what this was probably based on was not cleany coded from what I remember but the French one was. I know you haven't seen the French one but this is a marked improvement indeed.

Keeping aside the issues I have probably related to the server I think this contribution is at a stage where you can release it rather than beta release it providing the other frequenters to this thread don't spot any bugs. I have reported all my findings and suggestions and find it annoying that I have to find another host to test the contribution but I will.

I still have yet to add the modifications you suggested earlier in the thread but will go through them and add them to see how it goes. I was trying to work out the timing issues before modifying the site but I won't wait for that now, I'll update the code and still try to work out what's wrong with the time difference between catalog/auctions and catalog/product info - I'm still out by 12 seconds. Also the 'won' status isn't showing in admin nor is the option to 'remove' bids/bidders so I need to look in to things unfortunately I don't have as much time as I originally had to test it but will keep at it when I can.

All in all it's a good contribution with lots of potential. You've put a lot of effort in to this.

It is not your server Chooch, I managed to replicate this problem, the fix I believe is below: -

catalog/includes/modules/auctions/js/countdown.js

find ..

var dthen = new Date(TargetDate);
var dnow = new Date();

if(CountStepper>0)
 ddiff = new Date(dnow-dthen);
else
 ddiff = new Date(dthen-dnow);
gsecs = Math.floor(ddiff.valueOf()/1000);

CountBack(gsecs);

Replace with ...

if(CountStepper>0)
 ddiff = new Date(TimeDiff);
else
 ddiff = new Date(TimeDiff);
gsecs = Math.floor(ddiff.valueOf()/1000);

CountBack(gsecs);

catalog/includes/modules/auctions/auction_bids.php

Find ...

<noscript>
<?php
  $this->auctionsCountdown($this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->expires_date); 
?>
</noscript>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
TargetDate = "<?php echo date("m/d/Y H:i:s", strtotime($this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->expires_date)); ?>";
CountActive = true;
CountStepper = -1;
LeadingZero = true;
DisplayFormat = "%%D%% Day(s), %%H%% Hour(s), %%M%% Minute(s), %%S%% Second(s).";
FinishMessage = "<?php echo COUNTDOWN_COMPLETE; ?>";
</script>

Replace with ...

<noscript>
<?php
  $this->auctionsCountdown($this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->expires_date); 
?>
</noscript>
<?php
 $time_diff = (strtotime($this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->expires_date) - time());
?>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
function Redirect()
{
window.location="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,'products_id=' . $this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->products_id . '&page=' . (int)$_GET['page'] . '&auction_show=1'); ?>";
}
TargetDate = "<?php echo date("m/d/Y H:i:s", strtotime($this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->expires_date)); ?>";
TimeDiff = "<?php echo date("m/d/Y H:i:s", $time_diff); ?>";
CountActive = true;
CountStepper = -1;
LeadingZero = true;
DisplayFormat = "%%D%% Day(s), %%H%% Hour(s), %%M%% Minute(s), %%S%% Second(s).";
FinishMessage = "<?php echo COUNTDOWN_COMPLETE; ?>";
</script>

Edited by FWR Media

The files of the contribution have to be in the required location.

i.e. the file oscAuctions.php has to be located at catalog/includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php

But the file is exactly on the right place:

atalog/includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions.php

and on my EasyPHP it is working.