• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ajax Domain Search

olsonsp4c

This is the support forum for the Ajax Domain Search addon: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6423

This addon creates a custom page for searching for available domain names using an Ajax Search Form. If a customer wants to purchase the domain, a link is provided to the "Domains" category in your store through which your customer may purchase the domain.

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

there are link toyour selling domain website ? how to make it for own website ,

Message me for my email address or email me through the interface. I need to know what is linking to my site - can you email me a screengrab? I thought I got rid of all the references to my website, bummer.

Scott

there are link toyour selling domain website ? how to make it for own website ,

Azer,

I triple checked and there are no links to my website anywhere in the code. If you follow the instructions it explains how to make it link to your website.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

it would help me if you could post what the undefined variable is, but I'll look at line 82 and get back with you.

Scott

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am interested in using this addon to sell domain names. I have a couple of questions...

1. How would I set up the rest of the service? Ie the domain checker sends the user to the 'Domains' category...then what?

2. Are you using this on a live site?

3. Have you found a solution to recurring payments?

Thanks very much. Sorry for all the questions but it always seems that checking for domains goes with selling domains goes with selling webspace.

Thanks

• 9 months later...

hello

can you help me to install Ajax Domain Search v1.0

Step 1, 2, 3,4,5 is ok

but in Step 6 I found difficulty in items 3, 4, 5.

1. In the osC Admin, create a category called "Domains" is ok

2. Create several products in the category. "Com Domain". Org Domain "etc. ... and set a price for them is ok

3. Open your browser to the category "Domains" and copy the URL (probably ending in. Htm or. Html) NOT

including "? osCsid ..." and paste it into catalog / get.php where it says INSERT_URL_HERE (2 forums)

4. In the same line you inserted the URL in # 3, change the INSERT_STORE_NAME to the name of your webstore (2 forums)

5. In the same line you inserted the URL in # 3, change the INSERT_DOMAIN_PRICE to reflect price of domains in your webstore [ie $ 15] Set in # 2 (2 forums)

thank you in advance.