• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ot_loyalty_discount and paypal

caitanya

Hi,

I've installed the ot_loyalty_discount contribution and paypal ipn contribution. Now in the checkout it is the correct price but when it switches to paypal site the price is without the ot_loyalty_discount. Did someone find the sollution for this? Or am i doing something wrong?

Thank you

caitanya

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I've installed the ot_loyalty_discount contribution and paypal ipn contribution. Now in the checkout it is the correct price but when it switches to paypal site the price is without the ot_loyalty_discount. Did someone find the sollution for this? Or am i doing something wrong?

Thank you

caitanya

Hiya, I am no expert but when mine did that I had to change the sort order in the module to 999, in Admin, Modules, order total, customer loyalty discount.

My sort orders are ship = 2, sub total = 1, tax = 3, total = 11, what happens if you enable cheque as a payment option and follow it through?

As I say, I am no expert but maybe this will help!!

Worth a check :)

Chris

I am also interested in a solution for this. Putting the Loyalty discount at the end (ie 999 sort order) is not the best solution, IMHO. This causes the tax to be calculated on the non-discounted price, which is not the norm in most all cases I have seen.

The discount should first be taken and then the tax calculated.

So the question remains, How can the Paypal IPN be modified to show the discounted price as the Item Total amount?

Anyone?

Nevermind. fixed it.

I am also interested in a solution for this. Putting the Loyalty discount at the end (ie 999 sort order) is not the best solution, IMHO. This causes the tax to be calculated on the non-discounted price, which is not the norm in most all cases I have seen.

The discount should first be taken and then the tax calculated.

So the question remains, How can the Paypal IPN be modified to show the discounted price as the Item Total amount?

Anyone?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ditto

How did you fix it?

I have a feeling your fix may also apply to other modules having similar issues - e.g. the gift wrap module and the shipping insurance module.

Therefore, please, even if your fix was to remove the discount module, please illuminate the rest of us.

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.