• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

easy Pending Order Email contribution problem

Waffa

I just installed http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3539 Pending Order Email

( The purpose of this order total module is to send a pending email order to the shop owner before the customer submits payment, just in case they do not return to the website after payment is made, or do not complete the order

This way you have all the details and can contact the customer to see what the issues were if any.

When the customer arrives at checkout_confirmation.php, the pending order is sent

Features:

Order appears to be sent from customers name and email address for easy email contact. )

and all this contribution asks to do is:

When the customer arrives at checkout_confirmation.php, the pending order is sent to you. In this

version 1.2 this happens only when the selected payment method is paypal or another defined one.

If the selected payment method is invoice or "pick up at store" no pending email will be sent,

because in this case the customer will be doesnt redirected to another site. (i want this script to send EVERY time email)

You can change the payment methods in the file checkout_confirmation.php. If you want to have more

than one method, change/expand the line like this:

if ($order->info['payment_method'] == "Paypal" || $order->info['payment_method'] == "Moneybookers") {

STEP 1.

Upload catalog/includes/functions/pending_order_email.php to catalog/includes/functions/

---------------------

STEP 2.

Upload catalog/includes/languages/ANY_LANGUAGES/pending_order_email.php to catalog/includes/ANY_LANGUAGES/

---------------------

STEP 3.

in catalog/checkout_confirmation.php find

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

Replace with:

<!-- body_eof //-->

<?php

// lets start the pending email

if ($order->info['payment_method'] == "Paypal") {

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'pending_order_email.php');

}

// end email pending order

?>

<!-- footer //-->

---------------------

STEP 4.

in catalog/includes/filenames.php

Insert:

// define pending order email

define('FILENAME_PENDING_ORDER_EMAIL', 'pending_order_email.php');

That's it, your done!

So anyway, i think i did everything as ordered but i missing something.

I post 2 files what needed changes here, so you can see if everything is fine:

Here is my checkout_confirmation.php: http://funbox.ee/asjad/checkout_confirmation.php.txt

and here is filenames.php: http://funbox.ee/asjad/filenames.php.txt

Is there also anywhere any kind of log i can look, if there is any errors generated?

( do not use paypal but i use bank links, SEB, Sampo & Swedbank & pay later option (like you can see from site) - might this be the reason? I think i might have defined the names wrong... i just used the nmes i have in admin panel. Problem whit these links are, that 2 of them do not record order in admin if costumer will not press "return to shop" button in bank, so this is one of the reasons we need this, other one is that shop is new and we think many things might not work or clients are unable to log in to bank

Is there also possible to send instead email when people click "confirm order" ?

Thank You

Edited by Waffa

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

[ I do not speak good English, so I hope ya understand ]

The Updated to V1.1 version does it every time you land on the confirmation page, independent of payment type.

Thank You!

( but You mean downgrade because i use V1.2,1 right now.. )

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

[ I do not speak good English, so I hope ya understand ]