• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with "quantity discount" and "customer discount" add ons

acbatchelor

i am using the "quantity discount" and "customer discount" add ons. i have my site setup so that if customers buy at least 4 items they get a discount. i also have a few customers that i give a percentage discount to their account. does anyone know how to setup the quantity discount so that it does not give a discount to the customers that receive the percentage discount from the other add on? the quantity discount add on has an option where it does not give the discount if the customer uses a coupon so i am thinking that there should be a way to disable it when using the customer discount.

I made this on my shop, works like a charm.

In the file catalog/includes/modules/ot_loyalty_discount.php after:

function process() {
global $order, $ot_subtotal, $currencies, $customer_id;
$od_amount = $this->calculate_credit($this->get_order_total(), $this->get_cum_order_total());

Add this:

// Check if customer gets already customer_discount, if yes, disable this module.
$query = tep_db_query("select customer_discount from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'"); 
$query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query);
$od_pc = $query_result['customer_discount'];
	if ($od_pc==0){

Find:

} // end of function process()

Above add:

} // end of customer check

Maybe you have to add $customer_id to the global string, like above.

Have fun,

cosmo

I don't know if you are talking about the same addon as i am. my file that the addon works through is ot_qty_discount but yours is called ot_loyalty_discount. I looked and i have a function process() but some of the code under that is different. example ( i don't have get_cum_order_total). i also don't have "//end function process()" in my file. i have not touched the code, this is the way it came.

i tryed to put this code in there anyway and i get an error when i go to the checkout_confirmation page.

1054 - Unknown column 'customer_discount' in 'field list'

select customer_discount from customers where customers_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

here is the code around this area

function process() {
     global $order, $currencies, $ot_subtotal;

$od_amount = $this->calculate_discount($this->get_order_total());
     if ($this->calculate_tax == 'true') $tod_amount = $this->calculate_tax_effect($od_amount);

if ($od_amount > 0) {
       if (MODULE_QTY_DISCOUNT_RATE_TYPE == 'percentage') $title_ext = sprintf(MODULE_QTY_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE_TEXT_EXTENSION ,$this->calculate_rate($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents()));
       $this->deduction = $od_amount+$tod_amount;
       $this->output[] = array('title' => sprintf(MODULE_QTY_DISCOUNT_FORMATED_TITLE, $title_ext),
                               'text' => sprintf(MODULE_QTY_DISCOUNT_FORMATED_TEXT, $currencies->format($od_amount)),
                               'value' => $od_amount);
       $order->info['total'] -= $this->deduction;
       $order->info['tax'] -= $tod_amount;
       if ($this->sort_order < $ot_subtotal->sort_order) $order->info['subtotal'] -= $this->deduction;
     }
   }

function calculate_discount($amount) {
     global $qty_discount, $order_total_array;

$od_amount = 0;
     if ((MODULE_QTY_DISCOUNT_DISABLE_WITH_COUPON == 'true') && (isset($_SESSION['cc_id']))) return $od_amount;

$qty_discount = $this->calculate_rate($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents());
     if ($qty_discount > 0) {
       if (MODULE_QTY_DISCOUNT_RATE_TYPE == 'percentage') {
         $od_amount = round((($amount*10)/10)*($qty_discount/100), 2);
       } else {
         $od_amount = round((($qty_discount*10)/10), 2);

Edited by acbatchelor

If you receive an error message: Unknown column 'customer_discount' in 'field list', you forgot a step in the installation of customer discount:

ALTER TABLE customers ADD customer_discount DECIMAL(5,2) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

The rest stays the same, I think in your case it should look like this:

function process() {
global $order, $currencies, $ot_subtotal, $customer_id;

$od_amount = $this->calculate_discount($this->get_order_total());
if ($this->calculate_tax == 'true') $tod_amount = $this->calculate_tax_effect($od_amount);

// Check if customer gets already customer_discount, if yes, disable this module.
$query = tep_db_query("select customer_discount from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
$query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query);
$od_pc = $query_result['customer_discount'];
	if ($od_pc==0){

if ($od_amount > 0) {
if (MODULE_QTY_DISCOUNT_RATE_TYPE == 'percentage') $title_ext = sprintf(MODULE_QTY_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE_TEXT_EXTENSION ,$this->calculate_rate($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents()));
$this->deduction = $od_amount+$tod_amount;
$this->output[] = array('title' => sprintf(MODULE_QTY_DISCOUNT_FORMATED_TITLE, $title_ext),
'text' => sprintf(MODULE_QTY_DISCOUNT_FORMATED_TEXT, $currencies->format($od_amount)),
'value' => $od_amount);
$order->info['total'] -= $this->deduction;
$order->info['tax'] -= $tod_amount;
if ($this->sort_order < $ot_subtotal->sort_order) $order->info['subtotal'] -= $this->deduction;
}
} // end of customer check
}

i did do that step but in the contribution it says customers_discount DECIMAL(8,2) not customer_discount DECIMAL(5,2)

i tried to do it anyway. i added the customer_discount to my database and it still did not work, no error but it still did both the quantity and customer discount.

i also tried changing all of your code from customer_discount to customers_discount but it still did not work.