• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

auctionTastic

FWR Media

Thanks for checking the second issue. Is there any possibility the zip file contained an out of date or untested admin/auctions file? I tried this contribution on a modified and unmodified store - both did not allow the 'won' status to show. I am thinking it may be related to the files I downloaded - sorry for the confusion.

Hmmm I'll dump the new files on my test store and see the result.

Nope works fine .. are you testing on PHP4 or 5?

Edited by FWR Media

3)

Part 1:

Chooch> Also the admin/orders page does not show this auction order.

Part2:

Chooch> This happened on the modified store and I thought it was a bug but obviosuly it isn't. Once the customer uses the checkout the order shows up in admin/orders.php.

FWR> Part 1 says the order does not show in admin/orders .. part 2 says that the order DOES show in admin/orders.

I'm therefore confused.

Sorry for the confusion. Once the auction has ended, does an order show up in admin/orders.php before customer checks out or does it show in admin/orders.php after customer checks out? In both sites the order in admin/orders.php only shows up after customer has checked out - is this the default set-up?

The server is running php5+

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Sorry for the confusion. Once the auction has ended, does an order show up in admin/orders.php before customer checks out or does it show in admin/orders.php after customer checks out? In both sites the order in admin/orders.php only shows up after customer has checked out - is this the default set-up?

The server is running php5+

Same as standard osc nothing is added to orders until the customer checks out.

Same as standard osc nothing is added to orders until the customer checks out.

That's clear enough. I'll see tomorrow if I can work out why the status isn't changing in admin/auctions and update here. Thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi FWR,

I will also recommend to look into admin/auction page,

Once, more then one user bid for same products, i am getting won status and option to remove (both option remove total auction and remove top most user),

when i press remove button to remove top most user

1. all list is removed instead of one entry, and the entry for any user was not listed on admin/auction page anymore?

2.also the product was still in the users cart not return back or added to next customer ,

Plz have a look.....

Regards,

AnkurDhoom

I still don't have an update about why the 'won' status isn't showing in admin/auctions - I'll keep checking.

I did just notice that the Tax is no longer showing up in order totals in checkout_confirmation.php. I returned back to the modified store to check and it is the same there as well. For now what I can see is that on a fresh install and modified store no Tax is showing up at checkout. It seems that this is the case for both auction and non-auction related itms regardless of what is in the cart before going to checkout.

As this happened on a fresh install it could be isolated to my sites/host but I need to take a closer look and work out whats going on and update here later.

CHOOCH

Ok, another update.

I have tested the scenario on both a fresh install and a modified store - both have the same results. I used two different customer accounts to bid on the same item in following manner:

Customer One: Places first bid of 1p

Customer Two: Places first and only bid of 2p

Customer One: Refreshes the page and can see clearly he has been outbid but does not bid. He then checks the t/c box and waits for auction to expire then presses 'place bid' immediately after the auction box states 'Auction Ended'

What happens to me is that the Bid is added to the item and the late out of time bidder is the winner. Can someone please confirm if this is able to happen to them on their site.

FWR, I suppose with the automatic refresh that you gave a modification for after the auction has ended this issue would disappear but it would be a good idea for me to be sure this issue is specific to my host. I haven't added any modifications yet as I am trying to make sure the contribution works properly with my host before fiddling with it.

I still have to return to update with the outstanding issues I have in admin/auctions with status/remove.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Hi FWR,

I will also recommend to look into admin/auction page,

Once, more then one user bid for same products, i am getting won status and option to remove (both option remove total auction and remove top most user),

when i press remove button to remove top most user

1. all list is removed instead of one entry, and the entry for any user was not listed on admin/auction page anymore?

2.also the product was still in the users cart not return back or added to next customer ,

Plz have a look.....

Regards,

AnkurDhoom

I can't replicate this .. well only if there is only one bidder.

Ok, another update.

I have tested the scenario on both a fresh install and a modified store - both have the same results. I used two different customer accounts to bid on the same item in following manner:

Customer One: Places first bid of 1p

Customer Two: Places first and only bid of 2p

Customer One: Refreshes the page and can see clearly he has been outbid but does not bid. He then checks the t/c box and waits for auction to expire then presses 'place bid' immediately after the auction box states 'Auction Ended'

What happens to me is that the Bid is added to the item and the late out of time bidder is the winner. Can someone please confirm if this is able to happen to them on their site.

FWR, I suppose with the automatic refresh that you gave a modification for after the auction has ended this issue would disappear but it would be a good idea for me to be sure this issue is specific to my host. I haven't added any modifications yet as I am trying to make sure the contribution works properly with my host before fiddling with it.

I still have to return to update with the outstanding issues I have in admin/auctions with status/remove.

I just can't see how this is possible .. look at the code ..

if( strtotime($this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->expires_date) <= time() ){
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_AUCTIONS));
}

If the expires datetime is less than or equal to time right now then you are redirected back to auctions and nothing has happened.

What would help is if you put in this debugging code and report back the results when it happens.

includes/modules/auctions/classes/oscAuctions about line 496

if( strtotime($this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->expires_date) <= time() ){
  // BOF: REMOVE ME
  echo 'Auctions end time = ' . strtotime($this->auctions['auctions'][$this->auctionKey]->expires_date) . '<br />' . "\n";
  echo 'Current time = ' . time() . '<br />' . "\n";
	  exit();
  // EOF: REMOVE ME
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_AUCTIONS));
}

Edited by FWR Media

OK FWR,

Can you confirm which php files are used for this purpose i will replace those with your contribution as fresh.....

Sent you beta3 by email.

FWR - there is definaitely a window of a second or a second and a half where even though the Auction Ended sign appears, the late bidder bids and wins. I have double checked this. From my subsequent test even after adding your modified code this still happens. Can you try this for yourself and see? Just check the box and wait for the Auction Ended notice to appear and then immediately bid and see what happens. Again there is a possibility it is related to my host but I don't think that is the case.

If this issue is not specific to my host then it may be a fix to add the modified code to auto-refresh the auctions page when auctions end but have to a buffer so that it starts the refresh process while there is still 1 or 2 seconds on the countdown meaning when the page is refreshed not only will the Auction Ended notice appear but the checkbox and bidding button will be removed - it seems safer.

If these issues don't appear on your sites then obviosly these must be related to my host as they are carried out on fresh installs of oscommerce RC2 and overwriting the files with this contribution.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

FWR - there is definaitely a window of a second or a second and a half where even though the Auction Ended sign appears, the late bidder bids and wins. I have double checked this. From my subsequent test even after adding your modified code this still happens.

Can you try this for yourself and see? Just check the box and wait for the Auction Ended notice to appear and then immediately bid and see what happens.

Frustrating this .. I did and it was fine.

Something to do with the time functions and your server I think.

You still have var $timeZone = 'Europe/London'; set in the osCauctions class?

Also what was the outcome of my debug code?

Frustrating this .. I did and it was fine.

Something to do with the time functions and your server I think.

You still have var $timeZone = 'Europe/London'; set in the osCauctions class?

Also what was the outcome of my debug code?

Ahaa.... Now that was one thing I didn't think of as I didn't know about it. My host is in the USA so that could be it the cause. No FWR, the debugging code didn't help either. I will change the timezone and test a few auctionss with and without adding the debugging code.

I hope to be back in a couple of hours and will test it and update the results here.

CHOOCH

Ahaa.... Now that was one thing I didn't think of as I didn't know about it. My host is in the USA so that could be it the cause. No FWR, the debugging code didn't help either. I will change the timezone and test a few auctionss with and without adding the debugging code.

I hope to be back in a couple of hours and will test it and update the results here.

when you say it didn't help .. what did it print out?

Can we expect auctionTastic 1.0 Beta3 ?

Maybe it will work for me.

ldon

Idon

You have a blank screen, it is not to do with the contribution version .. you broke something.

Download a fresh RC2a .. dump the auctionTastic files on top (takes 2 minutes) you'll find that your problem is localised.

Hi FWR,

I have cross check, admin/auction page is working proper.

One new thing want to highlight,

When you bid and press PLACE BID button, if you press more then once within same second without wait it will have multiple entry in the auction bid table

Can we put some time stamp and customer id combination to prevent this happening,

My concern is to stop multiple entry of same bid....

Let me know your feedback on this...

Regards,

AnkurDhoom

Idon

You have a blank screen, it is not to do with the contribution version .. you broke something.

Download a fresh RC2a .. dump the auctionTastic files on top (takes 2 minutes) you'll find that your problem is localised.

I've done it twice and both times with the same result.

I've done:

1.)Copy original fresh RC2a

2.)Copy upload files from your auction

3.)Run installer.php

4.)Copy modified files from your auction

Result : white screen

One time I've done modification manually.

Different result but still didn't work.

I'm going to try it again and I'll let you know.

ldon

when you say it didn't help .. what did it print out?

I applied the code to the class and left it at that. If you are asking about getting error files from cPanel I have never done it so I can't say unless you are specific about what to look for and where to find them.

I found a possible reason yet am confused why this is causing problems on a fresh install. Here's what I see, when the auction item in product info has xx seconds remaining, if I go to the catalog/auction page to view the listings the same item has an increased time of 11 seconds. If there are 30 seconds remaining on an item in catalog/auctions.php as soon as I go to auction product info I see 19 seconds remaining when I lost maybe 3 seconds maximum going between URL's, no way did I lose 11-12 seconds.

Changing timezone to EST made the gap between the product info page countdown and the catalog/auctions countdown increase by over 4 hours and 50 minutes so I will keep Europe as a time setting as I'm out by 11-12 odd seconds at the moment. After I changed the timezone to EST the product info page still shows the auction as 'Auction Ended' yet the catalog/auctions listing shows nearly 5 hours remain. When I click the auction from the listings page the auction is definitely showing as Auction Ended. Basically there is one auction item, in the listing it shows it is a current live one but when clicked in product info it shows it it has ended.

FWR, if these problems can not replicated by you and other posters are not highlighting similar issues then they are probably specific to my host/server. I wouldn't see the need for you to look too deeply in to anything I have suggested or brought to your attention so far because two main issues - the timing related problems and the non update of admin/auctions status are not showing correctly on a fresh install so it can't be anything other than the server configuration/settings.

I will have to revisit this space in a few days time after I get some more hosting sorted out from a different source.

CHOOCH

Job done

The result: white screen

I'm desperate.

Just a white page with no error codes showing? Where did you add the RC2 install from, cPanel or did you upload it and install using catalog/install?

CHOOCH

Just a white page with no error codes showing? Where did you add the RC2 install from, cPanel or did you upload it and install using catalog/install?

Upload.

osCommerce RC2a is working perfect with "no problem" at all.

White screen appeared after auctionTastic was uploaded.

On my localhost (easyPHP) is everything working fine.

Upload.

osCommerce RC2a is working perfect with "no problem" at all.

White screen appeared after auctionTastic was uploaded.

On my localhost (easyPHP) is everything working fine.

PHP4 server?

Have you made sure that error_reporting is commented out in oscAuctions.php?

Edited by FWR Media