• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Virtual Merchant - Elavon, ViaKlix, Nova Payment Module Support Forum

zelf

There is no code involved. This operation is done at the VirtualMerchant site after you log in as a client.

Thanks Don for your reply. I will do the install and see how it turns out. Hope it will not be too bad. I have a pretty modified store so there is always some type of issue that comes into play. Thanks again.

Steve

Note: I accidentally posted this earlier to the wrong forum on this website. I have relocated it here.

------------

I have been running OS Commerce for 3.5 years. In that time I have had no problems and forgotten most of what I knew about installing it. My website (tru-cast.com) does not use SSL and currently sends the customer to viaklix.com https website for credit card data entry using the viaKLIX Payment Gateway. Because vialix will no longer be supported within a few months I am planning to move to the following new payment module:

Virtual Merchant - Elavon, ViaKlix, Nova Payment Module v. 1.2 (Full Package)

I just called Elavon Software Support and was told Virtual Merchant (VM) does work the same way as Nova/Viaklix. In other words, my website can continue to be an unencrypted http website (without SSL) under VM. This is implemented by having VM handle the input form instead of having my website do the input form. That way the new Virtual Merchant website handles the encryption of the credit card info as did the viaklix website before.

Does anybody have experience implementing VM using the Elavon input forms? Did you have to do any customization or should it be pretty much install and go? I'm not worried about configuring normal stuff, but I am not a programmer and want to make sure I don't break my website with a new installation that might take weeks to get working.

Can I install the new VM module above while keeping the existing viaKLIX Payment Gateway module? I do not have a test environment nor do I know how to set one up so I would like to be able to continue using the existing viaKLIX Payment Gateway module while I install and test the new VM module.

Are there any advantages to installing OSCommerce v3 and setting up the VM module for that version? Or should I just stick with OSC v2.2? I am currently using osCommerce 2.2-MS2 and MySQL 5.0.67-log.

BTW, Thanks to all the developers and supporters for such a great product! I get compliments on my website and it's you guys that deserve the credit!

Note: I accidentally posted this earlier to the wrong forum on this website. I have relocated it here.

------------

I have been running OS Commerce for 3.5 years. In that time I have had no problems and forgotten most of what I knew about installing it. My website (tru-cast.com) does not use SSL and currently sends the customer to viaklix.com https website for credit card data entry using the viaKLIX Payment Gateway. Because vialix will no longer be supported within a few months I am planning to move to the following new payment module:

Virtual Merchant - Elavon, ViaKlix, Nova Payment Module v. 1.2 (Full Package)

I just called Elavon Software Support and was told Virtual Merchant (VM) does work the same way as Nova/Viaklix. In other words, my website can continue to be an unencrypted http website (without SSL) under VM. This is implemented by having VM handle the input form instead of having my website do the input form. That way the new Virtual Merchant website handles the encryption of the credit card info as did the viaklix website before.

Does anybody have experience implementing VM using the Elavon input forms? Did you have to do any customization or should it be pretty much install and go? I'm not worried about configuring normal stuff, but I am not a programmer and want to make sure I don't break my website with a new installation that might take weeks to get working.

Can I install the new VM module above while keeping the existing viaKLIX Payment Gateway module? I do not have a test environment nor do I know how to set one up so I would like to be able to continue using the existing viaKLIX Payment Gateway module while I install and test the new VM module.

Are there any advantages to installing OSCommerce v3 and setting up the VM module for that version? Or should I just stick with OSC v2.2? I am currently using osCommerce 2.2-MS2 and MySQL 5.0.67-log.

BTW, Thanks to all the developers and supporters for such a great product! I get compliments on my website and it's you guys that deserve the credit!

You should double check, it might be that they do offer such a service but it seems that this module does not use that system...and even more worrying:

A note of caution is in order for anyone converting from the viaKlix contribution to this one. The viaKlix contribution does not store the cardholder information in the osC orders database but this VirtualMerchant contribution does. Storing the cardholder information will make it very difficult (perhaps impossible) to get PCI compliance certification.

I haven't looked carefully at the source for the two contributions to discover how the viaKlix contribution is avoiding storing the information. I suspect, however, that it is not putting the information in POST variables. It could be that the VirtualMerchant contribution won't work without the cardholder information being placed in POST variables.

You should double check, it might be that they do offer such a service but it seems that this module does not use that system...and even more worrying:

A note of caution is in order for anyone converting from the viaKlix contribution to this one. The viaKlix contribution does not store the cardholder information in the osC orders database but this VirtualMerchant contribution does. Storing the cardholder information will make it very difficult (perhaps impossible) to get PCI compliance certification.

I haven't looked carefully at the source for the two contributions to discover how the viaKlix contribution is avoiding storing the information. I suspect, however, that it is not putting the information in POST variables. It could be that the VirtualMerchant contribution won't work without the cardholder information being placed in POST variables.

Edited by toyicebear

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this contribution.

Before I go live, I'd like to test with a 5000 card number.

I'm getting "The first four digits of the number entered are: 5000. If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card. If it is wrong, please try again.

Name & Expiration Date Entered: John Doe- Expiration Date Entered: 09/10"

(and I'm using the CVV code of 123, as instructed). and configured "Credit cards accepted

Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover"

I've tested with a 4111 card test number and it all goes through fine (except billing the fake card)...

I have ver 1.2 from 31-Jan 2009...

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much,

rickvv

Hi there...

I, too, am in the process of upgrading my clients' osCommerce installation from the ViaKlix module to the new Virtual Merchant module.

As far as I can tell, I installed and configured everything correctly; my clients' server supports cURL in PHP, and I'm pretty certain that I made all of the code changes correctly in all 3 files.

HOWEVER, when I try testing out the actual order process, everything works perfectly well right up until the final screen--where I get a Card Declined error message even when the card info is correct (I've tried it with both the test card info as well as 2 different live credit cards).

Any suggestions? It gives the same error with both Visa and MasterCard.

• 2 weeks later...

NEED SOME HELP!!

I have the chrageit module installed and i can place a transaction in production mode on the website but once i get to the confirmation page on the website and then press "confirm order" on the last step i get this:

"HTTP 500 Internal Server Error"

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:

•The website is under maintenance.

•The website has a programming error.

What you can try:

Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

The live credit card transaction shows up in my virtual merchant admin section as a pending transaction but the order does not show up in OS commerce either.

Any help??

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for the great module.

Can anyone know how to activate CVV2 on VM side?

I ran the transaction as production mode using my credit card info including "cvv code". Even with wrong cvv code, still allow to accept the transaction. On VM site, the CVV2 code shows as "N"

It should show error message without processing the transaction, I assume.

VM admin site dosen't allow me to change the setting for CVV2 field. The option field is deactivated. Do I need to add the new field using CVV2 field? Thank you in advance.

I had the same issue so I called VM tech support. He said that even he was not able to change the CVV2 field to Required. Thus, he said that actually means that CVV2 IS ALWAYS REQUIRED. You can't turn it on or off. But my problem is I am still getting CVV2:N errors. I know the CVV2 is correct as I used it to manually enter in VM Credit Card Sale screen. I am using the Virtual_Merchant_Charge_It_1_2_3 package. In the osc admin screen, I tried with both True and False for the "Set CVV2 to Required" field. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much for the great module.

Can anyone know how to activate CVV2 on VM side?

I ran the transaction as production mode using my credit card info including "cvv code". Even with wrong cvv code, still allow to accept the transaction. On VM site, the CVV2 code shows as "N"

It should show error message without processing the transaction, I assume.

VM admin site dosen't allow me to change the setting for CVV2 field. The option field is deactivated. Do I need to add the new field using CVV2 field? Thank you in advance.

• 5 months later...

Installed the contribution. Everything works fine - except....

I'm not getting error messages back from Virtual Merchant. It just refreshed the checkout_payment page.

If a transaction goes through - it finishes, and processes just fine.

If a transaction is declined, I'm right back on the checkout_payment page, with no error message, and no indication as to the problem.

Any help with this?

• 2 months later...

Hi all, and many thanks for this module.

I have it pluged in to a new installation of osC v2.3.1 and it works great... If all user cc info is entered perfect...

Only thing is, the installation instructions for the code to implement the "nicely formatted error message..." Do not seem to mesh with the files in v2.3.1.

The code sections segments referenced and places to insert scripts don't seem to be there. Maybe it is because osC 2.3.1 has evolved too much since v 2.2, such that this section needs to be re-visited.

Bottom line for my implementation: It works if everything is perfect, but if the user types any information wrong, it returns to the Payment Information form with no indication of what the error was.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I have an installation of OSC using the ChargeIt contribution to post payments to Elavon. Sometime during the last week, Elavon changed their system such that every transaction is now being declined. I called Elavon and they told me it has something to do with the way they process CVV2 info. They couldn't tell me what to do and I don't know where to start to figure this out. Any clues out there?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

To change the middle 8 numbers of the credit card no to X's that are stored in the database for security purposes, add the following line to includes/modules/payment/chargeit.php in the before_process function around line 464 :

$order->info['cc_number'] = substr($_POST['cc_number'], 0, 4) . str_repeat('X', (strlen($_POST['cc_number']) - 8)) . substr($_POST['cc_number'], -4);

Should look like this:

// clean $_POST

$ssl_card_number = strip_tags($_POST['cc_number']);

$ssl_exp_date = strip_tags($_POST['cc_expires']);

$ssl_cvv2cvc2_indicator = strip_tags($_POST['cvv_indicator']);

$ssl_cvv2cvc2 = strip_tags($_POST['cvv_number']);

$order->info['cc_number'] = substr($_POST['cc_number'], 0, 4) . str_repeat('X', (strlen($_POST['cc_number']) - 8)) . substr($_POST['cc_number'], -4);

// Populate an array that contains all of the data to be submitted

Ed

Edited by orosanto

• 1 month later...

Installed module as instructed

Receive error email but no error listed:

Error Message(s):

Address Verification Response:

CVV2 Verification Response:

what does this mean? is it not even making the elavon servers for verification?

We need to replace the following lines with the 'ereg" function :

if (ereg ("(^[0-9][0-9][0-9]$|^[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]$)", $HTTP_POST_VARS['cvv_number']) == 1){
$data .= $key . '=' . urlencode(ereg_replace(',', '', $value)) . '&';

The first line checks that the cvv is 3 or four digits -

if (preg_match('/^[0-9][0-9][0-9]$|^[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]$/', $HTTP_POST_VARS['cvv_number'])) { 

The second looks to be stripping out the comma's in $value.. and I think should be:

$data .= $key . '=' . urlencode(preg_replace('/,/', '', $value)) . '&'; 

I would appreciate someone checking this..

Edited by xtronics

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation

of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a
temporary prosperity; both bring permanent ruin.
Ernest Hemingway

In /catalog/includes/modules/payment/chargeit.php:

We need to replace the following lines with the 'ereg" function :

if (ereg ("(^[0-9][0-9][0-9]$|^[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]$)", $HTTP_POST_VARS['cvv_number']) == 1){
$data .= $key . '=' . urlencode(ereg_replace(',', '', $value)) . '&';

The first line checks that the cvv is 3 or four digits -

if (preg_match('/^[0-9][0-9][0-9]$|^[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]$/', $HTTP_POST_VARS['cvv_number'])) { 

The second looks to be stripping out the comma's in $value.. and I think should be:

$data .= $key . '=' . urlencode(preg_replace('/,/', '', $value)) . '&'; 

In /catalog/includes/classes/chargeit_cc_validation

$this->cc_number = preg_replace('/[^0-9]/', '', $number);

if (preg_match('/^4[0-9]{12}([0-9]{3})?$/', $this->cc_number)) {
       $this->cc_type = 'Visa';
     } elseif (preg_match('/^5[0-5][0-9]{14}$/', $this->cc_number)) {
       $this->cc_type = 'Master Card';
     } elseif (preg_match('/^3[47][0-9]{13}$/', $this->cc_number)) {
       $this->cc_type = 'American Express';
     } elseif (preg_match('/^3(0[0-5]|[68][0-9])[0-9]{11}$/', $this->cc_number)) {
       $this->cc_type = 'Diners Club';
     } elseif (preg_match('/^6011[0-9]{12}$/', $this->cc_number)) {
       $this->cc_type = 'Discover';
     } elseif (preg_match('/^(3[0-9]{4}|2131|1800)[0-9]{11}$/', $this->cc_number)) {
       $this->cc_type = 'JCB';
     } elseif (preg_match('/^5610[0-9]{12}$/', $this->cc_number)) {
       $this->cc_type = 'Australian BankCard';

I would appreciate someone checking this..

Edited by xtronics

The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation

of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a
temporary prosperity; both bring permanent ruin.
Ernest Hemingway

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know what parameters need to be send to Virtual Merchant to indicate a recurring payment?

Download the Virtual Merchant Developer guide for this one.

This is one of the few places on the Internet where I could find some information about the Recurring payments of VM. Yet I still cannot find anything about it neither on their (Elavon's, former NOVA) website nor on their Development Guide you refer to. I tried several approaches with no avail:

ssl_transaction_type=recurring

ssl_transaction_type=ccrecurring

ssl_recurring_trans_type=recurring

ssl_billing_cycle=monthly

ssl_number_of_payments

(the last three are taken from their VM User Interface, where one *can* initiate a Recurring Transaction)

But neither of these do the trick.

Could you just provide the right parameters if you have some information available, please? Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been messing with this contribution - trying to get it to work with osC 2.3.1 and Elavon's system. I have fixed the 'ereg' errors so it plays nicely with newer versions of php and I have patched up the html so that, theoretically, error messages will display properly for the customer. I am however stuck with this error from Elavon:

Error Message(s): 4009. Required Field Not Supplied. The field Invoice Number (ssl_invoice_number) required but not supplied in the authorization request.

I don't know how to fix this. Any ideas? Elavon lists a couple $50 versions of this module as being compatible and available. Any recommendations?

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

When I run my test credit card I get the following error:

Error Message(s): 5019. Minimum Length Error. Minimum Field Character Limit not reached.

Address Verification Response:

CVV2 Verification Response:

I'm not sure if my VM payment fields are set up correctly. I don't have any additional required field so I don't know which field is creating the error. Any help??? - Ken

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Could you please let me know if this contribution is compatible with OSC version 2.3.3.3? Thank you

It works. You will need to change a few php deprecated ergs to pregs is all. Just follow your error logs to find the old lines. There's also a few tables you'll need to remove from the html. As is stated above..Test it "live" and with a valid card and then void your transaction. Don't bother testing it on VM's "demo" server — it won't work.

Edited by opus_uno2001

• 3 weeks later...

I recently upgraded to 2.3.3.4 and installed the Elavon mod with the ereg changes that I've used for years. Evertyhing is processing and I'm making money except that I don't have the card info when I look at the order in Admin. Of the 4 CC fields in the order, only the card number appears. The missing data is not in the database in table orders so I think this problem needs a change in one of the base osc checkout scripts. Anyone come across this?