• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS free Ground

I have UPS module (I am pretty sure its 1.8.3) installed and all seems to be working correctly. My client would like to have UPS Ground offered free all the time for all products and still offer other higher UPS services (next day,etc) at their normal price, but I can't see a way to update this anywhere. Has anyone done this previously? Many thanks for any help.

The easiest way, in my opinion, is to install the Free Shipping with Others contribution (I think that's the name). You can then install UPS Chioce and turn ground off.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, thanks for the suggestion. I installed that and I think it will work. My only issue now is that the Free Shipping option on the checkout page has no title. So you see the UPS section, with Next Day and Ground etc, with the price and on the bottom there is a radio button for Free Shipping, but it isn't called anything (there is no label on that option).

Is there a way to add/customize that title? thanks again.

The text it displays is in the includes/languages/english/moduels/shipping/ file. You can try changing that. There may not be any text associated with it - I don't recall. If that is the case, then it could be added but the code would have to be changed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons