• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Second Currency

Jack_mcs

If you didn't get an error when making the database changes, then you will need to search your database to see what the problem is. If it did fail, it is probably due to configuration group ID being a duplicate. In that case, change the 544 to something else and try again.

Thank you,

i have no problems with this code, i have no sql code for the option:

Switch To Default Language Currency!

Can you help me?

Regards Kummi

Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood. That option is a basic oscommerce option that has been there from the beginning, or close to it. If has apparently been deleted for some reason. You will need to get a copy of the basic oscommerce database and etract the command to add that option and apply it to your database.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

great contrib! but can someone please tell me how i can TURN IT OFF - i've used it for the past few months but now i dont wish to use this! please help!

There's not an off switch. You can try disabling all of the pages in the admin setting. Otherwise, you would have to uninstall it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Is there any way to disable all pages with one word? Else how would i uninstall this?

thanks & sorry for all the questions! :(

There's not an off switch. You can try disabling all of the pages in the admin setting. Otherwise, you would have to uninstall it.

No, you have to enter them all in but there should only be five or so.

To uninstall, reverse the installation instructions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm new to OSC and don't know any php (just html) and I've just installed this, as I need it to show VAT exc. & inc. prices. I've already added Dynamenu and everything was working fine. I had no errors running the sql and have modified all of my own files, but now my home page shows:

'Fatal error: Call to a member function getProductsInCategory() on a non-object in /home/expacouk/public_html/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php on line 319'

Any idea where I might have gone wrong? If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Hi Jack,

Thank you for this great contribution.

I'm using four different currencies of which ZAR is the default.

Now when index.php script is run the prices display in USD unless I select ZAR from the currency box.

When I select ZAR from the currency box and click on our website's header, USD prices are once again being displayed.

By default I would like the prices to be displayed ZAR (USD)

Currently, I have rewritten the .htaccess to redirect index.php to http://mydomain.com/index.php?currency=ZAR/ as a temporary solution.

Please advise.

Regards

Elroy

T

• 2 weeks later...

Basically I've set ZAR as the default currency, yet when my site loads, the prices only displays in $

I need this to display by default ZAR (USD)

Jack any other ideas?

Showing the default currency isn't changed by this contribution. If your shop can't display it then there is something wrong in your shop somewhere. You can remove the changes this contribution makes to try to isolate it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I've installed the add on, however the alt price is not being displayed on checkout confirmation, where it is most needed. There is a new heading now but no currency. Any ideas please? The changed code is as follows:

<tr>
                    <td class="main" colspan="2"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_PRODUCTS . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>
                    <td class="smallText" align="right"><b><?php echo HEADING_TAX; ?></b></td>
                    <td class="smallText" align="right"><b><?php echo HEADING_TOTAL; ?></b></td>
                  </tr>
<?php
  } else {
?>
                  <tr>
                    <?php /***** Begin Second Currency *****/ ?>                  
                    <td class="main" colspan="3"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_PRODUCTS . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?></td>
                    <?php if (tep_not_null($currency_alt) && $currency_alt != $currency) { ?>
                    <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_CURRENCIES . ' ' . $currency_alt . ' (' . $currency . ')</b>'; ?></td>
                    <?php } else { ?>
                    <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_CURRENCY . ' ' . $currency . '</b>'; ?></td>
                    <?php } ?>
                    <?php /***** End Second Currency *****/ ?>
                  </tr>

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Assuming it is installed correctly, both currencies should be displayed on the confirmation page. There is a setting that allows you where not to show the two currencies. Maybe that has the confirmation page in it?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then I don't know what it might be. I checked a few sites with it installed and both currencies show on the confirmation page.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons