Sign in to follow this  
anupthukral

canadapost and port 30000

Hi

I have installed canadapost shipping module 3.9 on my localhost and it's working fine. I am receiving response back from sellonline.canadapost.ca and able to see all the options.

When I uploaded my site to the web server at a webhosting company, it's not receing any response back from canadapost. Tey are saying they have opened port 30000 on TCP. I read about port 30000 to be opened in this forum. I know canadapost accept either of the 2 but not UDP.

Is there a specific type or mode of port 30000? I mean like TCP or HTTP POST etc. Waht is the difference between the 2.

Really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

There was a topic on this elsewhere in the forum about a month ago.

You host may be blocking port 30000

I don't know why they would do such a thing, but I had exactly this problem when my host merged with another host.

I asked them to unblock port 30000; they did; problem solved.

There was a topic on this elsewhere in the forum about a month ago.

You host may be blocking port 30000

I don't know why they would do such a thing, but I had exactly this problem when my host merged with another host.

I asked them to unblock port 30000; they did; problem solved.

Thanks for the response. I got it resolved. My hosting company finally unblock port 30000 and not it seems working for me.

BTW, what kind of Payment module are you using on your website. I am just trying to compare the available options in canada.

BTW, what kind of Payment module are you using on your website. I am just trying to compare the available options in canada.

I'm just using PayPal and Cheques.