• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ipn, payments never have address added

sugarsnow

I'm having some problems with PayPal IPN, every time someone pays their address is not asked for on the paypal page :( so afterward I have to always input it myself when shipping and I'm not covered under seller protection. I did some test payments with a family members live account but i just can't seem to get paypal to ask customers for an address during payment, theres no comments for seller box also. I was able to get it to ask if they'll provide a phone number but thats it.

what am i doing wrong?

these are the settings I'm using, I've tried the whole encryption thing before but it never works so i use it with that off:

PayPal IPN

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

Move tax to total amount

False

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

Only USD

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Payment received

Gateway Server

Live

Transaction Type

Per Item

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

http://www.mysite.com/ssl/certs/mysite.com.key.pem

Your Public Certificate

http://www.mysite.com/ssl/certs/public.pem

PayPals Public Certificate

http://www.mysite.com/ssl/certs/paypal_cert.pem

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

please any advice?

I'm having some problems with PayPal IPN, every time someone pays their address is not asked for on the paypal page :( so afterward I have to always input it myself when shipping and I'm not covered under seller protection. I did some test payments with a family members live account but i just can't seem to get paypal to ask customers for an address during payment, theres no comments for seller box also. I was able to get it to ask if they'll provide a phone number but thats it.

please any advice?

Your problem with the address issue is not with the set up of your shopping cart. You need to check the settings in your paypal account. When you look at your overview page in Paypal there should be a link "details".

ARe you saying there is no address on that page when you click through to it?

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the help

i took the advice and contacted paypal a few times to ask them but they claim it is a problem with my websites code

the problem was paypal ipn seemed fine and all the settings in my paypal account were correct

but when a customer checks out and enters the paypal page, they sign into their account to contuine with the payment, on this page they see the order details, items, shipping cost, total etc but there is no option for the customer to provide shipping address during the payment

so when payment goes through no shipping address is on file with paypal meaning the seller is not covered by seller protection.

I have solved this finally

I read the code for a long time in:

\catalog\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php

now I'm a total noob at this stuff but I found one line that sounded funny,

$parameters['no_shipping'] = '1';

I changed the above line to read

$parameters['shipping'] = '1';

and so far I am seeing the shipping address appear during checkout like it should :D seems like problem solved! :blush: